Prediction Round 12, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burgiel played forward this week and I have very rarely seen us debut a player into the back 6. Trew has more form than Culley. I'd love to see Culley again at the level but have no idea what his role would be, we have too many tall forwards to fit another one down there and he's too slow to be play as a small forward. No room for him in the middle either we can barely get Ginbey and Culley into centre bounces as it is.
Happy if we put Hunt in Withos role then and put Burgiel on a wing if we dont want a debutant in the backline. Just dont want to just bring in Trew and Culley who both provide no run and we have no small defenders pushing for a call up.
I am assuming Witho misses with that calf

Culley/Trew for Sheed at least doesnt slow us down any further, if he takes Sheeds CBAs theres at least some exposure for him.

Be interesting to see which Williams goes out when Flynn is ready. Bailey should get first shot at it all being fair but I think Jack is better value as the backup ruck/forward and will get better.
Thought Bailey had one of his worst games of the last two seasons tonight, always struggles against bigger ruckmen but he had no influence on the game whatsoever

Flynn could get 1 more week in the WAFL. Marshall isnt a physical ruckman like Obrien is, he plays like an extra midfielder. Bailey should theoretically be ok there.
Flynn surely has to be back for the North game though

Yeah id give Flynn one more week in the WAFL. Simmo gotta put some big boy pants on and make some proper changes. Need to remember its likely to be a wet game. Culley/Trew are musts and Edwards back in cos well who else. Hunt to move back into defense to replace Witho. Id probably give Maric a week off because it will be wet and kinda dont wanna overdo it

IN: Trew, Culley, Edwards
OUT: Maric, Sheed, Witho

Happy if we put Hunt in Withos role then and put Burgiel on a wing if we dont want a debutant in the backline. Just dont want to just bring in Trew and Culley who both provide no run and we have no small defenders pushing for a call up.
I am assuming Witho misses with that calf

Culley/Trew for Sheed at least doesnt slow us down any further, if he takes Sheeds CBAs theres at least some exposure for him.

I wouldn't be criticising the selection if we bring in Burgiel, Trew and Culley. Highly doubt Simmo has the stomach for a debutant, a guy returning from an acl, and a guy who's played 6 games all coming into a side that has been outworked in every part of the ground. We'll be lucky if it's not Witherden for Flynn really.

Hall who was named on extended bench this week. As said above. Put Hunt into Witho's role. Certainly can not afford 2 tall forwards on the bench in a wet game let alone any game. No doubt they have been trying to work out who has a future at WCE.
Yeah id give Flynn one more week in the WAFL. Simmo gotta put some big boy pants on and make some proper changes. Need to remember its likely to be a wet game. Culley/Trew are musts and Edwards back in cos well who else. Hunt to move back into defense to replace Witho. Id probably give Maric a week off because it will be wet and kinda dont wanna overdo it

IN: Trew, Culley, Edwards
OUT: Maric, Sheed, Witho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Trew, Dewar
Out: Sheed, Jones

Culley earned a crack but feel like him being sub is a waste of another game into his tank? HEdwards also worthy of selection but don't see a matchup for him + Gov + TB.
Another week, another campaigner putting the sub in their Ins.

Dewar is already in the team. They pick 5 bench players and the sub comes from that - not from the emergencies like they have in the past.

Long term with the plethora of talls, somethings gotta budge. When Flynn is back id begrudingly drop Jack Williams but id make sure we get a contract offer into him ASAP so he is aware he is here for the long term. Would legit give him 3 years. He has made it in my eyes

I think with Maric we gotta trial him in other spots. Maybe not this season but i really want to see him down back taking the place of Rotham

I wouldn't be criticising the selection if we bring in Burgiel, Trew and Culley. Highly doubt Simmo has the stomach for a debutant, a guy returning from an acl, and a guy who's played 6 games all coming into a side that has been outworked in every part of the ground. We'll be lucky if it's not Witherden for Flynn really.
Really hope we dont bring in a tall for a small, we are probably too tall in the front half as it is

Hasnt been training with the team, doesnt know the gameplan, etc.
At least a couple weeks in the WAFL to get to know the place imo, then consider him
I dont think the players we have know the game plan either.

In the end, Ruscoe can also rotate into the midfield and has earnt his spot. I feel like he is the more likely to make it in the AFL then Murdock who isnt the type of midfielder we need (a wing who wont let Sholl get 35 touches)

Long term with the plethora of talls, somethings gotta budge. When Flynn is back id begrudingly drop Jack Williams but id make sure we get a contract offer into him ASAP so he is aware he is here for the long term. Would legit give him 3 years. He has made it in my eyes

I think with Maric we gotta trial him in other spots. Maybe not this season but i really want to see him down back taking the place of Rotham
Do not forget Archer Reid also who will bang the door down sooner rather than later. Make no mistake some of these talls will be on the move end of season. Allen and Waterman are set for years ahead. How many do we need wasting away in WAFL? Would not be surprised if an Adelaide club come after Barnett once Flynn starts in the Ruck for us.

I bet Bailey Williams once dislodged from the ruck wont last in the fwd line long, so count him on the table. We also got Barnett and Livingstone who can also play 2nd Ruck/Fwd role.

Freo will be looking for a fwd to replace Taberner soon too. Maybe we can deal with them to get Erasmus?

Last edited:
Want to change our culture? Have to reward wafl performance - Trew has to play, Harry has to play, Maric needs to go back down and work on winning 1v1 contests, I’d give Flynn another week or two to build fitness purely because of how important he is.

Out: Sheed (permanently), Rotham (permanently), Maric
In: Trew, H Edwards, Culley

Would drop almost all our seniors and most of our coaching staff based on todays performance but youngsters can hold their head high, effort from Reid Ginbey chesser Jack Williams I though was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back