Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he's not. He's just flavour of the month right now.
Once in a lifetime talk is pretty crazy. We've heard similar talks about Curnow, McKay, King x 2, Cameron, Daniher, & Lynch, all within the past 5+ years.

Darcy is no Franklin or Ablett Sr. IMO

Yeah, we got torn to shreds in the midfield for 1 quarter.

Considering the side we put out there, we were unbelievable for the most part.

I honestly couldn't believe what I watching in that first quarter should had 8 or 9 goals on the board at quarter time.

They were all gettable shots on goal for teh most part too. Not rush behinds.

Once in a lifetime talk is pretty crazy. We've heard similar talks about Curnow, McKay, King x 2, Cameron, Daniher, & Lynch, all within the past 5+ years.

Jez Cameron would be the closest to that generational forward.

He'd have kick 100 regularly in the 90s.

Just like any game, sometimes it's just not your day. But it can be someone else's. Plenty players have a poor GF. It happens.

His preparation, petulance and total lack of respect for his former coach, players and club is what irks people.

The old 'just not your day' doesn't work in this instance.

It was a case of 2 quarters:

Q1 - Pies dominate and kick 5.7 to the Dogs 3.2 (2 out of their arse mind you). We left 3 sitters out there.
Q4 - Dogs dominate and kick 5.1 to our 0.1 (Naics takes that chance and you never know).

Umps did all but kick the dogs first goal off the back of 2x dodgy 50m penalties.

I honestly couldn't believe what I watching in that first quarter should had 8 or 9 goals on the board at quarter time.

They were all gettable shots on goal for teh most part too. Not rush behinds.

Agreed. In general play, it was some of if not our best footy under the Fly regime. Had we been 7.3/8.2 at 1/4 time then the game is all but over.

Hopefully get a few troops back next week and maintain our form.

His preparation, petulance and total lack of respect for his former coach, players and club is what irks people.

The old 'just not your day' doesn't work in this instance.
Agree. I've always been one of Ginni's biggest fans, but he not only had a poor GF, he had a poor 2023 tbh.

I've been so disappointed in the way he's spoken about Fly & the club since he left. Completely unnecessary.

Not from me though. Darcy is 208cm and is only going to get stronger and better. Curnow and Cameron might be in the conversation but that's about it from that lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not from me though. Darcy is 208cm and is only going to get stronger and better. Curnow and Cameron might be in the conversation but that's about it from that lot.
Maybe, but we've seen plenty of rangy forwards come in and have 35-45 goal seasons before at young ages. He marks it really well at the high point and has nice skills, but I think we need to see more before appointing him 'once in a lifetime'. Especially alongside JUH & Naughton.

Just like any game, sometimes it's just not your day. But it can be someone else's. Plenty players have a poor GF. It happens.
Especially when you try and kick a straight forward drop punt around the corner.

He needs to be cleaner with both getting the ball and finishing at goal.
Hopefully the nerves diminish and the confidence grows outside the kicking yips that was probably his best game for us.

His effort is A+ including at times having to channel Blairy as the world's shortest KPF with our current injuries.

Having a crack at Ginnivan is fine but for all his flaws Ginni was clutch and very seldom wasted his chances in front of goal. Was also very clean when the ball was there to be won off the deck.
Ginnivan is clearly very immature and needed to learn work rate and looking like team sacrifice.
I really wasn’t having a go at ginni. Just pointing out his personality created a lot of love from the fans. Love hate at times but he was a big endearing character. Shultz is not that kind of person so people should stop expecting him to be.

I really wasn’t having a go at ginni. Just pointing out his personality created a lot of love from the fans. Love hate at times but he was a big endearing character. Shultz is not that kind of person so people should stop expecting him to be.
My love for Gin reached its zenith in 2022.

Slowly diminishing from the toilet cubicle to the pre Grand Final night at the races.

Now, I don’t miss him at all.

I found Schultz’ full-stretch smother against the Saints very endearing, personally.

On the Bulldogs Board, a Melbourne fan stated “I only wish Darcy hit Maynard harder” and the Melbourne Board saying they should start a Sam Darcy appreciation thread.

The crying demon fans should stfu from here on. F’n hypocrites.
Karma. Maybe Melbourne fans should be focusing on their own shit soft assed players rather than other teams!

They are delivering up one hell of a rank performance today. Lovely to watch.

Karma. Maybe Melbourne fans should be focusing on their own shit soft assed players rather than other teams!

They are delivering up one hell of a rank performance today. Lovely to watch.
The sad part is I’ll be disappointed if it’s not a 100+ point margin.

The sad part is I’ll be disappointed if it’s not a 100+ point margin.
Yeah, only 92 points. Melbourne really put the heat on the last 4 minutes to keep the margin respectable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back