Review Round 15 vs Hawthorn Hawks @ The Bank - 25/06/23 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I am well off Rosas at the moment. Was hoping he would go to another level, but so far it’s the same old same old.

Not sure who replaces him long term. Our options are Sexton, Ace and maybe Tsitas. Then we have Hollands and Flanders as more forward/mids.
Tsitas is not remotely close to an AFL standard player. I'm flabbergasted he's even in the squad.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tsitas is not remotely close to an AFL standard player. I'm flabbergasted he's even in the squad.

I was more pointing out our seemingly complete lack of options for the position.

We just have not been able to fill the Rankine role, and it hurts us each week not having a small forward who can regularly kick goals.

Chance of rain i understand

Nerang Forecast​

Sunday 25 June​

Summary
sunny.png
Min 9Max 25Sunny.Chance of any rain: 0%
rain_0.gif

Gold Coast area​

Sunny. Light winds.
Sun protection recommended from 10:10 am to 1:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Rosas was worse absolutely terrible. 6 possessions not a single tackle

There is definitely something going on with the selections, thought Davies tried his guts out last week and Atkins has been good this season. They give Rosas games till he does something and ignore the plenty of ones he doesn't. Not sure Andrews (just yet) and Oea have AFL bodies and can get exposed in one on one contest. Guess they figures it's only Hawthorn , don't think they would choose this team v Collingwood

At the very least, Ellis and Weller back in should mean we at least have bodies standing somewhere near the wing areas when we get a turnover and look to clear it for a change.

Love me some Ace as well. Don’t know if he should be coming in, but I still believe it will click for him in that half-forward/wing role at some stage.

At the very least, Ellis and Weller back in should mean we at least have bodies standing somewhere near the wing areas when we get a turnover and look to clear it for a change.

Love me some Ace as well. Don’t know if he should be coming in, but I still believe it will click for him in that half-forward/wing role at some stage.

I honestly think Ace and Rosas should be competing for the same spot, and not both in.

Rosas was dreadful last week, should be dropped and Ace brought in. And both of them keep competing until one of them owns the spot… or we trade in a better alternative 🤷‍♂️

I like these changes, rewarding good form, Atkins definitely a bit stiff though.

Mac and Rosas I think are lucky they don't have a tall defender or small forward knocking on the door

There is definitely something going on with the selections, thought Davies tried his guts out last week and Atkins has been good this season. They give Rosas games till he does something and ignore the plenty of ones he doesn't. Not sure Andrews (just yet) and Oea have AFL bodies and can get exposed in one on one contest. Guess they figures it's only Hawthorn , don't think they would choose this team v Collingwood
Davies is a big body mid to play the on the Patrick Cripps type, yeah he tried, and I too liked the way he fought for the club, but Cripps had his best game for the year, so I don't think it's a bad call to drop him. Plus we just can't move the ball and he offers nothing in that regard. Fiorini is lucky imo, can only carry so many combative types that can't hit a target.

On Nokia C2 2nd Edition using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only assumed coaches think he is our third best defender (he is better than Graham at VFL level in the games I’ve seen them both play) and they think we need 3 talls against Hawks, who often go very tall.
Appreciate that he's on the nose a bit in these parts but from an external viewpoint I really rate him. Lovely hands and a good mover who reads the game well.

Ignore last week - if that was the test Witts, Swallow and Rowell would be kicking the dew off this week too!

Davies is a big body mid to play the on the Patrick Cripps type, yeah he tried, and I too liked the way he fought for the club, but Cripps had his best game for the year, so I don't think it's a bad call to drop him. Plus we just can't move the ball and he offers nothing in that regard. Fiorini is lucky imo, can only carry so many combative types that can't hit a target.

The biggest problem Davies will have is that he bullied juniors in the middle and now he is coming across skilled Bulls at AFL level. Actually though Tsitas would be worth another shot after kicking twoin his last game, Ace has only kicked two in 8 games

I like these changes, rewarding good form, Atkins definitely a bit stiff though.

Mac and Rosas I think are lucky they don't have a tall defender or small forward knocking on the door
Still think they should have taken a chance on a Max Pescud type as an small forward academy selection with so many rookie picks, reckon Budarick could play that role when he recovers

The biggest problem Davies will have is that he bullied juniors in the middle and now he is coming across skilled Bulls at AFL level. Actually though Tsitas would be worth another shot after kicking twoin his last game, Ace has only kicked two in 8 games
Still rate Davies, don't get me wrong, but like you say he's up against the best of the best and he is still only 21 so he will get a lot stronger. Tsitas isn't a small forward, he come on as a fresh sub and got out the back with power running (one of his strengths). I don't rate Ace, Rosas has been a big bowl of meh, we desperately need a small forward who loves a goal, even Ainsworth is a more high half fwd, you wouldn't exactly call him dangerous inside 50.

Watson would be the dream but agree that it's extremely unlikely. Not much around, liam Ryan maybe? Gresham isn't setting it alight at the moment, dusty would add something but at what price? Ginnivan sounds gettable but massive tool. Higgins would be good but sounds like he stays at Saints.

I was more pointing out our seemingly complete lack of options for the position.

We just have not been able to fill the Rankine role, and it hurts us each week not having a small forward who can regularly kick goals.
Rankine is not replaceable and no-one has even given the barest hint they can step up to cover him

I've got a good feeling about this

I missed a home game against Hawthorn in 2017 due to needing to be at a State Comp Event.

We'd just been pantsed the week before and it was looking pretty gloomy, Low and behold we ended up flogging them by 86 points.

We'll guess who can't make it today due to another event...

MANIFEST THIS WIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 15 vs Hawthorn Hawks @ The Bank - 25/06/23 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back