4 bower - rock down back and good disposal
3 army - effort speed poise
2 lucas- sugar with limited game time had impact
1 waite - target
well done yaz on great goal laidler for being there

5.. Murphy.....Slow start but cameright into it after halff time
4.. Henderson Kept Mr EGO under control most of the game
3.. Carrazzo....Good job quietening Cotchin after 1/4 time
2.. Simmo.......Kept us in it in 1st 1/2.
1. Kreuze......(THat KB is a D...h... reckoned Vickery was a better player)

Honorable mentions. The whole side playerd well. Good to see Laidler get thru OK. Lucas godd when he came on. Lesser lights all played well, esp Armfield, Curnow, Bower, Tuoy, Hampsom etc...

5. Carrazzo - solid all night and was neat by foot.
4. Murphy - quiet early but really dominated in the 2nd half.
3. Kreuzer - what can you say? Gun.
2. Yarran - game breaker.
1. Gibbs - exquisite by foot, super smart game from him.

Special mentions to Bower, Laidler and Simpson for their games. Bower was very good defensively and used the ball well. Tonight's game just confirmed to me how much we need Laidler, the guy is a very good player.

5 votes - Bryce Gibbs - Saved himself for the real stuff and boy did he play a ripper. Kudos to Bryce as I was harsh on him a few weeks back. I'd love to see that consistent anger and determination in his game but expecting it in the preseason was wrong of me and he proved it tonight.

4. Matthew Kreuzer -- outstanding work all night. Does any big man in the league work harder than he did tonight?

3. Paul Bower -- This is what I saw in Paul Bower when I was rapt with his preseason form. It's the little things that make a difference and he was looking likely a few weeks back. People are far too harsh on emu as he has become a favorite whipping boy. Great effort tonight. Health is the only thing stopping him.

2. Marc Murphy -- sublime over the last two and a half to three quarters. Was quiet early but was brilliant by the time all was said and done.

1. Lachie Henderson -- Under appreciated performance tonight. You didn't see his opponent in the areas of the field where he is most damaging. Played an enormous role in keeping Richmond to one forward fifty mark in the first two and a half quarters of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Murphy - brilliant.
4 Kreuzer - tireless second efforts.
3 Hampson - 3 goals, 3 points.
2 Carrazzo - stops them cold.
1 Armfield - the speed and the goal sense.

Oh so close: Yarran, Gibbs, Bower, Laidler, Henderson ..

Good first up win.

5. Matthew Kreuzer - his work ethic and ability to harrass and scrap is phenomenal for a guy his size
4. Bryce Gibbs - BOG any other night. Sensational game from him and showed just how versatile a player he is
3. Kade Simpson - heart and soul personified
2. Marc Murphy - sorry Juddy, you've been superseded :eek:
1. Andrew Carrazzo - another four or five could easily slot in here but Carrazzo just keeps on keeping on. People have been predicting he'd drop out of favour for years but here he is

Rookie: Lucas. Only had the quarter but did exactly what the role entailed - came on and had a game changing impact

5) Murphy: ultimate professional, slow start but blew Richmond away in the second half

4) krooooooz: geez we missed him in that semi last year, and I feel for the comp coz he is only going to get better

3) carrots: shut cotchin out and found heaps of it himself

2) Yazz: exciting and breath taking in full flight

1) whole Carlton backline: after coping it for weeks about our injuries down back, thought the effort was out standing, ok ok someone has to get the 1, laidler: from what he has had to do to get back in such a short time, thought he was as tough as nails down back tonight

Mentions to Gibbs Hampton armfield Lucas Simpson bower Henderson curnow

I haven't absorbed the game fully yet, so I'm reserving my votes. But I just wanted to say how good is it to have 42 voters so far and not a single vote for C Judd, despite a 44 point win.

For me, that's almost the best thing to come out of this game.

5 - Murphy
4 - Gibbs
3 - Armfield (had an awesome game tonight, really used his speed to advantage and skills were very good especially his left foot kicks, is going to have a good season)
2 - Henderson (really like what he brings to the team, very solid game)
1 - Kruzer (great running from the big fella tonight)

5 Kreuzer- Was everywhere. His second and thirds efforts were amazing.

4 Gibbs- Class whenever he got the ball.

3 Carrazzo- Got in there and won the ball even though his disposal let him down a few times.

2 Armfield- Ran hard, hit the contests hard and was very very handy tonight. I didnt have him in my best 22 but if he can play like this all season it would be a huge boost for us.

1 Yarran- Will be a superstar, that pretty much sums it up.

Wish I could give a vote to Hampson aswell, kicked 3 goals took some great marks and dished off another goal he could of gone back and slotted aswell. Need more of this from him this year.

Henderson did a fantastic job on Jack and I think clearly won that battle even though Jacks stats probably dont reflect that.

Well done to Bower aswell. I will put my hand up and say I wasn't confident of him holding down CHB but he did a great job tonight.

Best rookie- Ed curnow

5. Carrazzo
4. Gibbs
3. Curnow
2. Bower
1. Armfield

Tough to limit it to 5 after games like that - have to unnecessarily give special mentions to Kreuz, Yarran & Henderson.

Carrazzo & Bower for their pivotal roles, Gibbs for his class and consistency, Curnow for being the difference when the game was in the balance, and Armfield for several plays at important times.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP ROUND 1 - V Richmond - 2012 Carlton Board Player of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back