Shield Round 1: Western Australia vs Queensland, WACA, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we declare soon, given we're beyond the 100 overs and an outright win is always preferable. Or do we let Cooper go for his ton. If so, I would like to see him play it like a T20, fast runs.

Given that Queensland have a strong batting lineup & we are missing key bowlers I would say keep batting until they bowl us out and get as many runs as we can first innings. Gives us the chance to use more attacking fields and takes the pressure off the bowlers.

Given that Queensland have a strong batting lineup & we are missing key bowlers I would say keep batting until they bowl us out and get as many runs as we can first innings. Gives us the chance to use more attacking fields and takes the pressure off the bowlers.
Appears to be the plan. I always like to go for outright wins, we only have four days, but one big innings from Queensland and a draw is pretty much guaranteed at this point anyway.

Why do WA continue to play 35 year old chucker Cameron Gannon?
Because he performs?
When any of our blokes are inevitably injured or out of form (Paris, Morris, Haskett, Stobo this match) he comes in and generally does a great job.

Where does one find the second XI scores?

So Jhye bowled 10 overs for the game and was taken out of the game to be managed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 1: Western Australia vs Queensland, WACA, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back