Preview Round 13 vs eagles Saturday 4:35 in WA after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’ve been here before - the afl are burning the midnight oil trying to work out how to not suspend him.

There’s been numerous times like Cotchin , hall , Dunkley , hamill getting off suspendable actions to play in granny’s
Let's see how they weasel their way out of this. If they are serious about head injuries this has to be 1-2 weeks. But he'll probably get a fine due to never being suspended or fined in previous years!

Can he still win the rising star award with a suspension?
No. And if he gets suspended, he'll get zero votes, so there's no "embarrassment". I already posted on the main board that Dusty Martin lost in his year after being suspended, and we should remember Corey McKernan got suspended for tripping by hand (which I think the next year was made a 50m penalty) and lost the rising star.

Corey's first three or four years were at a level I'd never seen a ruckman play before. He played ruck, had the mobility of a ruck-rover, and then could take contested marks up forward. He was better than Carey in 1996, and that's saying something. Good bloke too.

Last edited:
B: Dawson Corr McDonald
HB: Tucker Comben Fisher

C: McKercher Sheezel Ford

HF: Simpkin Teakle Curtis
F: Payne Larkey Zurhaar

R: Xerri Davies-Unacke Wardlaw

I: Greenwood Scott Powell Taylor

S: Stephenson

Last edited:
Am I the only North supporter piss...d off watching Mason Wood taking screamers, kicking clutch goals and dragging the Saints over the line?
If he did it with the frequency he should we'd have kept him. Still a rare occasion for him just like it was with us.

A few other fines. Perhaps a bit agitated. Must be a sign when real top 1 picks get agitated that their team isn’t playing the way they like. I wonder if he’ll take an extended family visit with the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reeks of a danger game for mine.

We have done so well losing by near 9 goals a week. And now we need to keep up the momentum.

I'm thinking Nuyon in , plays on Darling.
Long bombs to Pink.
Tommy seems sore to me, has a rest and bring Phillips in , like for like an all.
The 2 MSD boys, leave out they may befuddle our plans, as in they may actually be able to play.

It's rigged.

AFL aren't having their poster boy missing the Rising Star. Wilson wasn't concussed, Reid didn't know he'd released the ball, he's a good kid and was off balance himself blah blah blah.

Having said that, it's not a B&F award. It's for the season's most promising youngster and a week suspension doesn't preclude him from being that. Personally I think it's a week. But it shouldn't eliminate him from the award.

Free Corey McKernan.
Apparently, it’s not rigged after all. However, I bet that WC fans reckon it’s rigged. We would too - if it had happened to us. Fans be fans…

Jy instead of Laz is the only change I see happening. Ford will be sub again, I reckon. The bye break will have been good for Dawson the younger, while Dawson senior can get an extra run in VFL to knock out the cobwebs after missing a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back