Preview Round 10, 2023 : Hawks v Eagles, UTAS 1:10pm, Sunday 21st May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley Reid Cup

We will spank West Coast as they are far worse than us at the moment.

The loser of this game is the bigger winner long term.

I’d love to see Mitch finally have the balls to drop Chad. Other changes would be Kozi & Morrison omitted
If you know it will annoy your audience to know that we will not be getting H Ried, maybe don’t say we will not be getting H Reid. Instead say, it is the Wizard Cup.

Yes we will spank West Coast.

A bit hard on Bramble (has gone greatly backwards in my estimation of him due to his disposal) … but he played OK against the Dees. Reward for effect I’d keep him.

He wasn't the worst, but if it's a choice between him, Ward or MacDonald then I'm choosing either of the latter two.

A bit hard on Bramble (has gone greatly backwards in my estimation of him due to his disposal) … but he played OK against the Dees. Reward for effect I’d keep him.
Was at the game so sometimes you don’t see everything but to me he seemed fumbly, a few decent kicks mixed in with some stinkers, and when asked to defend was an absolute liability. There was one point where he was on the back flank against ANB, someone from the dees chipped it to Neal-bullen and bramble had the perfect opportunity/position to spoil and he put in a piss weak effort which ended up a shot at goal, and it’s not like ANB is Stuey Loewe for god sake, it was just a really poor effort.

He wasn't the worst, but if it's a choice between him, Ward or MacDonald then I'm choosing either of the latter two.
I liked the way he shrugged a few tackles… and generally improved our position in play… but agreed McDonald gets the nod from his last game in the VFL. Ward as well on his body of work but not on his last game (I suspect he was rested given no VFL game this weekend).
Maybe the Sub role for Bramble Or to take H Morrison’s spot, who has Not been good for 2 weeks.

Was at the game so sometimes you don’t see everything but to me he seemed fumbly, a few decent kicks mixed in with some stinkers, and when asked to defend was an absolute liability. There was one point where he was on the back flank against ANB, someone from the dees chipped it to Neal-bullen and bramble had the perfect opportunity/position to spoil and he put in a piss weak effort which ended up a shot at goal, and it’s not like ANB is Stuey Loewe for god sake, it was just a really poor effort.

Bramble cannot defend a man at all. He has to play on the wing, or not at all.

I hear you ..and agree. Bramble is one thing: an offensive player… and I am not sure he can be defensive.

so…Sub?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well........ this is it really.

We've had some really poor moments this season as well as our share of promising/almost games where signs have been there.

Hasn't amounted to anything though in the W/L column.

WCE.. in Tassie.... if we don't win this one then legit we deserve the spoon. Simple as that.

Im going to be honest with you guys, i've never looked less forward to watch my team play than for the Harley Reid cup.

I don't say this lightly, but if we beat you guys in Tazzie with a bunch of guys who look like we plucked from my local football teams ressies side, then an investigation needs to be taken place. We have for the life of me i would say 1/2 of our team who will play next week who arent even good enough to play WAFL. I mean ffs if we win next week, the apocalypse is near.
you-will-lose-mean.gif

Ins: Reeves, Brockman both almost certain. I’d also love to see DGB and CMac - the future is now!

Outs: Kosi for Reeves - Kosi gave a solid effort, but needed to kick his goal. Back to BH.
Wingard for Brockman - saddens me to say this, but think he needs a spell. Hopefully he’s just carrying something and will freshen up

DGB for Blanck or CJ if either injured

CMac for CJ if injured. If not, for Bramble as sub. Don’t think we drop any of Moore, Breust or Morrison, especially if Wingard is out.

Im going to be honest with you guys, i've never looked less forward to watch my team play than for the Harley Reid cup.

I don't say this lightly, but if we beat you guys in Tazzie with a bunch of guys who look like we plucked from my local football teams ressies side, then an investigation needs to be taken place. We have for the life of me i would say 1/2 of our team who will play next week who arent even good enough to play WAFL. I mean ffs if we win next week, the apocalypse is near.

This sums up the game. We should win by 8 to 10 goals if playing seriously.

Out: Wingard, Kosi
In: One of the kids, Reeves

Im hoping Blanck gets over the cork and has another go, and Reeves was a niggle.

To replace Wingard its whoever has the highest Effort rating at BHH. Someone willing to just have a crack.

OUT
CJ + Blanck + Morrison

IN
Scrimshaw + Reeves + Ward
How does Wingard not get the arse he has been shocking for weeks now, surely he goes out for Brockman.

My ins and outs would be
Kosi for Reeves
Blanck for DGB
Wingard out for Brockman.
Morrison out for Ward or Morris.
CJ or Bramble out for Scrimshaw.
Assuming all the ins are passed fit.

Last edited:
We'll win this by 30+ but it means * all.

sad winnie the pooh GIF

Out- Wingard, Moore, Kosi, Morrison.
In - doesn’t matter. Just need those 4 omitted
Would love to see JOS or Bennetts gets crack at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back