Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Two goal 2nd half.

8 goals for the game.

Horrendous kicking and decision-making yet again (same for years).

I have no idea why a coach who says he’s not interested in skills, only effort, and has been a notoriously defensive coach since he started in the industry has nothing to do with it and it is just “the list”.

Let’s all forget about the rubbish we just watched and tune in for his press conference.

What will the excuse be this week? He had stats showing we weren't such a bad watch a few weeks back, been whinging about academies… most of our fans will lap it up.

Our President knows this dreadful decision to get a past-it coach back and let him hire every bloody person at the club is back-firing. Hence his propaganda interview during the week.

He has to go for this decision. Will set the club back a decade and likely fold us.

No club can survive not scoring or entertaining in modern pro sport

Trusting Ross with a rebuild? Absolute suicide.

Just another week following Ross Lyon FC.

Thought JWeb was our best today, Wood a close second.

Sport has become a joke, HTB now as confusing as ever, decisions going one way at one minute then the other way the next. Umpiring at an abysmal low.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely Marshall and Sinclair?

Been firmly in the King has shit delivery brigade for a while, but that was atrocious. Didn't offer nearly enough. Too expensive to only perform when the team is already on top, you pay big dollars for players who perform when the rest of the team is not.

5 metres behind every contest, pushed around too much for the marquee forward who elects to wrestle over leading.

The midfield being criticised for King not being AFL standard sounds silly when you type it on a forum.

He's been a liability for a long time, is mentally soft.

We have the biggest bunch of peahearts, brain dead, feel sorry for themselves mamma boys I have ever seen.

I hate losing to teams that are shit. No dramas with losing to the lions but Port we’re shit.

Saints are shitter. Just when u think we couldn’t **** it up anymore just keep watching.

I could name a minimum of 10 plays where we should have got a goal and we totally butchered it.

I hate supporting this shit week in week out.

****ing lift!!!!

I think we should keep Battle and trade Max King to GC.
At this moment in time Battle would be the greater loss.
Hopefully get their 2 first round picks. Or trade him for one of their mids

They have more stars….we have better soldiers. I maintain we have the basis of a good team. Just need that cream, and we’ll win those games.
Finally some sense
Good result for us we need talent not wins that don’t mean much
Our kids are ok - Owens n Windy aren’t stars but solid we need to know that
NAS is star material
Draft time

Getting a bit sick of watching our woeful midfield who can barely bend over to get a loose ball, and run like they have concrete boots. King and Owens are passengers in the forward half.
Those think we should play better really need to recognise we have the worst midfield in AFL, as someone said, basically bring a knife to a gun fight..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that's me for the year, gents.

Marvel had all the atmosphere of a freezing cemetery, and life's too short to watch something I frankly am not enjoying anymore. Our game style is just an eyesore.

On the plus side, Willkie kept showing his composure and class. He must be our Captain next year.

I'm afraid I just can't watch Jack Higgins have another brain explosion, or Max King waste his talent. These two have had enough chances. Move them on.

This is an entertainment business, and our club is just not an offering that will get bums on seats. Another dismal attendance, and more red ink all over the balance sheet.

We're in deep, deep, shit, and anyone who can't see this is double fisting Kool Aid.

Enjoy summer, and pray we find something miraculous in the draft.

Neither team deserved to win that game. Port tried their hardest to lose the game even with their midfield dominance they couldnt kick away.

Saints are a shell of last years side, the entire club are in a rut at present. Surely the coaches are responsible for their players form. Lyon and his coaching group are having a terrible year in that regard. There are so many players out of form its ridiculous.

Again our defence kept us in the game but we might as well finish last if that is what we are relying on.

Terrible game to watch and it looks like our blokes dont think much more of playing in it either.

Ps If the club think they are better off without Battle then we are completely farked. If they want to trade someone get rid of King he is an absolute punce who must be so deflating to play with.

It's alright we'll lose Battle and Howard, sell Paton and lose Webster in the next 12 month. Punish the backline for performing.

I'm not sure how much longer Ross is going to put up with Max King's pathetic efforts. People continue to make excuses for him but today's performance will go down as the the weakest individual performance of the year.

On a positive, I thought the skipper really stood up today, but outside of him our midfield for the most part were invisible.

Yeah been a huge supporter of the bloke but man… is it hard to keep advocating for him.
Your keep him in the 1’s if he was making skill errors just for education but the lack of effort is simply not up to scratch.
Instruct him to lead and at least drag the main defender out of the contest. If he gets hit on the tit then great, but his current gameplan/instruction is simply ineffective and detrimental to the team.
King being soft and lazy has nothing to do with game plan, he's a bruise free player and sits behind the pack and refuses to be the man and be first to the ball....its that simple.

Have defended King in the past, but he makes us worse up forward.
Steele
Sincs
Marshall
Wood tried hard

Dow nowhere to be seen
Clark too slow
Windhager and Owens nowhere near it
Henry tries hard but is cream not a worker
Higgins can get the ball but can't kick for shit.
Our skills are appalling
Need new assistants
Get rid of Harvey, Hayes and Goddard.

The AFL is going backwards with the umpiring, who as a neutral would watch that absolute garbage?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

All I can say is thank **** Marshall isn't going anywhere. Him and Battle look like they give a shit in a side that looks happy to be paid to take it easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back