Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge on SEN full of praise for Sam Darcy ''putting his body on the line'' in the Maynard incident, though he did say he was glad Maynard was OK!!

From my point of view, Darcy's hit was a gutless cheap shot. He is extremely lucky to get only two weeks and would have got 5-6 if Maynard was not made of concrete.

It's interesting the reaction from around the media to the incident, with most glossing over how late and high it was, and neglecting the fact that Sam is 6'10'' and 100kg-plus, not some scrawny kid.

Can you imagine the condemnation from those same commentators if the players were reversed .. and Maynard did that to Darcy?

Luke Hodge on SEN full of praise for Sam Darcy ''putting his body on the line'' in the Maynard incident, though he did say he was glad Maynard was OK!!

From my point of view, Darcy's hit was a gutless cheap shot. He is extremely lucky to get only two weeks and would have got 5-6 if Maynard was not made of concrete.

It's interesting the reaction from around the media to the incident, with most glossing over how late and high it was, and neglecting the fact that Sam is 6'10'' and 100kg-plus, not some scrawny kid.

Can you imagine the condemnation from those same commentators if the players were reversed .. and Maynard did that to Darcy?
With Caro leading the outrage

Another case of the result determines the extent of the penalty It was piss weak

It takes real courage to line defenceless players up a mile off and smash into their backs. Hodge was an expert at such bravery

He should have got off like Maynard did, as his hit on Brayshaw was a lot worse. The MRO have changed their rules since then though so it makes sense, unlucky to get two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He should have got off like Maynard did, as his hit on Brayshaw was a lot worse. The MRO have changed their rules since then though so it makes sense, unlucky to get two weeks.

His lucky he hit Maynard as Maynard is tough as nails. Anyone else and he'd have got more.

Delusional

At least Maynard didn't sneak up behind someone, like the coward Darcy. Like father, like son.

Bringing Jordy and Checkers back too early is gonna bite us on the arse hard.
Most of our results of late are due to the spirit of the side, Nick and some great coaching.

Even though Fly has done some really bewildering things of late, such as Allen's debut, playing Frampton and Markov up forward and subbing off JFN who despite having a shocker on the day is five times the player Sullivan and Bytel will ever be.
And for those playing at home, we don't park the bus in last quarters, just keep running out of puff due to so many inexperienced/not up to it players replacing our mainstays due to injuries.

Agree entirely. But it doesn’t mean they are a bad fitness and conditioning group or a bad coaching group as clearly they were best in the comp last year. Just like everyone they are not free of flaws.

I don’t like toying with a settled defence when clearly it had done so well whilst our other lines were getting depleted so I was against moving frampton and Markov forward before the game. A gamble that didn’t pay off.

It’s also clear that whether it’s out of necessity or because it’s our conditioning philosophy we are sending players back on the edge of fitness. Checkers and Jordy are prime examples of that and rewind a few weeks back and Jordy and Mitchell shouldn’t have played against Essendon, they look hampered. Gambles that didn’t pay off here too.

Let’s hope a slightly more conservative approach on both fronts will help us settle. Great to be innovators and trailblazers but there’s a limit.

Even more unlucky was being roped into father/son at an ordinary footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pathetic Maynards hit was a smoother that resulted in a mid air collisin your bloke jumps and bumps someone in the back of the head with no attempt at the ball and you want to compare them
Darcys was a cheap dog act and Maynards was a football action that resulted in an accident BIG difference

So he was "attempting to smother a kick" was he? Looked to me that it was a good old fashioned "make em earn it" and its hard to say its anything else when he runs from behind and jumps to slam into a blokes back when he's taking a mark.

At least AB saw Bruz coming...young Darcy's act was gutless and could have had severe implications. Lol @ "putting his body on the line"....the ball was nowhere near being in contest.

Don't know with Hodge, but with the others who commentated with him for years - it's their mate's son. He's going to be a commentator's golden boy for years to come.

Don't know with Hodge, but with the others who commentated with him for years - it's their mate's son. He's going to be a commentator's golden boy for years to come.
Spot on everyone is scared to call it what it is because they work with his old man even Bucks said Reid or Darcy’s acts weren’t dirty when in any other situation they would call it for what it is a weak cowards hit from behind Reid’s was just a bad tackle but Darcy’s was a dirty low act

Spot on everyone is scared to call it what it is because they work with his old man even Bucks said Reid or Darcy’s acts weren’t dirty when in any other situation they would call it for what it is a weak cowards hit from behind Reid’s was just a bad tackle but Darcy’s was a dirty low act
Hamish Brayshaw called it dirty. And even defended Bruz on radio today. 😮

Luke Hodge is a gutter rat I can’t stand the scumbag he’s a dirty mutt

Luke Hodge is a gutter rat he hates our club with a passion I can’t stand the POS he’s a dirty mutt the low life scumbag he’s one of the dumbest commentators I’ve ever heard speak

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back