Preview Round 18, 2024 : Hawks v Dockers, 1:45pm Sat 13th July, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope Ward is 300% better at disposal by foot this week, he was absolutely horrible for the first three quarters last week. But I only watched the game on TV, and always hard to tell, but it was clearly very slippery underfoot, particularly early on, and that may have contributed. Much better playing surface on Saturday.
good news if we win, still in the hunt.
good news if we lose, blokes like Scaife, Ryan and McCabe will get a crack at it at some stage over the last six weeks.

hope Ward is 300% better at disposal by foot this week, he was absolutely horrible for the first three quarters last week. But I only watched the game on TV, and always hard to tell, but it was clearly very slippery underfoot, particularly early on, and that may have contributed. Much better playing surface on Saturday.
good news if we win, still in the hunt.
good news if we lose, blokes like Scaife, Ryan and McCabe will get a crack at it at some stage over the last six weeks.
One game out of his 5-10 at VFL level was poor disposal wise. Definitely the exception to the rule, he is a great user of the footy, hand and foot. Will be key for him to just embrace it, have confidence and back in the work he’s done, don’t look back.

His game the week before was really good where he had 29 disposals 13 contested 10 inside 50s 8 clearances 9 tackles 6 score involvements @ 76% DE.

Win win game, Freo going well and if the win comes, hunt is on, as you said if it’s a loss, competitiveness required but gives opportunity if the race is done.

In regards to Ward, I'm backing him in. I went to the game & although his disposal was off, it was also evident that he was doing a lot of heavy lifting. Winning a lot of ball on his own & largely under pressure. With a bit of time, space & support, he could announce himself.

Last edited:
Would have personally rather Finn in ahead of Ward.

Think he's been the better of the two in VFL form and you just have to reward that.

I also liked Ward building into a solid centre square mid in the 2s. Hopefully he gets his chance.

Would have personally rather Finn in ahead of Ward.

Think he's been the better of the two in VFL form and you just have to reward that.

I also liked Ward building into a solid centre square mid in the 2s. Hopefully he gets his chance.
Read the write ups each week, they are rewarding the best performer.

Read the write ups each week, they are rewarding the best performer.

There isn't much splitting the three BHH amigos in Morrison, Finn and Ward.

I personally think Finn has been a juggernaut at VFL level but I trust the coaches.

One game out of his 5-10 at VFL level was poor disposal wise. Definitely the exception to the rule, he is a great user of the footy, hand and foot. Will be key for him to just embrace it, have confidence and back in the work he’s done, don’t look back.

His game the week before was really good where he had 29 disposals 13 contested 10 inside 50s 8 clearances 9 tackles 6 score involvements @ 76% DE.

Win win game, Freo going well and if the win comes, hunt is on, as you said if it’s a loss, competitiveness required but gives opportunity if the race is done.
Sam wants another mid at the coal face, looking forward to seeing how Ward has progressed. Great to have those 6-7 listed players at BHH knocking the door down. Good pressure on the starting 23 each week.

Can't help but hope this is the ultimate pay-off game for our years of playing in Tassie.

Form, ladder position, list maturity.. all points to a Dockers win...except this is in Tassie where we win 70% of the time.
We really need this one to keep the season going and set up a very winnable game against the Pies next week.

Just out of curiosity and for totally selfish reasons, why has Harry Morrison been named in the starting 18 for the last two weeks, only to become the sub. Named again this week in the starting 18.

Just out of curiosity and for totally selfish reasons, why has Harry Morrison been named in the starting 18 for the last two weeks, only to become the sub. Named again this week in the starting 18.

Simply because team sheets are largely meaningless these days. They're used to submit who your 23 are and that's about it. Sub can come from any on the 23, regardless of where they are named.

Most expect Morrison or Breust to be sub this week, but could also be Ward as the last man called up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just get some random staff member to put the team in like that, I remember hearing Sam wanted to just name the team in guernsey number order but was told it wouldn't be a good look

Heading to my very first ever Tassie game tomorrow. Couldn't be more excited. Go Hawkas.
welcome jurassic park GIF

Getting him to 100 games before trading him?

He's on 97 games.

Hawks have named a few starting on ground, only to see them become the sub.

If you look at his first season he was putting up decent numbers, distant second to Daicos from that draft in terms of midfield work - but from there he's been really unlucky imo. He had a few concussion issues early, and a lingering groin issue which really hindered him from being able to cement a spot in the side. Now he needs to try to find a spot around a relatively settled midfield group and he's having some trouble.

He'll still make it, just a bit of a slower burn.

Those concussions you mention were hugely impactful in a negative fashion.
Took the steam out of the kid for a while....

Can't help but hope this is the ultimate pay-off game for our years of playing in Tassie.

Form, ladder position, list maturity.. all points to a Dockers win...except this is in Tassie where we win 70% of the time.
We really need this one to keep the season going and set up a very winnable game against the Pies next week.
Actually form and list maturity are remarkably similar.

You mean... HAWKS BY PLENTY!! :)

I'm going to be watching this in NYC at 11:45 pm tonight (Friday night), through watchafl app. Can't wait!
I'm in Vienna and am hoping to find somewhere to watch it.

I'm in Vienna and am hoping to find somewhere to watch it.
There's an Aussie bar in Vienna. At least, there was a few years ago, hopefully it's still open.

Edit: looks like there's a few. I think the Crossfield's one is the one I went to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back