Review Round 14, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We're quickly reaching the stage where no one can do or say anything without offending the imbeciles.

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

On reflection. I reckon 35% of the centre bounces got recalled last night. Atrocious bouncing by the umpires.

The umpires do the same thing all the time, don't suddenly get that much worse.

Wonder if the review of acl injuries has led to the ground being softened/ watered more, and that is what is causing the bounce problems.

The umpires do the same thing all the time, don't suddenly get that much worse.

Wonder if the review of acl injuries has led to the ground being softened/ watered more, and that is what is causing the bounce problems.
Just watching the Swans v Adelaide game, hasn’t been anywhere near as many recalled.

Might be onto something with the second para.

Morris reminds me of Karnezis' first season. Bobbed up in the right spots inside 50 and kicked 17 goals in 10 games

Anyone know if LoganMisagun is available as a username?

Sure!

It's about time you gave up that PattyKwasagun moniker anyway.

Soooooo old;)

He really was a gun though.

For about 5 minutes.

These were the 5 minutes:

Morris was awesome and has so much potential, hope he has another few 3+goal games this year to really announce his arrival.

And hope he grows up to be Amartey from the Swans. 9 goals 1 tonight. Insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris reminds me of Karnezis' first season. Bobbed up in the right spots inside 50 and kicked 17 goals in 10 games

Hopefully the only thing that they have in common ...

I was wondering the same thing on your behalf ... hopefully LoganMwasagun never sees the light of day ...

One thing that wad noticeable to me was that Bruce often worked hard to space on the fat side only to be ignored.

On one a occasion we were coming out of deep D50 and he was in acres of space on the wing.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What I would to this would be that sometimes players stay wide to help spread the field out and create more space for others. Similar to basketball when you have stretch 4’s (point forwards who aren’t known to shoot but these ones can) hang out near the 3 point line, then the paint is far more open for layups etc.

I do agree with you though that it would be nice to see bruuuuuuuce get used more. He is a penetrating kick and every game is getting more confident and now looks like he won’t get dropped to the VFL bar injury or a horrific dip in form. Plus he’s now close too if not an 10 ten AFL wingman in the comp according to champion data (i know people roll their eyes at this but i do believe and trust some of their analytics).

Haven't watched a replay of it but at the ground thought he could be in trouble for it, 1 week maximum if at all.

Zero in the Dunks one, shouldn't have even been a free kick against IMO, Dunks looked well aware of a potential sling tackle unfolding and to my eyes he purposely cushioned the Saints players fall.

That was the point, I was being sarcastic...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another point on the umpiring, Nichols just guessed that Dunkley performed a 'dangerous tackle'. Very poor.
Same with the Cameron one. The Saints player jumped up to get the ball and if anything Charlie assisted in placing him on the ground because if Charlie didn’t touch him I guarantee the Saints player would’ve fallen to the ground a lot harder of his own accord. Dangerous tackle is a joke rule because it’s generally paid when a player lays a hard (and fair) tackle, it’s just that the AFL and umpires seem to think you can’t lay a crunching tackle so it’s graded as dangerous. More patheticness by the AFL.

That ankle tap by Butler should have got a week imo. I know it's a common thing to do in rugby but rarely if ever is it done when a player is trying to kick. Lester absolutely smashed his kicking leg into his other leg and it's an easy way to break a leg doing that.

It's as bad a sticking a leg out to trip imo.
It should automatically be 50 and is akin to a professional foul that should be duly penalised and immediately detrimental to the team in the moment, sure fine the player, but more should apply in the actual game. No brainer.

Back