Shield Round 1: New South Wales vs South Australia, Cricket Central, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Even with Head and Carey in the team, we still bat like shit. Manenti hitting the ball straight to a fielder and running out the skipper didn't help. As for Hunt, first ball faced from a new bowler, tried to sweep a ball from outside off straight to bat/pad. I mean ....... WTF was that!!!???? Wooden spoon .... here we come.

Even with Head and Carey in the team, we still bat like shit. Manenti hitting the ball straight to a fielder and running out the skipper didn't help. As for Hunt, first ball faced from a new bowler, tried to sweep a ball from outside off straight to bat/pad. I mean ....... WTF was that!!!???? Wooden spoon .... here we come.
Don’t tell me you were expecting anything different ?

As a state cricket team in probably the toughest domestic comp in the world, we continually serve this shit up.

I was at the 1995/96 shield final - at least then (with some good luck) we gutsed it out to win the shield.

Since then - absolute shit.

Yet I still renew my SACA membership every year (now $400) only because I love the Adelaide Test.

Came in handy last year as I was able to see the Lords test under recripical rights.

At least I have something to reward my loyalty (member since 1999)

But where are the rivers of gold the SACA gets going into? Junior cricket? The SA Shield side?

When was the last time we heard the SACA President come out and talk about how shit we are?

They don’t give a toss about the shield side. As long as the $$$ come in that’s all that matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 1: New South Wales vs South Australia, Cricket Central, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back