Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Chin up Sainters, everything happens for a reason and maybe this is what the club need to rally together and go all the way next season. This a situation that might suit mighty Mick Malthouse, hope you get him guys.

Now 6PR saying Robert Harvey is going to take over as interim coach of St Kilda, what a f***ing circus.

St Kilda and Mark Harvey have both been shafted here, the AFL industry just gets grubbier by the day with all this lying, backstabbing and money grabbing. If they aren't careful they will lose supporters from the game.

I hope that he will only be at the helm for the off season. Don't get me wrong, I love Harves, but he doesn't seem to be the best coaching material, especially because of only being an assistant for the past couple years now.

Inb4 Essendon and Hird - hasn't been a huge success, plus there's the fact that Mark Thompson is there who, IMO, is more of a head coach than Hird for most of this season.

I'm angry and shocked but in the cold light of day it may be a blessing.

Let's get someone who can develop kids and not blindly pick the same people every week.

Let's get someone who's courageous enough to play Roo on wing, Lynch at FF, etc, etc.

Let's get someone in to burst the "Bubble" and bring some credibility back to the place.

Let's get someone right from under someone else's nose after he wins his 2nd consecutive flag.

I think all the above is a very good point. I also think with bringing in the right younger people and a more aggressive game plan, I wouldn't be surprised if you goes move up the ladder, rather then down in 2012.

Going out early in finals allows you to have a longer off season break too after 2 tough years.

I'm speechless. I can actually understand him wanting to accept a five year deal elsewhere, even at Fremantle, but I'm disgusted by the lies. As he's told the players he is staying, I can't begin to imagine what they are feeling at the moment.

This is what gets me, not the fact that he took it (reportedly) the fact that it may have been months ago, it may have been under a cone of silence, and during that time he just smiled whilst he sharpened the daggers. I am livid that he seemingly lacked the spinal column to be upfront about it.

All good.

Considering the mood this has left me in I'm going to take some perverse enjoyment dishing out the red cards this evening.

I'm speechless. I can actually understand him wanting to accept a five year deal elsewhere, even at Fremantle, but I'm disgusted by the lies. As he's told the players he is staying, I can't begin to imagine what they are feeling at the moment.

This club has been through worse and we always gets through it. This is just a very sad night. :(

This. I don't give a shyster, if he wants to go - Go. But no doubt the Saints (and maybe the Docker) have been blindsided.

I wonder whether the Saints did offer Lyon 3 years in addition to 2012 - and Lyon rejected it ?

Lyon not only screwed us over by the sounds but effectively sacked Harvey. What a heartless c..t if true! Lyon making all the moves on this one by the looks...Couldve been pelchens appointment which he despised.

How uncommitted he must have been in the latter half of the season, especially finals, and even earlier!

Lost all respect for him.

But its ok for your club to sack players at the end of the year. Take it for what it is, thats footy.

If there is not a due process considered the same way that Lyon was appointed then Im not renewing. If Rob Harvey (no offense) or just anyone is annointed then it's Grant Thomas all over again.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/123531/default.aspx

Ross Lyon has this evening advised the St Kilda Football Club that he will not be seeing out his existing contract to the end of 2012.

Lyon also advised that he would not be accepting the offer of a new, unconditional four year deal to coach the Saints until 2015.

The St Kilda Football Club is disappointed that Ross Lyon will not be continuing as senior coach.

Until this evening the Club was engaged in constructive discussions with Lyon’s management about his long term future at the Saints.

St Kilda Football Club assistant coach Robert Harvey will assume responsibility on an interim basis.

This is what gets me, not the fact that he took it (reportedly) the fact that it may have been months ago, it may have been under a cone of silence, and during that time he just smiled whilst he sharpened the daggers. I am livid that he seemingly lacked the spinal column to be upfront about it.

Yep.

I could not have been more wrong about him. As recently as 6 hours I was defending him and this has been in the pipeline for weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW!!! ESP say Ross did deal on his own and even they have parted ways with Lyon

Berbakov has apparently quit aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back