Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the journos didn't pick up on this one. Caro? Hutchy? Barrett? The best in the business? :rolleyes:

Freo must have chucked a truck load of money at Ross to trump Melbourne's overtures.

They've got a relatively mature list. Lyon can trade for his bits & pieces players and won't have to babysit like he would at Melbourne. And they've got money.

So angry at Ross.

Can't believe it. Can't blame the club at all, by all report they had put a fair offer to him when under normal circumstances they probably wouldn't even extend his contract until next year.

Ross has obviously only been thinking about Ross for the past month and I'll never think of him the same again.

Fortius quo Fidelius!

As a Fremantle supporter I have to say I am very disappointed to see Mark Harvey sacked. I don't think any coach could have got us into the finals this year with the injuries we've had and i think it was an amazing effort we were in the eight for so long.

Your club should speak to Mark Harvey.

Lyon not only screwed us over by the sounds but effectively sacked Harvey. What a heartless c..t if true! Lyon making all the moves on this one by the looks...Couldve been pelchens appointment which he despised.

How uncommitted he must have been in the latter half of the season, especially finals, and even earlier!

Lost all respect for him.

St Kilda were still negotiating up until today.

I don't even.

popcorn.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to anyone here to make shit comments or pit shots, don't bother. You'll be red carded and I'm pretty sure thats what Bay 13 is for.

Infact, if your gonna make a joke, mate it to your mates.

It would appear that, in all likelihood, Ross is heading to Fremantle. If so this is disappointing, but that is IF he is going, we don't know yet. So, UNTIL IT IS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED can we lay off the extreme insults?

But, if it is announced.... well... :rolleyes:

EDIT:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mark-harvey-sacked-from-fremantle/story-e6frf9jf-1226138146342

Saints football manager Greg Hutchison has confirmed Lyon told the club at 5pm.

Very, very disappointing. I would hope that he was at least up front with the players, considering how he has blindsided the supporters and seemingly the board as well.

Now 6PR saying Robert Harvey is going to take over as interim coach of St Kilda, what a f***ing circus.

St Kilda and Mark Harvey have both been shafted here, the AFL industry just gets grubbier by the day with all this lying, backstabbing and money grabbing. If they aren't careful they will lose supporters from the game.

Well there we go!!

I was going to post not 2 days ago that I thought Ross was gone and he'd be coaching Melbourne next year. Then I get on Bigfooty and find that his management had commented that he'd be staying for another year, and look to extend his contract beyond 2012.

Then I get on her tonight and read this...WTF :eek:

Guess we'll have to wait for the official press conference and see Ross in a Dockers uniform before it finally sinks in. I too don't understand how it was kept so quiet??? Not one piece of gossip anywhere on any forum, and them bam? All this talk about Ross approaching the Dockers to coach (which is neigh on unheard of in todays game) and the deal being done weeks ago seems a little "out of this world" so to speak...guess we'll just have to wait and see...

But it's a sad day if this has occurred.... really hope the saints don't implode on themselves :(

Now 6PR saying Robert Harvey is going to take over as interim coach of St Kilda, what a f***ing circus.

St Kilda and Mark Harvey have both been shafted here, the AFL industry just gets grubbier by the day with all this lying, backstabbing and money grabbing. If they aren't careful they will lose supporters from the game.

Interim coach? isn't the season finished for the Saints?

I'm angry and shocked but in the cold light of day it may be a blessing.

Let's get someone who can develop kids and not blindly pick the same people every week.

Let's get someone who's courageous enough to play Roo on wing, Lynch at FF, etc, etc.

Let's get someone in to burst the "Bubble" and bring some credibility back to the place.

Let's get someone right from under someone else's nose after he wins his 2nd consecutive flag.

Let's put this into perspective people. We finished 7th, barely fired a shot this year, players were not any where near as diciplined, our game plan is stale, and we are playing some fair dinkum hacks.
Was Ross a good coach? Yes, did we win a flag? No. Did the players respond to him this year? No. I think it's time for a change, a new voice and new message. This will hopefully give the players something to prove again. Our list is still strong, in their prime and there are several good coaches out there, let's not forget Malthouse.
I think this change will suit us well, hopefully the poor timing hasn't put us back too far in the hunt tho.
Go Sainters!

Friendly warning to OP supporters that this is still the Saints board, so save your slaggings off to the main board thread, looking chiefly at you here Mayes, pull your head in mate.

All good.

Considering the mood this has left me in I'm going to take some perverse enjoyment dishing out the red cards this evening.

I'm speechless. I can actually understand him wanting to accept a five year deal elsewhere, even at Fremantle, but I'm disgusted by the lies. As he's told the players he is staying, I can't begin to imagine what they are feeling at the moment.

This club has been through worse and we always gets through it. This is just a very sad night. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back