Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

actually smached em in the middle, then the ball got bogged down in fwd line till a hawks rebound and we would get smashed on the rebound . jiath picked usoff 20 odd times and nobody could go with mitchel, will be scary when we come up against hawkins and the other power forwards of the game.

I feel shattered so let’s try focus on positives.

Pleasantly surprised with Young, Taylor and Corr.

Greenwood a solid pickup, don’t mind him.

JHF was ok, hard when you have to lift more than your weight early.

Out: Stevenson, CCJ, Powell (doesn’t seem quite right?)
In: Meh whoever, we need Marty Hoare now

• McDonald best on by a mile.
• LDU looked good, especially early. Disappeared though.
• Xerri did some nice work. He’s tough.
• JHF a bright spark on a pretty bleak arvo.
• Mahoney did some nice things. Could be a good season for him.
• Hall got a lot of it but disposal was poor at times under pressure.

• Disposal very average all round (what’s new?!)
• Jy has taken over Jack’s ‘hack kick out of the midfield to nobody’ mantle beautifully.
• Too tall. Too short down back.
• McKay injury killed us & will hurt again next week given it’s a concussion. Tarrant would have been handy to have out there today…
• Powell a bit off?
Tarryn Thomas the biggest let down for me.

• Both teams will be bottom 3 or 4
• Umpiring shocking.

3 rucks…. absolute clowns. Forward setup is a shambles, defence going to let us down all year, disgrace it wasn’t bolstered.

We are wooden spooners this year don’t kid yourselves, we will be lucky to match the 4 wins from last year.

At the very least this year can we start holding the passengers accountable and drop them. Start with Stevo, can’t be picked after that shit.

1 game but shit, that was abysmal. So much poo still in this squad.

Has to be said - umpiring was atrocious.

Now that's out of the way, too many of our players were lazy today. Hawks were more willing to run and create space and provide linkup options, while we were extremely stagnant.

That was the difference today.

Disappointing.
Thought the umpiring went our way in the first half, definitely not in the second half. Balanced out in the end, probably. What didn't balance was the effort of our players vs theirs. Result perfectly reflects the gap between the teams imo. Not too much, enough to prove that they're a better team, but tantalising enough to make us disappointed that we aren't closer

It's strange how perspectives differ.

I though Hall was good today - one of the only players on the park who didn't stop running all day and continued to burst forward. Yeah he had a couple clangers, but who didn't today?

Meanwhile I thought Curtis Taylor looked pretty average. Never seemed to attack the footy cleanly.

Guess I'll reserve judgement when watching the game back on replay. I was sitting behind the goals so it definitely skews the way you view the game.

wasnt fitness where we came up short, was structures and selections.
Didn’t help but some laziness/softness from certain players was more telling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will not win many games with that backline. McKay of 2021, Hall and LMac only guys who would get a game elsewhere.

Forward line just horrid, no system and not real plan it appeared.

And our outside run is poor. Scott and Lachie not up to it and Laz has gone from an exiting prospect to a liability.

And the number 1 pick is likely another F/S

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dumbest ******* decision to play goldy, xerri and CCJ. What a ******* arsehat amateur decision that is. We should have ******* won that game. Skills were ******* poor, simple marking, simple ******* kicks, simple handballs. All over the place. Backline is f’ed, forward line couldnt clunk a mark.

Only positive was JHF’s endeavour, LMAC wearing his heart on his sleeve and Halls ball use.

Sleevo, TT, CZ, CT were absolute ******* passengers today. Piss poor from them
Disagree on Curtis Taylor. Busted a gut and looked dangerous. But yes, playing 3 rucks when 2 of them have no concept of forward craft was a terrible idea. CCJ did NOT look good on his first outing.. if anything he looked like a typical North Melbourne player of previous regimes..... just not good enough at the level

I though Hall was good today - one of the only players on the park who didn't stop running all day and continued to burst forward. Yeah he had a couple clangers, but who didn't today?

Meanwhile I thought Curtis Taylor looked pretty average. Never seemed to attack the footy cleanly.

Guess I'll reserve judgement when watching the game back on replay. I was sitting behind the goals so it definitely skews the way you view the game.
Thought Curtis Taylor was one of our better players tbh.

First half hall was great, second not so much

At least CT had a crack and showed a bit of fight

Jy, LMac and LDU excellent. Curtis, Hall and Powell were good. Taz gave us **** all. Stevo even less than that. Too tall up forward, we looked lazy and unfit. 3 goals in the 2nd half is pathetic. Drop CCJ, Polec comes in.

A lot of us say preseason games or form doesn’t mean anything it’s just a practice match or it’s just preseason.

I’m sorry but it’s usually a presentation on where we’re at as a team.

The preseason form is EXACTLY what we dished up today. Fumbling, structureless, turns to butter when the opposition applies pressure etc Hence I would love to see us absolutely smoke some preseason games (and obviously round 1) to get some confidence coming into the year. Every time it feels like we got to work ourself into the year and never just start out well. It’s been a issue for sooooo long now. We need to go out to win no matter what. That mentality needs to be entrenched into our players early on.

I’m saying that, injuries ****ed us (mckay) Plus the decision to play Stephenson and too many talls was a mistake. Noble is a fresh coach so mistakes will be made but yeah….

Weren't they being flogged fitness wise according to preseason reports? Hasn't shown up in round 1
Fitness wasnt that bad. The ****ing poor skills and decision making ****ing stunk with players totally capable of better skill execution. Just ****ing stunk. I am ****ing filthy on half a dozen players. Even Buckets was ****ing complete shit early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back