Game Day Round 12 Carlton v West Coast Game Day Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hindsight josh kennedy i think

Hindsight is 20/20.

I'm worried I agree though. 1 finals win in 5 years. No doubt a gun
In the first 4 years. We sold our future to try contend too early.

I love juddy heaps. Works so hard for the team.

Ill judge it in a year or two, but currently, navy blue glasses
Aside, it was the wrong thing to do.

Gave up 3 top 20's plus who know how many years of finishing
Bottom 8 (and therefore top10 picks).

I dont buy the 'what about all he brought to the club' crap.

One finals win. A losing record. Soft team mates ( even
Though his hardness can never be questioned). No premierships

Shite, I have loved watching him in the last few seasons, but the cost of that treat
Seems to be too high.

They drop Lucas cause hes not hard enough....Yet dont drop Joseph when everything he touches turns into gold....FOR THE OPPOSITION!

so now we have to win seven of our last 10 to make finals. after losing five of our last six. with Hawks and Pies coming up next.

oh boy how did it come to this?

that's a rhetorical question by the way. i know how. i've watched every minute of it.

the horror! the horror!

Is gibbs deserving of all this hate or is he just playing the way he is told by his coach?

Garlett is out of form but to say he is gutless is not true, he runs like a dog and trys to get into the game, he just can not get in it at this time.
Like Juddy he is the equal most out-of-form player in our team BUT I fear if you were to test Jeff and Yazz by putting them in Centre bounces they would never win first possession (something that we need two of Eddie for - we need him up forward but he reads Centre bounces well)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been a lot to like in the past two weeks, I don't think we're that far off string some wins together. Pies might be a tough one, but give us a big show against the Hawks, even though we haven't beaten them since 1955

What would you prefer?

It's still better than your usual rubbish and slant on things. And the rest of crap I'm reading about Judd and the rest.
Some honesty? It's about time guys like yourself wake up and face the facts. We play a few good quarters of footy and then revert to soft, lackluster mode late in the game. We don't want it.

FFS, how about having an impact when the game is hot.....

Keeps escaping criticism!

Awww jeez.

Why do you want to criticise Simpson. His role is to be the outside reciever, which means he relies on others to do their job. He has been tagged this year, making it even harder.

He's not soft, he chops out in defence and occassionally hits the centre square. What more do you want?

Yes Judd has won many games off his own boot for us, but it is clear that he has lost his hunger for the game. What he has delivered for much of this season is just not good enough for a captain & highly paid player.

Yes he gets tagged a lot, but so do many of the AFL's other damaging players. Most at least try & work their way away from the tag, but Judd no longer bothers. If he can't break the tag, go deep into the forward line & stay there, keeping his opponent out of the game. Don't lead your opponent to the ball & then stand back & watch him win the ball & set up an attack for his team.
The worrying thing is the tagging situation on Judd is no different to the past few years but even then in games like this he would go into overdrive and will his way to smashing his tags and have an impact.

Now, he gets beaten and...nothing happens. I don't want to sound like I'm bagging him because I honestly love the man, but I'm worried at what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back