Review Round 11, 2024 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Season over. Play the promising kids. Position ourselves to get Levi et.al. as cheaply as possible.

Start 2024 with Coleman and two Ashcrofts.

The window doesn't close yet, but to seize it we simply must have deep and meaningfuls with our 27+ brigade to find out who really has the desire to go deeper to the well and then climb the mountain again. If not, they can top up their super elsewhere.

Season over. Play the promising kids. Position ourselves to get Levi et.al. as cheaply as possible.

Have deep and meaningfuls with our 27+ brigade to find out who really has the desire to try and climb the mountain again. If not, they can top up their super elsewhere.
Yep, this.

In other news, Cam Rayner has just run on for his first minutes of the match.

In all seriousness, about all I learnt from this game, which hadn’t already been learnt from watching us all year is that Ryan trade is going to look far worse at the end of the year, given we are likely to finish far lower than we thought and I can’t see much future for him.

Now there is even less reason to try the same crap over n over with same default first 16-17 players. Hope coaching panel looks beyond their preferred team and tries something new for the rest of the season.

We don’t run hard enough. Reliant on talent more than work rate. Good on Lohmann, Morris & Daniher who gets hard done by the umpires every week.

Speaking of which, honestly sick of Cameron having a sook at all his teammates and he misses crucial set shots.

Rayner is another one that we are carrying and was the worst rated player for the team apart from subs. Penny will never drop for him and it’s time to look elsewhere for him.

Dunkley, Neale and Berry tried hard but not enough support from the rest of midfield. Lester and Andrews were solid as always but our midfield is where the blame is going to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie must get sick of busting his guts and others too lazy to even chase or tackle properly .

I don’t normally bag my team but that effort by some was very ordinary .

We have enough good players to win most weeks , there has to be effort though .

This season done already , so disappointing .

Players playing out of their skins only to sit on the pine for most of the game and yet we have other players who don’t deliver keep their spots
See ya fages
I’ll be watching the team sheet next week before I get to the Gabba
Oh yeah the following week
We lost our run and support today
Went for the long kicks instead
So much for the learnings
What a shite word anyway

The window doesn't close yet, but to seize it we simply must have deep and meaningfuls with our 27+ brigade to find out who really has the desire to go deeper to the well and then climb the mountain again. If not, they can top up their super elsewhere.

I think we already are playing the promising kids, which is perhaps a small part of the issue. Tipped inexperience.

In other news, Cam Rayner has just run on for his first minutes of the match.

In all seriousness, about all I learnt from this game, which hadn’t already been learnt from watching us all year is that Ryan trade is going to look far worse at the end of the year, given we are likely to finish far lower than we thought and I can’t see much future for him.
Was a mistake going for Gunston and the desperation to then bring in Ryan was just dumb. Should have some real rethink of our trading in the last two years

Our game plan hasn't evolved and we have no idea how to chase down a score in the last quarter.

No matter how desperate the game became, we showed hardly any desperation to go fast or change the way we play.

Pretty much what was being discussed in our group on Level 3. Perfect view up there of a game plan which didn’t change for an entire game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 11, 2024 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Back