Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why Ross was meeting with Mitch Clark during the year.

He knew he might be interested in the Freo job and rather than talk to Mitch about coming down here (something we all speculated on) he was talking to the kid about his vision for the Purple Haze.

W
T
F

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Ross brokered this deal himself...management company sack him as they looked after Harvey too!! This man has no morals!!! What a dog if true!! My throat will be sore from hurling invective at him when we get freo at home!!!

This is why Ross was meeting with Mitch Clark during the year.

He knew he might be interested in the Freo job and rather than talk to Mitch about coming down here (something we all speculated on) he was talking to the kid about his vision for the Purple Haze.

W
T
F

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Its so true. Clarke practically nominated Fro, and they'll get him too.

Can handle the fact he has left to go to a new job. Happens in most business, people leaving etc.
What I can't handle is the fact he has gone out on his own 6 weeks before we start playing finals football and knived another coach to get his own way.
Trying to find words to display how selfish this man is, but cant find them. Disgrace.

saints fans lift your head, yes the club just got F%$# but the club needs this, as dg102 just said we need to get goal not defend. clean out the closet. the club carry's dead wait. we all love our clubs, and i for one love the saints but the change is now here. time to say good bye to some house hold names.
stand as one saints fans we are going to have a ripper of a season come 2012.

Cannot believe this.

Melbourne yes, freo of all places.

At least now we might have someone who will develop kids.

Seems as though Lyon didn't have the guts to stick the hard job out.
Seems as though he didn't want to do the work and wants to wander into a club that is on the up as it was rather than doing the work.
Seems as though he has welched on us.

Odd that he did it alone without management.

He's a ****, and so IMO are the Fremantle football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saints fans lift your head, yes the club just got F%$# but the club needs this, as dg102 just said we need to get goal not defend. clean out the closet. the club carry's dead wait. we all love our clubs, and i for one love the saints but the change is now here. time to say good bye to some house hold names.
stand as one saints fans we are going to have a ripper of a season come 2012.

You're right. It's the best for all.

Screw Lyon bring on Sanderson. Maybe we'll start kicking more goals now.

I'm guessing that's our Sanderson. Just wondering if Saints fans would be interested in him as a coach (assuming Roos and Malthouse don't eventuate). Personally, I think both he and Neeld will be good senior coaches one day.

We had our senior coach and his lieutenant poached last year and (while the circumstances are different) we haven't done too badly out of it. Things could work out well for the Saints in the end.

Defence coach.

Ta muchly.

How would Rob Harvs be as a coach from the eyes of supporters? Is he ready for the gig or still better off in an assistant role?

Leon Cameron could be another one worth a look if he doesn't land at the Doggies.

BigFooty is going into meltdown lol.

Heh Thursday night is drinkies night, that doesn't help things either - and most people are hanging out the weekend so any news is welcomed.

@LWP below
$7.5mil?! Geezus...good luck to 'em if they can afford that, incredible.

The AFL couldn't be stupid enought to have Freo play St Kilda over here could they?

Ross won't make it out of Etihad alive! I normally sit on level 3, above the cheer squad. Would gladly book a reserve seat right next to the away coaches race if it meant I could get a couple of shots in on him :mad:

I don't think any coach could have got us into the finals this year with the injuries we've had

Your club should speak to Mark Harvey.

Agree with you on the first point.

No thanks on the second. He's out there.

The AFL couldn't be stupid enought to have Freo play St Kilda over here could they?

Ross won't make it out of Etihad alive! I normally sit on level 3, above the cheer squad. Would gladly book a reserve seat right next to the away coaches race if it meant I could get a couple of shots in on him :mad:

I'd like to give him a good old fashioned Moorabin Animal Cage welcome.

there is to much finger pointing going on here, we have all left our jobs before and spoken to people before leaving(or you would not leave).This is time the club needs.

stand up and unite and not finger point.

Ross did an amazing job and got an incredible amount out of the list he had but I really feel its time to freshen up. I just cant beleive the terms he has left the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back