Autopsy Round 14, 2022: St.Kilda v Essendon *SPUD'S GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Still to many passengers, to many underdone and to little intensity in the midfield. I’d love to see the midfield tackle stats because I suspect ours would be underwhelming. Desperately need Steele and DMac back for the intensity they bring. Have some of these guys we thought were best 22 been definitively passed by the “fringe” players we were missing tonight? Seems possible. Clark should of had another week in the vfl.

We won't do it but we need to get GT back to sort our forward line out, we're too stationary with us going to King every time.

Under GT we had Riewoldt, Kosi and the G Train rotating through the forward line as the marking target with Milney and Schneider crumbing.

Everyone knew their roles, no one knows their roles now, our forward line is a dog's breakfast, it's just kick it in there and hope for the best,

It took some Gresham brilliance to kick a few goals and he isn't even a forward, he's a midfielder our forwards only kicked a few goals between them.
GT long gone

Too long out of system no good to us now

we need more stones at the trade table and list management sense.

we should have done it with JB last year... decided retaining him was better (why i still dont know).

two i would mark for trade Hunter and Marshall, you can lose them and we'll be fine and we can, if we get it right, start to that into a winner for the next 5 seasons.

I'm not bothering with this s**t anymore. I thought the game was s**t on TV but you go and spend a couple hundred at the ground and see it up close. It doesn't excuse anything but our performance was s**t and the umpiring was s**t. Honestly cannot believe the state that this game has gotten itself into.
Before you go
0A34CEC3-6EC7-468D-826D-ECC73BB45AE1.jpeg

Level headed from Ratts, he can keep his cool more than most of us.

Video
Who is to say that's a good thing, the group just meandered about today, I had Essendon fans sitting infront of us who had won 3 games all year and going through a full club review taking the piss out of us. It felt like we were in the Richo years all over again. Did we think it was just going to happen for us? Is this another issue with our psychological state?

That’s season 4 me. Was at the game. Saw it unfold.

Made Essendon look like a finals contender.

Tough run home & won’t play finals football from here imo

This club does it every year.

Disgraceful
They might still make it

For some inexplicable reason they are just pathetic weak Kent’s against Essendon - don’t give up right now

Battle a tick

That's it.

Gresh tried later but was horrid in the first half

We don't look well coached.

And we can't kick.

Until we draft/trade in players who use the ball well we're f*cked. Same sh*t different day.

Because of our skills, if we're not well above the opposition with our effort, we don't get it done.... mostly.

I wasn't that surprised by this to be honest. There's been worrying signs. Tonight we were a shambles.

We're a dumb footy team.

we need more stones at the trade table and list management sense.

we should have done it with JB last year... decided retaining him was better (why i still dont know).

two i would mark for trade Hunter and Marshall, you can lose them and we'll be fine and we can, if we get it right, start to that into a winner for the next 5 seasons.
Marshall is a keeper. Don't play him injured - simple

Marshall is a keeper. Don't play him injured - simple
i'm not sold he ever will be a number 1 ruck. i think he's more a forward ruck and i think his forward craft isnt where you need it to be for that position.

i think we can do better.

i think we'd find a replacement for cheaper that would get us a similar output but whilst getting some currency in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him what he wants. The spine on him to go to Bali hahahah, our boys need a letter from mum to cross the road.
I'm over it. Just cuddle me Daddy and tell me that the world hasn't ended 😘

I'm not bothering with this s**t anymore. I thought the game was s**t on TV but you go and spend a couple hundred at the ground and see it up close. It doesn't excuse anything but our performance was s**t and the umpiring was s**t. Honestly cannot believe the state that this game has gotten itself into.
Can’t blame the umpiring for tonight.
We lost it all by ourselves.

Battle a tick

That's it.

Gresh tried later but was horrid in the first half

We don't look well coached.

And we can't kick.

Until we draft/trade in players who use the ball well we're f*cked. Same sh*t different day.

Because of our skills, if we're not well above the opposition with our effort, we don't get it done.... mostly.

I wasn't that surprised by this to be honest. There's been worrying signs. Tonight we were a shambles.

We're a dumb footy team.

They looked skilled because they work for each other. The run and spread to provide options. We stood still and waited for someone to do the hard work.

Who is to say that's a good thing, the group just meandered about today, I had Essendon fans sitting infront of us who had won 3 games all year and going through a full club review taking the piss out of us. It felt like we were in the Richo years all over again. Did we think it was just going to happen for us? Is this another issue with our psychological state?

Don’t mind him being even keeled in club media, he’s said it’s embarrassing and let Danny Frawley down, don’t need to go further than that I don’t think, no point giving the media ammo against us as well.

Can’t blame the umpiring for tonight.
We lost it all by ourselves.
Of course. Not for one second am I blaming anyone but ourselves. Clearly our worst performance all year, again we shit the bed in a big game despite the amount of deep breathing we do for the cameras between breaks.

BUT, the umpiring is a ****ing laugh and that was clear live at the ground. My god even frees that went against a supporters side were being laughed at. People just want a consistent and fair adjudication of the game. I didn't really care if Essendon got frees or we got frees if they were warranted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14, 2022: St.Kilda v Essendon *SPUD'S GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back