Round 15 The Sydney Swans vs. The Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Round 15 The Sydney Swans vs. The Adelaide CrowsR

Jack will definitely be out and Tadgh should be on the chopping block.
TDL and Nipper presented a compelling case as to why they should play seniors. I'd like to see Parker come in.

My biggest point however is Everitt. Everitt's got to go. He's got to go have a run in reserves. Don't make him emergency, don't make him the substitution. Put him in a definite position in the reserves. Work out what his role in the team is before he starts plodding around the footy field aimlessly.

TDL didn't get in the best despite his nine goals. If Ted isn't fit then I reckon spangher may come in and free Lj to go forward. Cream puff everitt can keep the ressies' unbeaten record going. Nipper has been very impressive with his buzzing work around half forward I'm partial to giving him another game

In: If neither Richards and Johnson get up, no idea really.
Out: Jack and Everitt

Bring in a defensive player so Johnston can go forward? Obviously need another mid to replace Jack. Plus it allows Bolton, O'Keefe and McVeigh to keep going forward. So I'll leave it the reserve watchers as to who is more suited.

In: Spangher, Nipper, Parker
Out: Kennelly, Jack, Everitt
(Presuming Teddy's not fit)

Swap Johnston and Nipper around. One plays down back and let the other roam around the forward line. Spangher can add some height and Parker will be good in close. I worry about his pace however. Jack adds a lot of speed to our inside midfielders.

How did Jetta go in the reserves?
Hard to mark down any one player when they win by 188 points but I think it's as quiet as you can get for a victory of that margin.

In: Parker/Jetta, Richards

Out: Jack (inj.), Everitt

Forgot about AJ, apparently he should be back next week. They will prefer him to Spangher at this stage especially Crows don't have the power forwards that the Pies had tonight.

Forgot about AJ, apparently he should be back next week. They will prefer him to Spangher at this stage especially Crows don't have the power forwards that the Pies had tonight.
Very good point. He definitely deserves a spot in the swans 22.

In: AJ, Parker?
Out: Everitt, Jack

Johnston to the forward line.

B: Smith - LRT - Johnson
HB: Mattner - Grundy - Kennelly
C: Malceski - Kennedy - Hannebery
HF: McVeigh - Reid - O'Keefe
F: Johnston - White - McGlynn
R: Seaby - Goodes - Bolton
INT: Bird - Shaw - Parker - (Bevan as sub?)

If only we had a strong midfield, being able to leave guys like McVeigh and Bolton in the forward line would be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh Everitt has gotta go. I assume Jack will be gone too.

No idea how they will fit AJ and Teddy back in. They're automatic selections. LJ will have to go forward I guess and I guess it could allow Mal to play further up the ground if AJ were to play on a smaller forward.

Really hope Jesse and LJ are kept in the side.

Get rid of Everitt.

I'm a fan of Bevan's due to his reckless nature. Also a good kick at goal. Keep him in the side. Gives the side a morale boost, I would imagine. I'm not entirely sure where all the hate comes from.
Also, he's a premiership player. :D

Bevan is versatile. He can tag, go forward, defend and generally just create contest and bring in hardness that we'll miss with KJ's injury.

Super Ted is super important, so he needs to be in as well as AJ for KJ/Everitt. Bevan to sub so he can act like a bandaid and/or give a burst of attack.

Pls no changes to Jesse.

AJ will be back in, we missed him tonight, he had a calf strain, Longmire indicated that he wasn't prepared to risk it against Collngwood.

TDL must come in, as must Ted if he is fit.

Jesse stays because Mummy has to miss another week thanks to the MRP.

Out: Everitt, LJ, KJ (likely inj)
In: AJ, TDL, Richards

How's Rohan? We've been missing his spark...

Yep, i don't mind Bevan up forward, but TDL gives us a bit more in terms of goal kicking power. Seems to make good position for his marks/shots. His forward pressure and chase is useful as well. Him alongside Jessie, McGlynn and Reid IMO makes a more potent combination.

What's this I hear about Jesse injuring himself late in the 4th? LRT might get looked at for his 'hit' on Clokey's face but even if they cite him I think he will escape with less than 100 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 15 The Sydney Swans vs. The Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back