Game Day Round 12, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Leppa standing there in the box pretending like there was something really interesting on that sheet of paper? It was almost sad

Leppa really can't stay for another year like this, if we produce footy like this and have these sorts of efforts and results, then a lot more kids will leave, rightfully so, and we will probably fold from lack of funds because the Lions will have no members. We can't keep playing like this

Left the stadium at half time. We play a zone defence which involves a player sitting 25m ahead of the ball, so the ball never gets kicked anywhere near him, while we are spotting the other team a player long. It's just dumb.

How the **** do we go from playing attacking football and hitting targets to absolutely getting shitted on by a team who is missing half of there senior players whilst we play at home. Tried to convince myself momentum had shifted for a period of time due to two pissweak free kicks by the umpires but afterwards I was cursing at my own team. Thank god we were rightfully booed, after our so called "professional footballers" forgot to turn up after qtr time. Honestly something is seriously wrong with us, we may be young but even we are so shit for a professional team.

How is it possible to get even worse than what we were? How does this team find ways to progressively be worse week in week out.

Brisbane Lions members and supporters are being treated like suckers by the Coach, the players and the Club. For all those who have excused Merretts ineptitude for years, time to admit it, he is a spud. Leppitsch has lost the players and has no idea how to coach. No excuses, he must be SACKED. This sort of performance is a disgrace. If you can find another club that is interested, trade Hanley and Rich, they are cheap touch artists who provide no onfield leadership. Rockliff maybe a fan favourite, but he just ain't that good. Staging for easy free kicks on the half back line is not what we need. What excuses will be trotted out after this debacle?

Seeing the captain of our team with ball in hand run into an opposition player and play for a 50... With the umpire yelling 'no get up' was really hard to watch.. Brown, voss even Adcock wouldn't have done such a thing... Especially after blasting Mathieson for paying for frees..

Tonight is a milestone for me. The thirsty time i have gone negative.
That quarter was absolutely horrid. I love team spirit but players patting each other on the head and back and clapping them off is hard to watch.

Get ur dhit together. Its a game and you need to crawl off. Run till u literally collapse. Where is ur pride?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am speechless. How can a group of young men possible consider anything they have done tonight acceptable? We are not even playing for pride!!

I just don't understand how 1-2 goals against us turns us over in a couple of minutes.... Sideways kicking, dropped effort, everything just goes pear shaped so bloody quickly. What the hell is the reason, it's infuriating especially when you see what we can do in the first 10-15 minutes of the game

So we have signed Bewick until the end of 2018....why???

Never goes and gets a hard ball, continually kicks cheaply up the wing and has not on shred of defence in his game. He is a front runner who drops his bundle when we start feeling the heat..

Flattest atmosphere. Air of resignation in the air. No one (all 10 of them) younger than 60 anywhere to be seen in my section.

There was more hope at a Sth Qld Crushers game.
Wife and I arrived a bit late today, about 15mins in to the first quarter. We were walking around the top tier to sec67, I've asked if there was actually a game on!?! No shops open, no staff, no supporters walking past, no opposition supporters, no sound from inside the stadium whatsoever.

Feels like a ghost town.

Have a feeling the couples on kiss cam are gonna score more than us this game :(

Left the stadium at half time. We play a zone defence which involves a player sitting 25m ahead of the ball, so the ball never gets kicked anywhere near him, while we are spotting the other team a player long. It's just dumb.
Exactly. There is a ring of 5 players 25m from the ball carrier. What do they hope to achieve by doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back