Autopsy Round 8 vs Melbourne @ The Bank - 06/05/23 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring was s***house but that was such an awesome game to watch. It shows when they want to play they can take it up to anyone. Powell and Anderson are absolute weapons

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weird to say but I think I enjoyed that as a spectacle more than any game in memory. Yes the close Richmond win was amazing but this felt like finals footy to me. It was a deadset brutal game of footy between two cracking sides. Wasn't a case of one side not showing up or anything just absolute chaotic, hard footy.

Really think this period without Touk is showing the younger guys, Rowell, Anderson and so on that they can be the top dogs and will hold them in great stead when he returns. Our midfield is starting to be scary good. I really love the midfield mix of Miller, Rowell, Anderson and if Davies/Humphreys can support that it adds another dynamic of two big powerful mids too.

Really think this period without Touk is showing the younger guys, Rowell, Anderson and so on that they can be the top dogs and will hold them in great stead when he returns. Our midfield is starting to be scary good. I really love the midfield mix of Miller, Rowell, Anderson and if Davies/Humphreys can support that it adds another dynamic of two big powerful mids too.
Similar situation to when Gaz went down.
Boys had to work it out without Touk and did a great job

Complete contrast though in a way, we fell apart after Gaz went down. These boys are rising. Stark contrast.

Except the boys didn’t work it out without Gaz, unfortunately, and it took the club half a decade to semi-recover.

This midfield is much better. Full of young guns who actually deliver.

Just so glad we finally found that powerful tall mid who bursts away from stoppages, gains metres and has skill/kicks goals in Noah Anderson. We might have found the best one of all too. Such a weapon. He has that Pendles time and space with 3x the burst pace.

Just so glad we finally found that powerful tall mid who bursts away from stoppages, gains metres and has skill/kicks goals in Noah Anderson. We might have found the best one of all too. Such a weapon. He has that Pendles time and space with 3x the burst pace.

Every time he gets the ball you think
“Ruh ro- we’re trapped Scooby!”
But then a handball or a weave into open space and delivery to a good option
I just loved how the team played as a team yesterday
For the first time we’re seeing a Suns team not individuals doing their best but not doing the collective mates thing
Was kind of awesome

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure how loud it was on the TV but at the ground it was huge. I think every Suns fan was yelling for the majority of the quarter.
I think we rattled the umps with our noise.
As I said earlier in the thread, win (or play like last night) and the crowds will come and "The Bank" will become a fortress.
Can't wait
I think you’re absolutely correct. If the club plays like last night, the crowds will come for sure, I still think there’s a bit of scepticism and miss trust within a long serving ☀️ members and the casual fan as to whether the improvement is real and sustained, frankly, I don’t think anybody can blame them.

Personally what I’ve seen in the last couple of games where the boys are for the most part presenting as an option and more often than not the player with the ball is hitting them along with the bang crash style of footy we already play. I am hoping that we have truly turned the corner, I’m excited

Rowell is just a monster. No comparison. Very unique player who can have huge influence in the midfield with 20 touches. Quite rare.

Saw Gawn do his usual gutless drive the smaller player into the ground thing and lie on top of him at one point and you could see Buzz’s face was like
“There’s a bug on my back”

I think you’re absolutely correct. If the club plays like last night, the crowds will come for sure, I still think there’s a bit of scepticism and miss trust within a long serving members and the casual fan as to whether the improvement is real and sustained, frankly, I don’t think anybody can blame them.

Personally what I’ve seen in the last couple of games where the boys are for the most part presenting as an option and more often than not the player with the ball is hitting them along with the bang crash style of footy we already play. I am hoping that we have truly turned the corner, I’m excited
Think some of us stalwarts are a bit exhausted from the journey too. Getting in and out of that nightmare stadium situation after getting belted and disappointed for years with constant shit time slots is just tiring. I would have been there if not for my neck injury flaring up again but I definitely have watched a couple at home just because of the time slots and being pretty worn. Won't miss a game on the telly ever though.

I think you’re absolutely correct. If the club plays like last night, the crowds will come for sure, I still think there’s a bit of scepticism and miss trust within a long serving ️ members and the casual fan as to whether the improvement is real and sustained, frankly, I don’t think anybody can blame them.

My long suffering 16yo said it was the best atmosphere ever- and he’s been going since he was 3
We were louder than the oppo fans for once
Real passion
Nothing like righteous rage at a team full of precious insufferable entitled pricks being abetted by a cohort of incompetent mucus gobs to get the blood boiling!!!

Last edited:
My long suffering 16yo said it was the best atmosphere ever- and he’s been going since he was 3
Real passion
Nothing like righteous rage at a team full of precious entitled pricks being abetted by a cohort of incompetent mucus gobs to get the blood boiling!!!

In the first quarter I could hear the oppo and thought "here we go again, outnumbered by the opposition"
Then we started to get behind the boys and away we went

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real passion
Nothing like righteous rage at a team full of precious entitled pricks being abetted by a cohort of incompetent mucus gobs to get the blood boiling!!!

Couldn’t have said it better myself, woke up still seething at those incompetent green w***ers. The atmosphere at the game my goodness it was deafening and for once we were louder than the opposition completely agree.

In the first quarter I could hear the oppo and thought "here we go again, outnumbered by the opposition"
Then we started to get behind the boys and away we went

Yeah
Was really quiet first up like we were just sitting waiting for the inevitable
They were on hard in that first 10 minutes too- could have been 4 goals up
Then when the boys were actually digging in the fans really fired up

Yeah
Was really quiet first up like we were just sitting waiting for the inevitable
They were on hard in that first 10 minutes too- could have been 4 goals up
Then when the boys were actually digging in the fans really fired up

That’s the whole point, if they give us effort and try their best that’s when the fans will fire up and make noise!

^^^^^
This
We want to love this Club and now they’re giving us a reason to
BTW I thought Dewy handled the umpiring questions in the presser really well
You could see he was raging underneath
The covered mouth laughing was as good as saying what should have been said

This is the reality: umpiring did cost us the game! In the last 4 minutes we should’ve had two set shots for goal.

The first was swallow being tackled/being taken out of the marking contest/having his arm held and being thrown to the ground by Rivers which impeded his ability to contend for the mark.

The second was Chol being two handed shoved out of the marking contest by Gawn which took him out of the contest and didn’t allow him to compete for the ball. We saw this paid last week when it happened to King and the free kick was awarded.

If these two CLEAR free kicks were paid and they were blatantly obvious then we win the game plain and simple.

Big difference between Touk and Gaz though
Gaz felt he had to be everything everywhere all at once
I used to watch our players regularly burn the better option to feed Gaz
Touk is a team man who wants to involve other players and I guess more importantly trusts them
He’d be angrier at a player for using him if there was a better play
Also
I’m just delighted guys like Rat,Berry ,and even Alex Davies can come in and step up
I’m convinced moving to the VFL is the single most important thing the AFL has done for us in the past 10 years that has made a difference to our future
There was such a gap between NEAFL and AFL

Of course twig boy Damien Barrett had a sook because Suns lost a close game

And Sunday footy show spent 30 seconds on the game and didn't mention the dodgy umpiring of course

Of course twig boy Damien Barrett had a sook because Suns lost a close game

And Sunday footy show spent 30 seconds on the game and didn't mention the dodgy umpiring of course

He’s an AFL employee
Blaming umpiring for a loss is verboten
He had a free shot in the Collingwood Adelaide game because Collingwood ended up getting over the line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back