Roughead was dissapointing. Time to lift!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I predicted Roughead to shine tonight, in a Buddy-less forward line. He had two gettable shots in the first quarter, one an absolute gimmey, but failed to convert. He's been kicking like a spud all season, but still has 12 goals for the season! Good, but could be better!

Has been good, without starring, but is ready to tear a game apart. Can't wait!!

ccRougheadCelebrates_gallery__285x400.jpg

Roughy needs to spend the week going back a further 10 paces, and getting a run up and balance going for his set shots.

Come on you Forward Coaches, its not rocket surgery!!

Roughy needs to spend the week going back a further 10 paces, and getting a run up and balance going for his set shots.

Come on you Forward Coaches, its not rocket surgery!!

NASA would rather he was involved in rocket trajectory planning (surgery).

Aim at the moon - bound to him Mars...

Yeah I agree.

Lift Roughy, LIFT
Shepp, you sound like our famous supporter, Stanley. Use to G up the crowd with him rousing "LIFT!"

But I agree... Roughie needs to work on that approach/walk up/run up to goal thing he's got going. It's atrocious really, un-Hawthorn like.

He has been dissapointing big time, he can not kick a goal to save himself

the writing was on wall last yeat and again this year, lets face it were a one man band up front only this bloke needs to practise or get lost out of the team

Shepp, you sound like our famous supporter, Stanley. Use to G up the crowd with him rousing "LIFT!"

But I agree... Roughie needs to work on that approach/walk up/run up to goal thing he's got going. It's atrocious really, un-Hawthorn like.

Is he that big and bald bloke? If so, he is who I was thinking of when I posted that.

He would stand up and say " LIFT,LIFT,LIFT HAWFORN LIFT "

Needs to do something. For all the slagging that someone like Buddy often scores, Roughy gets off nigh on scott free. He has been a great dissapointment. Any more than normal though?

He has a lot more experience, (apparently) ability, reputation (and a pay packet to match), compared to a lot of our younger brigade. He rarely lives up to our expectations, but manages to get away with things because people accept that he's able to hide in Buddys shadow. Without Buddy about, he still manages just as a passenger rather than a performer.

I hope he doesnt answer the call above and 'tear A game apart'. One game just wouldnt be enough. I hope he just puts in a better performace each and every game, ie. on a consistent basis. That would be against opposition good and bad, not just a couple of times a year.

He is the main big name player on the Hawks list that I could live with losing over the next few years. Problem is, the longer he keeps playing like he does, his value to anybody else, and subsequently to us diminishes.

yes his kicking is confusing as he was a 'dead eye dick' this time last year. was lik e 23 goals 5 behinds.....could not miss, shocking this year in his kicking and application.

now, our whole forward line cannot kick, browny had another 2 set shots tonight and did not convert, again did not make the distance from 35 metres. i assume we knew play would play forward this year, its ok to apply forward pressure, but you need to convert your opportunities.

i just am concerned about roughie's inconsistenmt application in games. needs to have a coffee with brent renouf i reckon, perhaps x ellis can join

Roughead should be playing for Box Hill!!

Time to make a stand and drop Roughead! His confidence is shot and he really does look disinterested at times! 12 disposals 4 marks and 1 goal 2 is simply not good enough! He is simply not working hard enough and I think its now time to give the kid Lisle a go!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Roughead should be playing for Box Hill!!

No way I can agree mate.

His results are not great; granted, but I don't believe that dropping him to BH is the answer.

I believe that he has to kick goals & not points. He won't learn to kick straighter at BH and as such dropping him won't help.

I appreciate your frustration, but I don't think that your suggestion is a valid way of fixig the perceived problem.

What a ridiculous thread.

Did you ever stop to wonder just how he was to kick a bag tonight when our inside 50's were almost half that of Collingwoods?
And if you thought Roughead was poor tonight as the single tall forward, how do you reckon Franklin will go next week when North play two defenders on him each time we go forward?

There really should be a special pass handed out to a select few, and only they can start threads.

Roughead's kicking is that bad I think he needs to go back to CHB.

Hopefully, Dowler will show some form at BHHs tomorrow and get promoted or alternatively, start Schoenmakers in the forward line.

Needs to do something. For all the slagging that someone like Buddy often scores, Roughy gets off nigh on scott free. He has been a great dissapointment. Any more than normal though?

He has a lot more experience, (apparently) ability, reputation (and a pay packet to match), compared to a lot of our younger brigade. He rarely lives up to our expectations, but manages to get away with things because people accept that he's able to hide in Buddys shadow. Without Buddy about, he still manages just as a passenger rather than a performer.

I hope he doesnt answer the call above and 'tear A game apart'. One game just wouldnt be enough. I hope he just puts in a better performace each and every game, ie. on a consistent basis. That would be against opposition good and bad, not just a couple of times a year.

He is the main big name player on the Hawks list that I could live with losing over the next few years. Problem is, the longer he keeps playing like he does, his value to anybody else, and subsequently to us diminishes.

This is a shit post.

That is all.:mad:

Roughead's kicking is that bad I think he needs to go back to CHB.

Hopefully, Dowler will show some form at BHHs tomorrow and get promoted or alternatively, start Schoenmakers in the forward line.

Not mobile enough for CHB in my opinion.
But could slot straight into FB..........and step straight into the vacated Trent Croad role.......???

Did you ever stop to wonder just how he was to kick a bag tonight when our inside 50's were almost half that of Collingwoods?
And if you thought Roughead was poor tonight as the single tall forward, how do you reckon Franklin will go next week when North play two defenders on him each time we go forward?

There really should be a special pass handed out to a select few, and only they can start threads.

you mean to people who don't say anything critical but always say everything's fine? what sort of forum would that be?

Firstly I never expected Roughead to kick a bag (especially with the atrocious field kicking tonight) but am I the only one who can see that

1) his confidence is shot,
2) he is having no physical pressence out on the ground (surely buddy got rubbed out but at least he was making a physical pressence last wend and making a decient effort at contests)

Do you think people remember St.Kilda dropping Nick Dal Santo in rd13 2008 when they were down the bottom half of the ladder and underperforming....or the fact that this gave the players a reality check and they went on to play us in the Prelim final????

A week in Box Hill against a weaker defence where he should be able to get a bit of the pill and hopefully kick a few goals wouldnt do any harm, and if Dowler and Lisle perform tomorrow then I dont see any reason why this wouldnt be a benefit to the team!

This will never happen but I still believe Roughy's best position is at FB or CHB. He's quick , strong and actually a terrific field kick. And the best part of all is he would never have to take set shots for goal. Of course Buddy would find things tougher without him. Would have to start from scratch with Shoey as the second forward target which definitely wont be pretty at the start, This could be the kind of structural change we need though.

He did have a lousy game last night, but was no Han Solo in that was he? Although he has not looked confident at all with his kicking this year, with 12.10 so far he is still sitting at 4th place on the goalkicking list so far for the year, behind only JBrown, Hall and Fev. Yes, time to lift Ruffy, along with 87.5% per cent of your team mates! Drop him and you may as well drop the rest of the team too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughead was dissapointing. Time to lift!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back