Game Day Round 13 - Essendon v **** Carlton, MCG, Sunday 9/6/24, 7.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round13.jpg

Form Line.jpg

ESSENDON

Our form over the past month has not been good. We've been winning, but we've been struggling to do it.
It was only a matter of time before the wastefulness going inside 50 was going to cost us, and it was last week.
Compounding to that was what seemed to be our entire team completely forgetting how to kick for goal. Fix those two, we win that by 30 odd points.
Such a frustrating, annoying game.
Nik Cox popping up with three goals was nice to see, and he's really starting to fit into this side constantly.
Nick Hind had an absolutely worldie of a performance and was probably our best player on the night, becoming the personification of chaos ball. Thanks Dwayne.
I could keep writing about it, but I've genuinely removed it from my mind as this is our biggest test to date.
The biggest rival.
**** Gold Coast.
But, more importantly, **** Carlton.

GOLD COAST SUNS 14.7 91
def.
ESSENDON 11.14 80

BEST:
Merrett, Hind, Martin, Ridley, Heppell
GOALS: Cox 3, Wright, Menzie, Kelly, Jones, Hind, Guelfi, Durham, Caldwell

-----------

THE SCUM

I hate to say it, because I hate them so much, but Carlton played some of the best footy I've seen in a long time in the fourth quarter against Port to come away with a huge 6-goal win.
They kicked 8 goals in the final term to both double their goal count and absolutely crush Port under their collective heels, thanks in part to two huge goals from their skipper in Patrick Cripps.
They were completely wasteful in the first three quarters, but turned it around in part to huge games from Walsh and Newman.
Sam De Koning has quickly become first choice ruck as a more mobile option compared to Pittonet, and was huge against Port with 28 hitouts and 8 clearances.
I don't even want to write about these plebs anymore because I hate them so much.
They can grab a knife and fork and eat our collective arses.
**** Carlton.

PORT ADELAIDE 10.11 71
def. by
**** CARLTON 16.11 107

BEST:
Cripps, Curnow, De Koning, Newman, Walsh, Williams
GOALS: Curnow, Williams, McKay 3, Cripps 2, De Koning, Kemp, Cincotta, McGovern, Acres

LineUps.jpg

Round13.jpg

ESSENDON OUTS: Mason Redman (Hamstring), Nick Bryan (Omitted)
ESSENDON INS: Todd Goldstein, Will Setterfield

CARLTON OUTS: Orazio Fantasia (Injured. Lol)
CARLTON INS: Corey Durdin

Last Time.jpg

ROUND 13, 2023
MCG
11/5/2023

CARLTON 6.16 52
def. by
ESSENDON 13.8 86

---------

CARLTON GOALS: Curnow 2, Martin, McKay, Owies, Cincotta
ESSENDON GOALS: Wright 5, Menzie 2, Phillips, Merrett, Langford, Snelling, Guelfi, Caldwell

CARLTON BEST: Cerra, Walsh, Kennedy, Saad, Curnow
ESSENDON BEST: Martin, Ridley, Merrett, Hobbs, McGrath

----------

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

CARLTON OUTS:
Cerra, Docherty, Cottrell, Silvagni, Motlop, E. Curnow, Martin, Young, Dow
CARLTON INS: E. Hollands, O. Hollands, Williams, Newman, Cowan, Carroll, Durdin, Fogarty, Hewett

ESSENDON OUTS: Hobbs, Redman, Weideman, Snelling, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Draper, D'Ambrosio
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Goldstein, Gresham, Kelly, Jones, Tsatas, Setterfield, Cox

tip.jpg

Crazy to think these two powerhouse clubs are both finally entrenched in the Top 8 after wandering through the dark for so long. Even crazier to think we're going into this game in second place, without having to leave Melbourne until Round 24.

With a bye coming up, both teams will be going hell for leather to try and gain the ascendancy, and it will hopefully come down to an absolute cracker of a game. Going to run with my heart over my head here, and think that our boys can come away with a win. Either way, it'll be mighty close and a hell of a tussle.

Also, most importantly...
**** Carlton.

Essendon by 3.

Last edited:
Win it. Give it everything you got bombers. Won’t be easy but you can do it.

Dear Ummm... err... what's your name.. God!! I dont' ask for much, but if we beat Carlton today I promise to become a better human being.
You're already perfect to me.

I reckon late change…put Saad in a cab straight to the MCG…looks like he tore it up today in the Ressies…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon late change…put Saad in a cab straight to the MCG…looks like he tore it up today in the Ressies…
Rolled his ankle in the lasr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back