Review Round 16 = Gold Coast 101-90 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

He had one goal kicked on him today by his opponent. The second Lukosius goal he wasn’t even on the ground and was due to an IQ turnover.

Do you know every goal kicked against us doesn’t get automatically recorded against Darcy?

You need to do better research.
I think you're reframing his question, to how many goals he gets kicked on him when he gets the second or third banana every week.

Frampton copping a bit of a caning here but aside from one or two situations I thought he was reasonable. Our team defence makes him (and Dean) look bad because too often it leaves them trying to guard two or three players whilst manning the most imposing forward.

Thought Howe was worse defensively but obviously when he went forward he was absolutely immense for us so can’t be too critical overall. Quaynor had a horrific outing too.
No Frampton was fine. All goals kicked by GC were Darcy Moore’s fault.

No goals had anything to do with our midfield letting the coasters have all the territory.

Learn BF analysis.

Yep, i was alao being disigenious in my response.

Think people a few years ago wanted to say he was better than Weitering and others.

Now, its 'leave darcy alone'
Man, you love it when we lose.

I guess we can't always pull off a miracle, but Nick nearly did! I've watched footy for over half a century and never witnessed a player that has the absolute magic that he has.
JDG was really important too.
Our defence was really disappointing, I reckon. Dropping Dean was not a good decision in retrospect, especially if we want to switch Howie into the forward line.
I thought Frampton was a liability all night; and needs replacing. How much is Murphy missed from the defence and probably the reason Moore is looking shaky at times. Richards looks a classy player - must be retained.

I think you're reframing his question, to how many goals he gets kicked on him when he gets the second or third banana every week.
Oh ok. I’m moving the goal posts?

So he gets to be blamed for Frampton or our midfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Bobby Hill had an absolute shocker. Was fumbly all night and made some really poor decisions.

He was involved in everything, and 9 times out of 10 that will work out very well for us, but for the most part tonight his execution was far below his usual standard.

I bye this year are FN stupidly scheduled this year, all teams should have a week off mid season.
I'll keep saying it until I turn blue, but the FN stand rule is the worst rule ever brought in...
How do you have a player stand the mark, can't move an inch, while the player with the ball can literally take off and run around him before ump calls play on, it is just a joke.

Very ordinary tonight-
We missed Schultz pressure up forward. Harrison was AWOL.
Richards needs to start each game. we Should of moved Howe forward after HT.
The defence is a worry, felt unbalanced tonight, we should keep putting games into Dean.
Gold Coast were slick and cleaner when it mattered.

Yep, the tall/marking forwards are getting too many looks against us. While the Moore defenders are also right in that the pressure from the mids is not good enough it still feels like our tall defenders are getting well beaten rather than halving contests like the normally do.

We've looked disorganized down back and lacking the 3rd man up to spoil.

GC - 9 scoring shots
King 4.0
Lukosious 2.3

NM 8
Larkey 4.0
Zurhar 3.1

Dees 9
van Rooyen 3.1
Fritch 1.4

WB 8
Darcy 3.1
Ugle-Hagan 2.2

72 tackles. I wonder how many broken tackles?

I shudder to think.

giphy.gif

Thought Bobby Hill had an absolute shocker. Was fumbly all night and made some really poor decisions.

Yeah arguably his worst game for the year

When he wasn’t trying to be too cute he was incredibly fumbly

Can’t keep playing one quarter of footy unfortunately. But it was fun to watch regardless, just didn’t come away with the chocolates.

Tough ask going up there, some players really stood up and handled it, but we were let down by others.

Have to disagree. They play like this alot.

Ordinary for 3 quarters and think I good quarter or 20 minutes can win the game.
A lot is two words.

Both can be bad.

I think the point being made if he is getting a weaker forward most weeks, why aren't we seeing more drive or intercept with him.
Why are we seeing more drive from you after a loss?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16 = Gold Coast 101-90 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back