Banter Round 16 v Hawthorn "Bruce McAvaney's Delicious Treat"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Hawks supporters. Your COLA jibes are useless on here. That gag has well and truly jumped the shark.

Anyone else find Hawks fans to be far less talented in the banter department than the other Victorian club supporters? Every attempt at banter just reverts to "You cheats got COLA".

They bang on and on and on about COLA, yet fail to disclose how much retainer they're paying Stevic.

Cyril didn't do much today :$:$:$ Hopefully that's a good sign for next week as he seldom performs two weeks in a row.
Hoping for more of this sort of Rioli brilliance this week. :D
ezgif-2932145676.gif

I'm just thankful I'll be at the game so I don't have to hear Bruce and everyone how 'delicious' Cyril's 'almost' possessions are.

You'll miss Darcy describing Cyril taking a regulation mark as "elevating himself between 2 defenders" and him running the ball over the line for a ball up as "He's the only player that can keep the ball in like that".

I'd set it to record on foxtel if I were you.

Anyone else find Hawks fans to be far less talented in the banter department than the other Victorian club supporters? Every attempt at banter just reverts to "You cheats got COLA".

They bang on and on and on about COLA, yet fail to disclose how much retainer they're paying Stevic.

Generally the hawks fans on big footy are pretty nice, good for a joke and very knowledgeable about footy. The odd Cola snarky thing I guess but mostly banter.

Great people

Generally the hawks fans on big footy are pretty nice, good for a joke and very knowledgeable about footy. The odd Cola snarky thing I guess but mostly banter.

Great people
Sounds like we've had very different experiences! I've got a lot of time for good natured banter with opposition fans, but the Hawks guys I've encountered just make every so personal and snarky. I'm sure there are plenty of good blokes there too, I just haven't come across many of them.

Most of them come from the Brian Taylor school of banter. Once they run out of COLA material they generally resort to calling people ****ters and making Mardi gras jokes. There's a couple of top notch ones in their preview thread already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we've had very different experiences! I've got a lot of time for good natured banter with opposition fans, but the Hawks guys I've encountered just make every so personal and snarky. I'm sure there are plenty of good blokes there too, I just haven't come across many of them.

There's some good ones I must admit. I even begrudgingly admire the one's like TazHawk, who slag us off every chance they get yet you can tell deep down do it for laughs and don't actually take the game too seriously but yeah... There's a few who just go a bit too far and don't seem to have a lot going on in their lives or their heads outside of football.

gunstonclashv.jpg

/obligatory

There's some good ones I must admit. I even begrudgingly admire the one's like TazHawk, who slag us off every chance they get yet you can tell deep down do it for laughs and don't actually take the game too seriously but yeah... There's a few who just go a bit too far and don't seem to have a lot going on in their lives or their heads outside of football.
Yeah nothing wrong with some good natured banter or light hearted trolling. But the flogs who spent two months arguing that the Swans trade ban was justified and economically practical can beat it.

If we serve up more of yesterdays rubbish, we may as well not get off the bus. You can get away with kicking the ball directly to your opponent a thousand time against a Brisbane, but do that with the Hawks and you'll lose by a hundred. Brisbanes pressure was good, but that many times is just sloppy. However, we do tend to have a habit of playing to our opponents level, so who knows, but a massive turnaround is needed.

So if SS were to visit the Hawks board there'd be no posts at all?

I'm letting this one go through to the keeper...

Just a tip SS, sarcasm rarely works in print.

Specially on Hawks fans.

Theres a breed of hawk fan who thinks their side winning somehow makes them a great person, is offended by even the most minor slight on the club and just talks absolute bs about sydney

But theres honestly some good insightful footy posters there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back