Game Day Round 16, 2018 - Swans vs. Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that. Rampe can have off days look at last week against Jack R. Although Jack R beat every opponent he had. Danger played the same way against Rampe in the final last year, he was unbeatable. although I thought we had a lack of options in defence as we were far too short we did have the option to change Rampe and didn't. I thought that a huge mistake. Either Smithy or Swampy I believe would be good on Danger because of the way they defend and the way he plays. Swampy is not playing so the only other option is Smithy. I wonder if Jones could play him? He's certainly fast enough but is he strong enough? Anyway coming up with options is always a good thing.

Is Marsh Swampy? He'd be a decent match on Danger (with a bit of AA in the hole).

Sellwood might go to Hanners.....a win for us! I think you might over rate the Cats. Danger will need a team defence, if we go one out with him we will lose for sure. Unlike Reiwoldt last week, we need someone to play in the space ahead of him to block his run. We gave Jack an armchair ride last week. The cats rely on too few for mine, something we too can be accused of and this makes the game arealtoss of the coin. jPK is in a vein of form that should guarantee good use out of the middle and the Cats ruck stocks are still very questionable. First use will dictate this one. Big night for Sinkers coming up.

Scott Selwood generally gets Parker. Cats don't tag Kennedy at all as they generally think he'll get ball no matter who goes to him. Generally he and Joel Selwood go head to head. When Caddy was there Scott tried using him as a tag to Kennedy but that never worked. I'd say Hannas and Gablett will go head to head. I don't know if Hannas is up for it but I'd suggest he or someone else smash Ablett early. He is definitely playing wide due to his fear of getting injured. He has only had two matches this year where he has done any under work and the last one he was sore. So hit him hard and watch him wilt.

They bat pretty deep in the mids now with Duncan and Murdoch actually stepping up not to mention Kelly. We are a little damaged in the mids and I don't know how long we can afford to play Kizza there. Maybe we need to stick Ronke in there instead if Kizza is too slow and not up to it. Towers and Robbo will help and Foxy too. But I think Foxy will play forward. He will be an alternative leading forward. He played that role really well early. Our backs look more balanced with Aliir there. I think Rampe is too short for a key back with all the new interpretations and Arseson's coffee date with Gil The Gullible has caused no end of problems for us due to umpiring interpretations since.

As I said in other thread, we won't win tonight. Cats strengthened by Scott Selwood who will shut someone down & we are weakened by Heeney out which reduces our X factor. Buddy to once again be held to minimal output because he seems unable to roam further up the ground, 3 shots at goal at most.
We'll struggle to impact the scoreboard. A very disappointing night ahead folks.
Swans 60-69 points
Cats 85-100 points
Cats to beat us by 25 points.

Reverse jinx?

We got this easy 40 points plus Sydney

Think there midfield is were they will win it

Much more depth and class than ours atm

Duncan
Kelly
Selwoods
Danger at times
Ablett

There are also the number 1 defencive team in the comp and if we bomb away good luck luck

Like last week I think we will struggle to kick 10 goals plus

Duncan is average
kelly is ok but raw
selwood J is good but plays for frees and is a disgrace
the other selwood lol come off it
danger seems forward a lot
ablett is a defensive liability

load up on sydney tonight

Duncan is average
kelly is ok but raw
selwood J is good but plays for frees and is a disgrace
the other selwood lol come off it
danger seems forward a lot
ablett is a defensive liability

are you sure that you aren't a closet Hawthorn supporter ?

the bald guy?

Kelly. He's a bonafide gun.

Unfortunate for us that Parsons isn't still in your side, but we counted that by taking Rohan out, so lets call that the ultimate nil all draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you sure that you aren't a closet Hawthorn supporter ?

No just realistic

We should thump the cats at the SCG

If we dont its a poor result

Punts we will kick close to 100 tonight, trust me.

The forward line already looks better with Fox in the side, Ronke helps, and Towers. We have multiple avenues for goal.

What worries me is Hanners and his world record turnovers every week.

Punts we will kick close to 100 tonight, trust me.

The forward line already looks better with Fox in the side, Ronke helps, and Towers. We have multiple avenues for goal.

What worries me is Hanners and his world record turnovers every week.
It’s not the forwardline that is the worry

Watch our entries

Duncan would be our 3rd best mid after josh and Parker tonight

Very true

Still think there midfield is better

Will we kick over 12 goals?[/QUOTE]

Buddy will kick 7

Unfortunately the Geelong Octopus, 'Scooter' Selwood with hold Kennedy at every contest and our imperious coach will allow the Cats to strangle us for 2 quarters of footy were we either kick 0 or 1 goals in those quarters and the Cats will pull out their 1 of 20 games were they dominate through the midfield with >65 entries into F50 against us.

Can see us losing easily, but as usually, we were close, but kick poorly, free kicks to the Cats, keeping 7 defenders, and not enough effort from Longmire.

Jack and DH are giving us nothing so 22 on 20. I can't believe how DH is travelling so badly.

I can. His body is battered and bruised. He got shirt-fronted his second game back and I don't think he has recovered. He always takes about three games after injury but this time he has taken longer. I believe a good rest is in order. The injury might have healed to a point but he is still carrying that shoulder and he doesn't seem to be able to run full pace, not even three quarter. I think he needs to go out and get the shoulder operated on again. If it is the ligaments then that is problematic in that they can tear over and over again and may never really heal. Sometimes you can be lucky and they heal nicely but you have to give them the right amount of rest and he hasn't.

Obviously didn’t watch the Richmond game
Hanners wasn’t the only one

He was the worst culprit. We are never going to be a fantastic kicking side right now but we'll be fine. Our kicking is fine, if we have Florent, McVeigh, Lloyd, etc delivering it. The issue is when Hanners, Parker deliver it. Both are poor kicks.

7 goal last and heroic efforts from JPK doesn’t happen every week

We had kicked 5 goals up until 3q time
We were all over them in the 1st but couldn’t make the most of it. Even the 2nd & 3rd we weren’t beaten except on the board. We made some dumb errors in those quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back