Preview Round 11 - Port Adelaide Power v Hawthorn Hawks, Adelaide Oval, Thursday 1st June 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
690964_thumb.jpg

Hawthorn.

Probably the greatest team of the past decade, with four premierships to their name to show for it, including three in a row between 2013-2015, including eliminating Port Adelaide in the 2014 Finals in a heartbreaking Prelim.

We inexplicably defeated Hawthorn, the reigning premiers in 2015, twice. Whilst losing to the two bottom teams in the same season. Epitomises Port Adelaide in recent years. The ANZAC Day fixture was almost a virtual repeat of the 2014 Elimination Final, where we thrashed Richmond in the first quarter, otherwise known as the Father's Day Massacre. That game is otherwise known as the ANZAC Day Massa......er, nevermind.

It's 2017, everything for Hawthorn has changed. The Hawks now sit 14th on the ladder. They've suffered humiliating losses to Gold Coast and St. Kilda. One year ago, this would've been a top 8 do-or-die clash. Now the Hawks are missing Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis, two valuable leadership players and now they have Ty Vickery, they don't fare so well.

Port should win this comfortably. Should. On paper anyway. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Prediction: Port by 35
Crowd: 40,420

And now, lets all enjoy the greatest moment of Port's preseason in 2017 (other than Eddy Bretts kicking five goals)
giphy.gif

Oh, and f**k Luke "Good Bloke" Hodge.
164675_5e2d5d7d40ea33d104e710f87a34ae9f.png

Last edited:

If there's one thing we are this year it's flat track bullies. Looking at where the Hawks sit on the ladder, we should win comfortably and the result to be beyond by quarter time. Bc that's what flat track bullies do!

Wingard confirmed to miss again. Shouldn't matter - we only need to turn up with the same intensity and effort that we've brought to every game so far in 2017, and it will be too much for Hawthorn without Rioli, Stratton, O'Meara and the stars who flew from the nest.

Need to watch out for...well, no-one really. Shaun Burgoyne? Jarryd Roughead?

Would like to see Eddy selected; maybe Monfries as well to fix our forward structure. It means Jacko goes into defence to take O'Brien or Vickery. I don't know who would drop out. Clurey maybe, but he's been good. Young for Gus makes sense.

Anyway, I think the Hawks will have more trouble than this poor fellow...
IMG_0052.GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going there to boo the umpires.
I'm going there to watch us smash the Hawks. Booing the umpires will just be a pleasureable by-product of that! :D

I will be there and the only game I've been to so far is the Carlton game.

Do you see where I am going with this?

Grind these See You Next Tuesdays into the ground.

It's such a pity that Cyril Cannoli won't be there to enjoy it.

690964_thumb.jpg

Hawthorn.

Probably the greatest team of the past decade, with four premierships to their name to show for it, including three in a row between 2013-2015, including eliminating Port Adelaide in the 2014 Finals in a heartbreaking Prelim.

We inexplicably defeated Hawthorn, the reigning premiers in 2015, twice. Whilst losing to the two bottom teams in the same season. Epitomises Port Adelaide in recent years. The ANZAC Day fixture was almost a virtual repeat of the 2014 Elimination Final, where we thrashed Richmond in the first quarter, otherwise known as the Father's Day Massacre. That game is otherwise known as the ANZAC Day Massa......er, nevermind.

It's 2017, everything for Hawthorn has changed. The Hawks now sit 14th on the ladder. They've suffered humiliating losses to Gold Coast and St. Kilda. One year ago, this would've been a top 8 do-or-die clash. Now the Hawks are missing Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis, two valuable leadership players and now they have Ty Vickery, they don't fare so well.

Port should win this comfortably. Should. On paper anyway. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Prediction: Port by 35
Crowd: 40,420

164675_5e2d5d7d40ea33d104e710f87a34ae9f.png

Oh, and f**k Luke "Good Bloke" Hodge.

Would love it if everyone decided not to boo Burgoyne and boo that piece of s*** instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 11 - Port Adelaide Power v Hawthorn Hawks, Adelaide Oval, Thursday 1st June 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back