Round 1 DT Discussion!

Remove this Banner Ad

As I have posted before, it is highly unlikely Embley will get the green vest. If anything, he might be a late withdrawal (Dalziel an emergency, despite not really being a part of preseason plans) but from all reports is he ready to go.

Look at the Eagles bench named. Hams, Cripps, Sheppard and A.Selwood. The first 3 all play as half forwards. Sheppard will eventually play on the wing but not yet. If Embley is named sub then WC have Masten and Gaff on the wing with very little rotations.

As I have posted before, it is highly unlikely Embley will get the green vest. If anything, he might be a late withdrawal (Dalziel an emergency, despite not really being a part of preseason plans) but from all reports is he ready to go.

Look at the Eagles bench named. Hams, Cripps, Sheppard and A.Selwood. The first 3 all play as half forwards. Sheppard will eventually play on the wing but not yet. If Embley is named sub then WC have Masten and Gaff on the wing with very little rotations.
Yeah you're right, would I be right saying that Cripps or maybe Hams should get the sub? I'm actually surprised Hams is still in the 22 with Lecras now back to be honest...

Embley has one of the biggest tanks in the AFL he will play and if he holds together will be smashing out the stats up and down pattersons all day!

Yeah you're right, would I be right saying that Cripps or maybe Hams should get the sub? I'm actually surprised Hams is still in the 22 with Lecras now back to be honest...

My post from the player x v player y thread yesterday:
Hams or Cripps. Hopefully Hams. I honestly didn't think he would get a game with Lecras back. It might be a sign of Worsfold planning to use Lecras in the middle a fair bit.

Hams is a bit of a coach favourite I believe. I don't rate him, I think he is a one trick pony and can't wait for Brad Dick to make his way past him.

My post from the player x v player y thread yesterday:
Butler said:
Hams or Cripps. Hopefully Hams. I honestly didn't think he would get a game with Lecras back. It might be a sign of Worsfold planning to use Lecras in the middle a fair bit.​

Hams is a bit of a coach favourite I believe. I don't rate him, I think he is a one trick pony and can't wait for Brad Dick to make his way past him.
Great minds think alike ;)

Very right in that statement, that would be why rookies find it difficult to break into the eagles outfit. In his own right, Hams is a very good impact player which makes him an ideal sub candidate but yeah.. I think Johnny needs to start exploring other avenues occasionally :thumbsu:

Anybody else see Goddards interview right after the match, he seemed a little confused that he started on the wing then was rotated into half back.

As for WC/Freo, only Cox for me (honestly not expecting much as these derbys can be scrappy low scoring affairs).

I don't know why people are regretting going with Goddard. He will most likely end up in the top 2 defenders for the year. Last nights game was very congested and neither team kicked short or chipped it around. I'm sure that isn't going to happen every game and when it does, Heppell and Goddard will score better.

Dangerfield will stay in my side for next round, if he spuds it up again then he will be gone. I'm hoping plenty of people trade him out this week though so he becomes more unique. Raines is a concern but I think Danger will come out firing. Hocking is probably better suited to tagging Danger as well.

Cox and Masten for me tonight. I was happy to take the risk on Masten as my M5 but that was before Dangerfield scored a 50. If he scores low then it will be a nightmare start to the year.
Raines isnt in the lions best team anymore apparently. He has another player to worry about it.

Goddard i dont think people should worry about, however he looked sluggish and very slow.

Youll be alright with Masten i think, he will play a major role with Kerr, Welly, NN and Rosa out a big hole in the midfield. Just pray he doesnt get the crowley tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kornes is a skinny little rat wont be able to handle his inside strength and power. Raines isnt best 22 at brisbane apparently. Has been forced out by Karnezis, Moloney, Beams ect ect
Beams still isnt best 22 imo. Would be very surprised to see Raines not lining up next week.

I will be very happy if Raines isn't selected but he had a very good year last year, it's hard to see them overlooking him. Who else in that midfield will tag? I'm backing Dangerfield to bounce back either way.

Kane Kornes is more of a concern but Danger just needs to use his speed to get a bit more uncontested ball.

So who is Brisbanes new tagger then?

I reckon Redden may get the run with role this year. I wouldn't call him a tagger, but he does lay a lot of tackles and is fit enough to keep up with the best.

Does anyone know if it is possible to contact VirtualSports directly by phone? I've had a google around and even tried an old number I had, but they all seem disconnected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 DT Discussion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back