Status
Not open for further replies.
So to clarify for those of us with Big Footy smarts,
NO FF,
No CHF,
No FB,
No CHB.
Spine is a bit light on.

Hawks By Plenty. ( no plagiarism intended Des.)

Gotta good feeling about this one bigmaxi!!!

Not surprised that Ward and Morrison have been dropped. One made some critical skill errors and the other had very little impact (according to my TV). Ward really needs to be more polished and certain with the ball. And Morrison needs to show some consistency. Nice to see Breust back in the team. He knows how to finish. And wouldn't it be nice if Serong and Mitchell could hold their spot in the team. They haven't been bad but hoping they can take their game up a notch or two. Certainly this is the time that opportunities abound for players.

So to clarify for those of us with Big Footy smarts,
NO FF,
No CHF,
No FB,
No CHB.
Spine is a bit light on.

Hawks By Plenty. ( no plagiarism intended Des.)
Has a touch of, “Apart from the shooting, Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?”. 😉

Am much less confident after seeing team selection. That backline will be seriously tested without Sicily and is a big ask relying on Dear as the second ruckman. Still, good to get Bruest back.

at this stage of their careers, Serong is a far better player than Phillips. Hopefully, he'll get better with our defensive system, but currently all at sea much of the time (despite a plethora of marks/possessions)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Lever (194cm) and Steven May (193cm) have been close to the best defensive unit in the game for quite some time. It's not just about height.

Thinking Dimma up forward to lend a bit of muscle and stop it from waltzing out with Mitchell back. Sarong 194 cms 85 kilos he’ll be fine.
Keen to watch Dear again my highlight from last week .
Go Hawks !

It, surely, ain't just about height. Even so, we're not asking 'Watto' to man up against these blokes ... though he did a pretty decent effort the other night against some big lug. There's team defence and many bodies at the ready, & don't we then have an advantage at ground level!?

I was really disappointed with Sam Darcy the other night, for example, 'cos with all his 210cms or thereabouts, he looked almost 'un-co' and certainly no great athlete.

Not surprised that Ward and Morrison have been dropped. One made some critical skill errors and the other had very little impact (according to my TV). Ward really needs to be more polished and certain with the ball. And Morrison needs to show some consistency. Nice to see Breust back in the team. He knows how to finish. And wouldn't it be nice if Serong and Mitchell could hold their spot in the team. They haven't been bad but hoping they can take their game up a notch or two. Certainly this is the time that opportunities abound for players.

Morrison may not be consistent, but the team always seems more consistent when he’s in.

Not sure how that works

Happy with the Serong pick, much rather him than Phillips. Not from an ability point of view, but from and age profile.
Phillips is on the list because Blancke went down who has his limitations. We’ve picked up Serong and developed him as a back, so let’s see what he’s got at this level.
More upside than playing Phillips for our rebuild.
I don’t think he did a lot wrong in his last game, deserves another crack before Phillips I reckon.
I’m not expecting him to be Sicily, if he keeps his man accountable I’m happy

Solid ins considering we’ve lost Sicily. Bruest adds forward power, Mitchell defensive nous and Seromg fills Sicily’s spot.
Disappointing to see Ward out, feels like he’s being treated poorly. Clearly an inside mid, yet doesn’t seem to be given those opportunities whereas McKenzie has been.
We’ll send him back to box hill, he’ll play inside mid and go well, then sturuggle when brought back in as a half forward/wing. Good user of the footy. Feels like he should be working to push Worpel out of the team.

Decent side. Saints will go in deserved favs, but if we bring the pressure like last week, we’re every chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back