Game Day Round 11: Gold Coast v Essendon, Wed 12th August, 7.10pm AEST, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad mistake by guelf not sticking like glue to Rankine , ran to support zek and if ball comes over the back he’s a gun , but Rankine gets easy goal , be part of the leanings , also normally a good kick at goal , lack of matches , he’s having a good game if it wasn’t for Rankine

Beauty..scratch match for Joey in 2 weeks. We should get him cherry ripe for his debut for swans.

I was just think that lol

How ****ed would it be if he comes back healthy just in time for the end of the season and then go to the swans

Gutless. Insipid.

Any chance of any of them playing in front?

every fall of ball it’s 4 v 1.

the most anti football team going around.

unfit and careless.

As for the coaching situation they would perform better coaching themselves.

I was just think that lol

How f’ed would it be if he comes back healthy just in time for the end of the season and then go to the swans
At least he’d get his trade value up.

Bad mistake by guelf not sticking like glue to Rankine , ran to support zek and if ball comes over the back he’s a gun , but Rankine gets easy goal , be part of the leanings , also normally a good kick at goal , lack of matches , he’s having a good game if it wasn’t for Rankine
He is most definitely not having a good game

There has been some improvement from them going into the 50 which is at least something.
McKenna might not be getting volume but he has forward nous. Hope he can stay there rest of the year.

McGrath at one stage went to blind hack kick and then changed his mind and made his own space, that was a welcome change.

Stewart good to get some rewards, it would have been a long 700 days or whatever it was so happy for him.
Yes that McGrath moment was the template for his future

when are we going to play a brand of football that stands up week in week out not flashy one week putrid the next? comes down to the cattle you have and sadly right now we don't have it. sick of the same old bullshit year after year after year. I have followed my Dons for over 30 years and the last 15 have been very average. something has to click for us to change things around or we will just float around mediocrity as we have for 15 seasons...totally sick of it..!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apart from the 4 GC goals he's responsible for, he is having a ripper

Our issues all stem from the forward line. Even with our lack at targets it’s appalling how little we lock the ball in once it hits the ground. You watch a number of our guys and they crumb to the side of packs or 1 m from the drop, where they’re rarely going to get it

Our issues stem from our inability to hit players up with a lead and to create space for uncontested marks around the ground. We are overhandballing it which has placed an overreliance on close contact footy (thereby increasing the liklihood of HTB against us or giving away frees) and a unfamiliarity on kicking without straddling the boubdary (thereby not being able to switch play accoss the ground without butchering a marking contest and causing cheap turn overs or frees that count as marks to the oppo).

Simple shit we fail to drive home to our players because our couch doesn't know how to stick it up to 'em. At least play good cop/bad cop ffs.

when are we going to play a brand of football that stands up week in week out not flashy one week putrid the next? comes down to the cattle you have and sadly right now we don't have it. sick of the same old bullshit year after year after year. I have followed my Dons for over 30 years and the last 15 have been very average. something has to click for us to change things around or we will just float around mediocrity as we have for 15 seasons...totally sick of it..!!!
I’d settle for flashy one week, trashy the next

It’s just all trash at the moment

Looking very lost. No confidence at all.

We are a parody of a once proud club.

The "We are Essington" thread and associated videos are The Truth. Aside from waves of anger when watching us play, I have equal amounts of embarrassment, even when we win. We seem to do everything we can to make playing good football, difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back