Review Round 13 - St. Kilda @ Marvel Stadium - 8th June 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Id prefer Benny A on the wing over Fiorini ever day of the week. He pretty much plays a wing role anyway, works harder than just about anyone on the whole list.
He was good last week playing the forward 50. Not too fussed about no changes, rosas can find some form first but still think he is an important piece to the side.

Had a look into what could happen this weekend out of curiosity and found something interesting. If we happen to secure a solid win over St Kilda on Saturday night (40+ point win) then we'll move into 5th on the ladder and a 50+ point win would see us enter the top 4. Even if we only get the 40 point win, Sydney then play Geelong the next day and will likely push their percentage below ours and we'd then move into 4th on the ladder. Then it'll just come down to whether Essendon can beat Carlton. If the Bombers win and those other two results occur then we'll finish the round inside the top 4. That would be a massive boost of confidence to everyone involved with the club to go into the bye knowing we're placed inside the top 4!

I hope the Vic Army are ready to go again this weekend. I feel like we started to see what's possible when our fans make noise during the Essendon game and hopefully our Vic Army can give them a boost this weekend as well.

Last edited:
Had a look into what could happen this weekend out of curiosity and found something interesting. If we happen to secure a solid win over St Kilda on Saturday night (40+ point win) then we'll move into 5th on the ladder and a 50+ point win would see us enter the top 8. Even if we only get the 40 point win, Sydney then play Geelong the next day and will likely push their percentage below ours and we'd then move into 4th on the ladder. Then it'll just come down to whether Essendon can beat Carlton. If the Bombers win and those other two results occur then we'll finish the round inside the top 4. That would be a massive boost of confidence to everyone involved with the club to go into the bye knowing we're placed inside the top 4!

I hope the Vic Army are ready to go again this weekend. I feel like we started to see what's possible when our fans make noise during the Essendon game and hopefully our Vic Army can give them a boost this weekend as well.
Slotting into top 4 before the bye would be a dream scenario

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t worry we are ready and rearing to go! The VIC army will bring the noise so much so that Fox Footy will mute us again no doubt.

I’m in Melbourne for this game. Does anyone know if the boys have a training run somewhere? Wouldn’t mind checking it out if possible.

Arguably the first away game this year where we aren’t going up against a top class midfield (Wbd, Syd, GWS, Bris, Carl). Absolutely no excuse for our midfield not to turn up, and if we see the same exact pattern today as the last 5 losses then you can put a line through us for the year.

Massive game for the group’s mindset heading into the bye.

GAME DAY!

National CH7 coverage for us in this one. This is really our chance to show that playing on the road isn't this massive issue that the media have implied it is and we can perform anywhere. I really think a win here could end up being a defining moment in our season because it sets the tone for expectations on the road in the second half of the season.

So much to play for tonight. The quickest we've ever reached 8 wins in our history was round 14, 2014 and we're obviously in round 13 right now so it could be argued that a win tonight means we're officially having our best season ever. Just hope the lads are up for the fight and I really, really want Ben King to put some distance between himself and Curnow on the Coleman leaderboard.

Let's f'n go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your enthusiasm folks about tonight you need to factor in that for us to win by one point we need to in reality be a minimum four goal better team to overcome the VFL umpires.

That’s why St Kilda are the favourites.
We have had the best rub of the green for umpires out of teams, all year. Can complain about lots of things but umpiring has not been one of them.

Good luck for tonight
We got them next week
So maybe a few dead legs or knees in the back would be of great assistance
Legally of course
Is rosas back yet?

Time to temper expectations. Yes, we played good teams on the road so far but we also played crap footy except GWS game, falling into heap during 1st quarter. Typical signs for young and inexperienced team. No difference this week, just check out teams.

Better not to read game thread.

Having saying all that, we got a shot :) Saints coming from Perth trip.

Out of curiosity, I had a look into the last time Dimma won a game at Marvel. It was an 86-point Richmond victory in R5 of the 2021 season and it was against... you guessed it - St Kilda. So although Dimma doesn't have the best coaching record at Marvel, he does have a good record against St Kilda at Marvel (3W 1L). Hopefully that's a good omen for us tonight.

Is rosas back yet?
Playing in the VFL right now. Suspect we'll see him back in the 1s after the bye.

Out of curiosity, I had a look into the last time Dimma won a game at Marvel. It was an 86-point Richmond victory in R5 of the 2021 season and it was against... you guessed it - St Kilda. So although Dimma doesn't have the best coaching record at Marvel, he does have a good record against St Kilda at Marvel (3W 1L). Hopefully that's a good omen for us tonight.

Playing in the VFL right now. Suspect we'll see him back in the 1s after the bye.
Not hard to have a good record when you're coaching a premiership winning list 😂

2 great coaches is gonna be a good watch, our first quaters have generally been poorer until dimma can make his tweaks. Hopefully tonight's our night to take advantage early in the game

Upset round
BUT
Is the upset us winning away from home for the first time in over a year or St Kilda beating us
In typical Suns fashion some journeyman midfat like Jack Higgins or Membrey will kick 9 and get added to the Little Spud Who Could Honor Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back