Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weeks people love Petch, other weeks people loathe him. What's the big deal? He's become the ultimate divisive player on this board.
Yeah, I just view him as role player depth. Didn't notice his absence, but quite happy for him to replace Brockman (who is also role player depth).

Why are people so intent on playing Archer Reid, he's a first year KPF why are we trying to rush him into the AFL. Let him build his confidence at Wafl level and allow him to dominate. We have a plethora of tall forwards to choose from besides him why rush his development like we have so many young KP players in the past.

Re: Archer

We should give the kid a taste, if his WAFL form warrants.

Getting some early exposure is a good thing IMO as long as the expectations are the same on both sides of the table. Archer gets to see what it's like at AFL level and it hopefully lights a fire under him to do the work on the track and in the gym to give himself and the club the best chance of seeing his best in the future.

Maybe we hold him back if we were in contention but our priority should be development of our youth and determining the viability of the players with some pre-seasons under their belts as to who has a future at the club.

Who are the key position players we have rushed in previously Rivoroo17? I can't think of too many young KPP we have put out at all?

Why are people so intent on playing Archer Reid, he's a first year KPF why are we trying to rush him into the AFL. Let him build his confidence at Wafl level and allow him to dominate. We have a plethora of tall forwards to choose from besides him why rush his development like we have so many young KP players in the past.

I don't think "intent to rush" is quite the right phrase to use. If Waterman was fit I doubt there'd be calls for him to get a game, but now it's late in the season, the opportunity is there due to injury and he's just played his best game in the WAFL to date - don't see my harm in considering the possibility. Then when Waterman is fit if he can go back to the WAFL. It's not like we're suggesting throwing a 17 year old into the ruck in round 1.

Some weeks people love Petch, other weeks people loathe him. What's the big deal? He's become the ultimate divisive player on this board.
Because he’s had 84 games to develop his consistency. I’m not sure there are any/many in the squad where the gap between their best and worst is so great.

Petro is occasionally brilliant, mostly is really average and too often just straight out poor.

Now we have some choice I’d rather be putting games into kids. If Petro is up to AFL standard then he’ll go back to the Beagles and be one of the best week in week out. Prove me wrong Jack, but no more free rides.

Re: Archer

We should give the kid a taste, if his WAFL form warrants.

Getting some early exposure is a good thing IMO as long as the expectations are the same on both sides of the table. Archer gets to see what it's like at AFL level and it hopefully lights a fire under him to do the work on the track and in the gym to give himself and the club the best chance of seeing his best in the future.

Maybe we hold him back if we were in contention but our priority should be development of our youth and determining the viability of the players with some pre-seasons under their belts as to who has a future at the club.

Who are the key position players we have rushed in previously Rivoroo17? I can't think of too many young KPP we have put out at all?

Allen was played as a backman on debut in his first year, Brander rushed into the forwardline after half a year in the club, Harry Edwards half a year got concussed on debut didn't play again that year, Bazzo played too early due to the injury crisis did okay but could've had another preseason Might be cherry picking with oscar, but in an ideal world we'd have let them develop more beforehand.

Sure it's probably the only chance he will get this year to debut with waterman out this week, but he's still so young, didn't have a preseason and has been injured most of the year. Give the kid some time to build consistent dominant form to ride into preseason on. Build that hunger he will be raring to go next year.

Last edited:
Allen was played as a backman on debut in his first year, Brander rushed into the forwardline after half a year in the club, Harry Edwards half a year got concussed on debut didn't play again that year, Bazzo played too early due to the injury crisis did okay but could've had another preseason Might be cherry picking with oscar, but in an ideal world we'd have let them develop more beforehand.

Sure it's probably the only chance he will get this year to debut with waterman out this week, but he's still so young, didn't have a preseason and has been injured most of the year. Give the kid some time to build consistent dominant form to ride into preseason on. Build that hunger he will be raring to go next year.
Nah! Play him now.We won’t expect a dominant performance. Just want to see a flash or two of brilliance then you can say “yep he’s got it”.
He’s 203cm he prides himself on pressure.This kid promises to be something. Give him a game alongside Harley/ Gibney etc and he gets a taste,it also solidifies his place with our up and coming youth pack.He will never leave us!!

What’s the over under on Petch doing his hammy again in the game or being an out next week with it again?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do you think he has the physical attributes to make it as a forward in the AFL? One game doesn’t change the fact he is crazy slow.
Yes but he’s way too slow for long stints in the middle. We’ve been torched for years repeatedly in the middle when playing slow mids like Priddis and Sheed, so I’d rather not do that again. He’s at least showed something up forward so give him another go up there, with small stints in the middle to see if he’s gotten any better.
If he doesn’t show anything in either position then he will probably be stuck in the wafl unless there’s injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt our season was going well until half time of the last game against st kilda. We lost the second half and the game, Reid got suspended, we lost again the following week at home to north and things kept spiralling.

Reid to come out this week with a point to prove and turn things back around.
nah the Crows game 100% killed our momentum this year

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lmao BOG petch. Fair go mate. Was this in 2021?
Something like that. Back when he scored 4 and had 20-odd against Saints, then went on a horrific injury run. His other game like that was in a similar loss. Looked elite in both but really missed out on development during those covid years + injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back