Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone tell me what Lazzaro actually does apart from being an honest footballer? Small, bugger all pace, can't kick over 50m, like what does he actually do? He's like Mahony but without the quick hands in tight in the f50
Bit of energy but he isn't ready for an extended crack at senior footy.

Can someone tell me what Lazzaro actually does apart from being an honest footballer? Small, bugger all pace, can't kick over 50m, like what does he actually do? He's like Mahony but without the quick hands in tight in the f50
Don’t see anything in him tbh. Try him as a pure small forward. Don’t see him making it anywhere else.

No excuses for most of the playing group but they were sold into oblivion by poor selection. Three rucks, no. It doesn't matter if one is our stalwart, one is the guy we lured from another club and one is a guy who shopped himself for opportunity that was the best of the pre-season... one can't play. You can't fit them all, especially when none have a defensive aspect to their game.

Who would have thought us neglecting to bring in key defensive stocks would come back to bite us within minutes? But at least we have a cheap VFL player/assistant coach.

Jaidyn Stephenson is still falling off his bike and hoping he wakes up and this was all a coma dream he was having. Offering nothing.

Tarryn Thomas probably regretting he put the (c) on himself in Supercoach.

Gee, for all the shit Lachie Young copped at least he went in.

Four talls and none of them can take a mark on the G on the most perfect day for footy you could imagine.

Well done LMac and LDU, in particular.

He turned it over 8 times. He wouldn’t get a game anywhere else, but yet we’ve built our game plan around him.

8 times because you said so or..? Before pulling stats out of your ass, give credit where it's due. He was one of our best today.

31 disposals @ 80% with 3 clangers.

Wanna have a guess how many other players in the team used the ball at over 80%?

At least he made a contest and fought for the ball about 11 other blokes can’t say that
CT was poor. I dont care if you chase your arse off, fumble, missed easy handballs, missed targets not ****ing good enough from someone with the skills to execute.

Im not singling him out, he was in a solid group that took the absolute piss out of us today

We didn’t play 3 Rucks CCj is a forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He doesn't bloody look like it or already to know how to play like one.

Plus, wasn't one of the reasons he came over is because he wanted more time in the ruck which he wasn't going to get at the Tigers?

fu** me it's round 1 smh, calm the farm people. The land of the giants never works, teams just burn you on the turnover and sleevo's confidence in through the floor. We still play at times dumb footy like It's under 14's footy at times ldu and turner guilty

You looked at our fixture?

It’s gonna get much harder beyond round 2.

Today was a winnable game and we didn’t.

Good sides will put us away and remain in first gear.

The two of them don’t play in a good teams 22. Unfortunately out talent ID looks for small forwards with no pace or goal sense.

No excuses for most of the playing group but they were sold into oblivion by poor selection. Three rucks, no. It doesn't matter if one is our stalwart, one is the guy we lured from another club and one is a guy who shopped himself for opportunity that was the best of the pre-season... one can't play. You can't fit them all, especially when none have a defensive aspect to their game.

Who would have thought us neglecting to bring in key defensive stocks would come back to bite us within minutes? But at least we have a cheap VFL player/assistant coach.

Jaidyn Stephenson is still falling off his bike and hoping he wakes up and this was all a coma dream he was having. Offering nothing.

Tarryn Thomas probably regretting he put the (c) on himself in Supercoach.

Gee, for all the sh*t Lachie Young copped at least he went in.

Four talls and none of them can take a mark on the G on the most perfect day for footy you could imagine.

Well done LMac and LDU, in particular.
Young was okay today. Pass mark.

Same old same old. Not good enough for long enough.

That being said can we watch a game of footy where the umpires don’t want to put their stamp on a game?

3rd Quarter was an absolute shitfest of terrible umpiring.

The rot started with the gift to Newcomb for throwing his head back when the tackle was clearly around the chest.

Don’t guess you gimps or pay frees based on player reactions.

We get hurt on transition too easily, until we fix that up we will not improve.

Said going into this that we'd be too tall with Xerri, Goldy and CCJ. As expected it didn't work - move on and learn from it.

Positives: McDonald, Taylor, JHF, LDU, Scott and Mahns.

Negatives: our skills are still deplorable, our structure and gameplan is questionable at best, our decision making is awful and we've got some players in our lineup that just aren't AFL standard.

Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Stephenson & McKay (concussion).
In: Walker, Polec, Curtis & Atu.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of us say preseason games or form doesn’t mean anything it’s just a practice match or it’s just preseason.

I’m sorry but it’s usually a presentation on where we’re at as a team.

The preseason form is EXACTLY what we dished up today. Fumbling, structureless, turns to butter when the opposition applies pressure etc Hence I would love to see us absolutely smoke some preseason games (and obviously round 1) to get some confidence coming into the year. Every time it feels like we got to work ourself into the year and never just start out well. It’s been a issue for sooooo long now. We need to go out to win no matter what. That mentality needs to be entrenched into our players early on.

I’m saying that, injuries f’ed us (mckay) Plus the decision to play Stephenson and too many talls was a mistake. Noble is a fresh coach so mistakes will be made but yeah….
its a bit of a chicken and egg scenario, your preseason form is poor when your poor as a team, and unfortinately thats where we are at. lots of green chutes again but you soon get sick of teases, LDUs first half should have set the tone for a good game but we just couldnt capitalise on out early midfield domanance, then the tickets were spent and we were chasing. and even when we pressured a turnover we acted lile possums in headlights ans turned it straigt back, so mant brainfades, late in thelast JZs poxy poor mans clearance straight down the throat of someone on the 50 arc, Jys lolloipo 2om effort on the wing, lizzard kicking OOB on the flakk when there was a hectare of room on the flak. so many that i wouldnt have enough storage or time to documant them all.

Won't hear a bad word about any of the defenders regarding today, absolutely valiant effort from a completely undermanned, at siege backline; if Hawthorn were actually any good Lewis would have kicked 10. McDonald played one of the most complete games I've ever seen from a defender, would have saved 3-4 certain goals with some massive 1v1 wins and intercepts, and provided some damaging rebound as well.

Midfield battled hard and they are going to be a handful in a few years but you could tell they were gassed, need a few more preseasons before the consistency comes and the botched handball chains and miskicks become less frequent.

JHF is Isaac Heeney on steroids, what a weapon; our forward line would have looked even more limp d*** today without him rotating through it

Frustrating game with some seriously suspect individual performances but we competed well despite significant mismatches and I believe we've gotten a glimpse at a potentially generational midfield down the line

What is the alternative ? Jack and Turner going sideways 30 times a game? He tries but has very little support, we have very few players with speed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was clear last year we needed to find ball users to come out of defence. LMac going back helps, but it speaks volumes we done **** all else except pick a twig in the draft who’s probably 3-4 years away from being a shot at the 22. We done nothing to address the issue when it’s how we’ve built our attack for the last 12 months.

Here for Ligma melts
Efa
Ah young love
You are so obsessed it’s weird
Whats Up Hello GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Thought Taylor was really good. LMac best on and did a phenomenal job after Buckets went down. Goldy just ageless and kept us in it both in the ruck and when he went forward. LDU had a terrific first half. JHF showed why he's a #1 pick and just an animal at the contest. Mahony was his usual busy self.

That's about it really. Hall got a stack of it but repeatedly tried to do too much. Not entirely his fault due to a very stagnant forward line but he has to be better. Stephenson was very bad. Didn't get involved and fumbled a lot. Our skill execution was garbage, we got opened up on transition and they exploited our KPD losses very well. Pretty ruthless performance after half time by a team we really should be beating

The third quarter umpiring was incredibly disappointing. At the game I couldn't tell whether it was for speaking back to umpires or what. In crucial moments though you can't be giving away free kicks like that. Shut your mouth and let CCJ kick the goal.

Oh well

😂 what chasing arse is KPI of a good outing? His ball use was ******* sh*t
Chasing arse actually got him a free kick and put pressure on the ball carrier.... unlike what seemed like 50% of the team were willing to do, at least the effort was there though the scoreboard impact wasn't

Won't hear a bad word about any of the defenders regarding today
You will from me; Jack Ziebell is not a one-on-one defender.
If he's not good enough to play a rebounding half-back-flank role, genuine questions can be asked if he's worth a spot in the 22.

He turned it over 8 times. He wouldn’t get a game anywhere else, but yet we’ve built our game plan around him.
Bullshit! Hall was decent other than that shit ****ing butchered handball that resulted in the hawfs turn around and momentum swing. IIRC LDU butchered one, Scott butchered one and Hally did too. Other than that he was serviceable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back