Game Day Round 10, 2022: Hawks v Lions, UTAS 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiath is worth 5 goals a game but still can’t see us winning. Hope I’m wrong.

Gunstan and Bruest seem to be costing. Our defence has strength but leaks to many goals.

Our midfield is so shallow and disfunctinal. Other than the Essendon game we’re trying hard and playing an attacking game, but we’re nowhere near good enough.

Given Brisbane are a genuine premiership contender we will be up against it.

We'll keep them honest. If they drop their guard we have enough ability to make them pay.

Looking for more signs of what could be from the younger brigade. Kossie and Lewis causing them grief as a combo up forward. Newk, Moore, Day, CJ and Bramble to run and deliver.

Also hoping Butler can show us some glimpses of his talent after a rough debut last week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Moore plays up the ground more like we have seen in the last 2 weeks, I hope his disposal improves - could be a real weapon in that position but he isn't quiet there yet with his efficiency.

Can't wait to see the twin towers play together again.

Hopefully Jai gets some support.

Really keen to see how this one plays out.
Win, lose or draw we're still looking for progress from our list as a whole. I'm really keen to see:
  • Morrison playing closer to goal
  • Midfield mix getting mixed
  • Butler staying in the side and hopefully getting a little more opportunity
  • Day around the ground
  • Our defensive mix take on the best smalls in the game
  • Brocky be at the game
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a late change or two at this stage.

Their spine is completely decimated. No Daniher, McStay or Adams (with an underdone Hipwood rushed back after his reco). That's like us losing Lewis, Gunston and Frost. Add the strong recent record against them, the return of our best mid + most dynamic rebounder and we're a massive show.
You've convinced me. Hawks by lots.

eldorado to reply from the other thread. He trained just about the full session. Came off late as i was leaving complaining of his shoulder. Many players have done similar things with different injuries / soreness and got up to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back