Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

The boys did it for Kenny again!
Yep was expecting this after all the bad press lately.
Ken today was the same Pepsi drinking clown he’s always been.
The players on the other hand came out faster than a speeding bullet.
Partly because of there love for Ken and also the rocket the players have coped after the Brisbane game.

Maybe pick a different test get rather than an 18 year old three gamer who has performed well in each of those games.
It's not like I've been potting him like Pittard, Bonner and now Burton have been done over in here. My initial comment was I think he needs to clean up his kicking a bit.

So to be clear we're paying $800k for a vanilla link man?

1. It’s only you saying we’re paying Todd 800k, and there’s never been anything credible to say this you’ve ran with it cause you saw another poster say a number. I have zero idea if we are or are not paying him this much, but neither do you and you’ve posted it like fact numerous times lately.

2. Even if we were paying him this much we have no real concrete idea what other players are getting paid right now to compare it to.

Mackay reportedly got $850k+ at essendon.

The media reported our offer to esava was 700k+

They’re talking about 800k for perryman and 800-1m for battle in the media.

If these numbers are as reliable as Todd’s 800k, are we getting fleeced for paying him? Hell no. I would be more worried about that esava contract if that’s remotely true lol.

3. If it was true, what on earth do you think kfs better than Todd are getting paid? Sub 900k ? Lol. Again, look at the numbers being thrown around for battle, a key defender.

4. How is a guy that’s arguably one of our best kicks inside forward 50 vanilla?

Cornes post game said Todd will be playing a different role, higher up the ground from now on.
I wonder who came up with that idea? I’m not a Todd fan, but at least he had some positive influence on the game today.

If it was Ken who implemented the move, then full credit it to him, at least he’s finally trying something different. It only took him 2-3 seasons to realise Jed is a park footballer.

lol all night was a figure of speech ffs.

When you can’t dispute facts, turn to insults I guess.
Facts are 8 years of Todd and it hasn’t worked out for someone who was a first round KP forward selection.
As I’ve said before maybe the head knocks have something to do with his form because he has got worse since they started to happen.
He’s not a KP forward and never will be.
If you can’t see that after 8 years you would have to be related to him to think different.
If he can’t reinvent himself to another role he’s curtains.

On a serious note though.

BZT has turned into an AA CHB in the last 2 weeks. What a turnaround. Keep Esava out if he keeps playing like this.

JHF has been extremely influential the last couple weeks.

Georgiadies is the highlight of our season. The player showing the most positive progress other than Mead.

On a negative note, a win like that achieves nothing. We always win these games. As I said above, 37-0 says it all.

WE HAVE NOT LOST to a bottom 10 team at Adelaide Oval in a day time game. I mean that is such a ridiculously massive stat. It's quite unbelievable really. If anything highlights our issue of beating the shit and losing to the good, that is it.

Here we are 33% vs top 8 at home, at night. Yet 100%, over an incredible 11 years, against bottom 10 sides at home in day time.
Stupid stat.

Bulldogs are a top 8 side by talent and form.

We also lost to Hawthorn during the day a few years ago and maybe that was the only week in 5 years that they weren’t a bottom 10 side.

Lachie Jones plays once in a blue moon games that make you go wow hes actually not that bad, then you watch the next 4 weeks and he goes back to helter skelter madman giving away frees, spoiling teammates in the air and burning the ball.

Wines finally played one of those games that makes you go ah thats why hes a brownlow medalist

For REVERSE COLEMAN MEDAL WINNNERRRRR BZT is a gun, he played pretty much exactly the same role for the bombers but with us he actually has mids putting pressure on up the field and guys like aliir giving him a chop out so its not all left to him. His bodywork and attack on the ball is elite

George is george
JHF is JHF no idea what our club would be like without him

What was the point of evans as sub when lorenz could of done exactly the same thing

Stupid stat.

Bulldogs are a top 8 side by talent and form.

We also lost to Hawthorn during the day a few years ago and maybe that was the only week in 5 years that they weren’t a bottom 10 side.
It's an absolutely massive stat. It shows an undeniable trend.

The only 2 games we have lost in daytime or twilight games at Adelaide Oval, against sides that finished in the bottom 10, were to the Crows. The Dogs will not make finals, they are an ordinary side, playing ordinary football and struggling with injury. They finish bottom 10 and our record stays in tact.

If the Lions fall out of the 8, that would be the only loss. We still won't.

#sackhinkley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facts are 8 years of Todd and it hasn’t worked out for someone who was a first round KP forward selection.
As I’ve said before maybe the head knocks have something to do with his form because he has got worse since they started to happen.
He’s not a KP forward and never will be.
If you can’t see that after 8 years you would have to be related to him to think different.
If he can’t reinvent himself to another role he’s curtains.

This is rubbish.

1. He’s better than fine. If we hadn’t of backed him in we would probably still be giving games to Sam gray and Jake Neade , or worse.

2. Awesome , call curtains on his career… who’s next up to take his spot? That’s right, we don’t have anyone. It would be mcintee and Evans playing every week in his spot.

question for you… what do you think of ugle Hagen , who got absolutely pantsed today.

Is he a dud? Should bulldogs abandon him?

For REVERSE COLEMAN MEDAL WINNNERRRRR BZT is a gun, he played pretty much exactly the same role for the bombers but with us he actually has mids putting pressure on up the field and guys like aliir giving him a chop out so its not all left to him. His bodywork and attack on the ball is elite

I dunno.

I would argue some of this isn’t exactly correct. Is our midfield much better at pressuring deliveries into our d50? It’s literally the thing our midfield has been slammed for.

This is probably the least defensively competitive I’ve seen our midfield. I think the cluster**** gameplan and numbers can pressure those entries sometimes, most often when they’re rebounding. Out of a stoppage , not really.

Is Alir better support than what Essendon had? Probably, not by a huge margin. Alirs worst season with us.

Zerk would have had plenty of games against teams that weren’t lacing out their kfs, I mean there’s a tonne of shit teams out there they’re probably playing half a dozen or more games a year v shithouse teams and zerk never produced anything like what he’s done a few games this year.

I think maybe a little from column A and B of your argument , but probably it also comes down to he’s coming into his prime, he’s developed an extra 5-10% better.

I also don’t think he’s playing exactly the same role, we’re playing him pretty deep and consistent. he’s able to play the ball in front of him and it’s a little less complicated. Alir playing up the ground I think is a bit harder a role imo.

Apparently had the same issues at Geelong, their backline were suddenly better in games he didn't play.

That said, Bergman would be one of the best defenders in the AFL, disgusting that we tried him elsewhere.
Bergman prefers the middle or the wing but he’s happy to play wherever he’s told. He was back to his best today.

This is rubbish.

1. He’s better than fine. If we hadn’t of backed him in we would probably still be giving games to Sam gray and Jake Neade , or worse.

2. Awesome , call curtains on his career… who’s next up to take his spot? That’s right, we don’t have anyone. It would be mcintee and Evans playing every week in his spot.

question for you… what do you think of ugle Hagen , who got absolutely pantsed today.

Is he a dud? Should bulldogs abandon him?
You do love to waffle on.

Apologies.

We were 35-0 at the start of the year. Bottom 10, Interstate sides, in day/twilight games at Adelaide Oval, all time.

Provided Brisbane make the finals and the Dogs, Eagles and Hawks miss. We are actually:

38 W - 0 L

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back