Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

FOXTEL commentary lol. At one stage Gerard Healey quips, ' he [Mitch Georgiades] is a magnificent kick'. :oops:

I can think of a few adjectives to describe Mitch's kicking but magnificent is not one of them. I think Healey needs to do some research.

Full marks to Mitch today though as I could not fault his kicking. Sadly the same cannot be said for Todd Marshall who seems to have lost all confidence in his kicking.

Dominated start to finish really

BZT keeping the good form going
Georgeiadiaesisese career best

Downside was Marshall’s goal kicking but he was very involved in play
Marshall's field kicking into forward 50 was elite. His goal kicking was poor. Like him up field as a link player drifting forward into space.

No need to rush Esava back in the team after he recovers from injury. I don’t think we need a third tall defender

Apparently had the same issues at Geelong, their backline were suddenly better in games he didn't play.

That said, Bergman would be one of the best defenders in the AFL, disgusting that we tried him elsewhere.

FOXTEL commentary lol. At one stage Gerard Healey quips, ' he [Mitch Georgiades] is a magnificent kick'. :oops:

I can think of a few adjectives to describe Mitch's kicking but magnificent is not one of them. I think Healey needs to do some research.

Full marks to Mitch today though as I could not fault his kicking. Sadly the same cannot be said for Todd Marshall who seems to have lost all confidence in his kicking.
Mitch used to kick good then went total crap.
He’s looked better since coming back from surgery.
Think he might be in trouble today with an off the ball silly incident.

Bulldogs are a poor defensive football club, they all run forward of the play. Shut that down, they have little to fall back on. I did appreciate their sense of fair play in not making use of their size advantage in their forward line...

Rozee, Butters, Wines, JHF were all amazing in the midfield, but against an opponent that refused to play defence and let them run free. Thought Sweet monstered their rucks, and we kept concentrating on our stoppage structures to keep Bont and Treloar from cutting loose through the front of clearances.

Georgiades was incredible, he's easily our most natural forward. Who was the dipstick that thought he should play wing?

Logan Evans frontrunner for this week's Rising Star nom, albeit a small sample size so far. BZT has been great for the past fortnight, and Jones and Bergman had their best games for the season.

Can't fault anyone, except Boaky - the end comes quickly!

The Western Bulldogs are garbage and their fans are massive happy clappers. Thats what I took from the game/week
They were surprisingly terrible even from the start when their player? passed to trouble instead of kicking for goal. They seemed to be lacking confidence from the start. Our pressure was elite today, was a pleasure to watch. Total team effort. Can we keep it up, I have my doubts.

Apparently had the same issues at Geelong, their backline were suddenly better in games he didn't play.

That said, Bergman would be one of the best defenders in the AFL, disgusting that we tried him elsewhere.
I like the fact that Bergman gives you run and carry from defence, something that Esava doesn’t offer

Logan Evans wowee from the MSD.
Agreed, I thought Ford Fairlane was guilty of extremely premature adjudication when he anointed Evans as having AFL qualities during the preseason, but his ability to read the play and place himself in the right position to get the ball and then put it to the advantage of a team mate suggests Ford was right on the money with that opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting some Ben Hart vibes with Evans

Agreed, I thought Ford Fairlane was guilty of extremely premature adjudication when he anointed Evans as having AFL qualities during the preseason, but his ability to read the play and place himself in the right position to get the ball and then put it to the advantage of a team mate suggests Ford was right on the money with that opinion.
I really liked his contested mark but like I have said previously a lot of his kicks resulted in the ball coming back the other way.

Episode 5 Drinking GIF by The Bachelor
So it looks like Port won. Still had a far better day in the hills with friends.

Exception that proves the rule :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back