Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the third tall forward/half forward is Todd’s go. He’s not a good enough contested player to have big mean fullbacks on .
Running up to the wing and dropping into chf sometimes , he’ll get his kicking mojo back .
Do t mind Narkle in , I prefer him to you know who .
Boaky worried me a bit , he looked a little off the pace today .
Byrne Jones and Jones Jones were both heaps better today .
BZT good again and I think Allir is suited to the extra room without the Rat there
Drew was good , the three Amigos were all excelled .
George was very good and showed a glimpse of the future , sure glad he stayed with us
I thought Sweet was quite good at the ruck contests and he got a bit involved going forward . Next thing is to restrict his opponent around the ground but another year or two he could be semi dominant if he gets another 30 games under his belt .
Much better effort today , hopefully that’s the new normal

He sure has a funny way of showing it. Outside of the Norf game he has been woeful.

That’s rubbish.

Was easily the 2nd best kf on the ground across both teams , and bloody useful today. Was a very good linkman playing that chf role today and only goal kicking , a common port problem remember Mitch was nearly on the scrap heap last year, let him down.

Can anyone remember Todd getting smashed by a defender the way bzt smashed the dogs kfs today?

That’s rubbish.

Was easily the 2nd best kf on the ground across both teams , and bloody useful today. Was a very good linkman playing that chf role today and only goal kicking , a common port problem remember Mitch was nearly on the scrap heap last year, let him down.

Can anyone remember Todd getting smashed by a defender the way bzt smashed the dogs kfs today?
I want to take you back to Adelaide oval many moons ago to a Port v West Coast finals game.
Jeremy McGovern, the prosecution rests.

FOXTEL commentary lol. At one stage Gerard Healey quips, ' he [Mitch Georgiades] is a magnificent kick'. :oops:

I can think of a few adjectives to describe Mitch's kicking but magnificent is not one of them. I think Healey needs to do some research.

Full marks to Mitch today though as I could not fault his kicking. Sadly the same cannot be said for Todd Marshall who seems to have lost all confidence in his kicking.
He is a magnificent kick

I want to take you back to Adelaide oval many moons ago to a Port v West Coast finals game.

The game where Hinkley dropped a tall so he could bring impey in against the tall eagles and McGovern had a great game as a loose man in the backline and you want to pin that on a 19yr old Todd?

The prosecution has to go back 7 years and try to pin that on Todd, they’re not resting , they’re proving my point.

He sure has a funny way of showing it. Outside of the Norf game he has been woeful.

He's averaging the most Goal contributions (G+GA) and Marks inside 50 from our team, and averages the most marks out of any of our forwards.

And this is while having an average year in a dysfunctional forward line. There is no shame in being 2nd fiddle to Georgiades, our best KPF, and Marshall's skillset is well suited to the lead up role he played today.

In his 3rd game?

Hot Toddy 20 goals in 16 games @ 1.25 per game.

Dixon 13 goals in 10 games @ 1.3 per game.

According to this board one of these players is totally cooked beyond repair whilst the other is a superstar who is an unfortunate victim of Ken Hinkley's game plan.

Speaking of which, wasn't Hot Toddy supposed to be a much better player once Dixon got out of his way? How's that going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game where Hinkley dropped a tall so he could bring impey in against the tall eagles and McGovern had a great game as a loose man in the backline and you want to pin that on a 19yr old Todd?

The prosecution has to go back 7 years and try to pin that on Todd, they’re not resting , they’re proving my point.
They played him on Marshall and McGovern ran off him all day to be best on ground.
He was shocking then and really hasn’t improved that much since going by this years form.
Only excuse I can find for him is the concussions he’s had, apart from that 8 years is enough time.

According to this board one of these players is totally cooked beyond repair whilst the other is a superstar who is an unfortunate victim of Ken Hinkley's game plan.

Speaking of which, wasn't Hot Toddy supposed to be a much better player once Dixon got out of his way? How's that going?

1. Dixon averaged that while being the target of the vast vast majority of our f50 entries, as a deep kf, and contributed nothing if he wasn’t kicking goals and several times was dominated by his opponents unlike anything we’ve ever seen.

2. our forward line has looked infinitely more cohesive and functional since Dixon has gone out. Mostly Mitch has been the one to benefit from that this year.

3. It’s completely disingenuous to say people are calling Todd a superstar to try to help your argument.

Last edited:
He's averaging the most Goal contributions (G+GA) and Marks inside 50 from our team, and averages the most marks out of any of our forwards.

And this is while having an average year in a dysfunctional forward line. There is no shame in being 2nd fiddle to Georgiades, our best KPF, and Marshall's skillset is well suited to the lead up role he played today.

In his 3rd game?
Shocking selection then and hasn’t really improved in 8 years.

On a serious note though.

BZT has turned into an AA CHB in the last 2 weeks. What a turnaround. Keep Esava out if he keeps playing like this.

JHF has been extremely influential the last couple weeks.

Georgiadies is the highlight of our season. The player showing the most positive progress other than Mead.

On a negative note, a win like that achieves nothing. We always win these games. As I said above, 37-0 says it all.

WE HAVE NOT LOST to a bottom 10 team at Adelaide Oval in a day time game. I mean that is such a ridiculously massive stat. It's quite unbelievable really. If anything highlights our issue of beating the shit and losing to the good, that is it.

Here we are 33% vs top 8 at home, at night. Yet 100%, over an incredible 11 years, against bottom 10 sides at home in day time.

I’m not a Marshall fan, but he looked better today, moved better when up the ground..

Still got out bodied by a 3rd gamer a couple of times but showed some smarts with his field kicking..

Got the Ian baker finches with his goal kicking

They played him on Marshall and McGovern ran off him all day to be best on ground.
He was shocking then and really hasn’t improved that much since going by this years form.
Only excuse I can find for him is the concussions he’s had, apart from that 8 years is enough time.

Rubbish.

1. West coast had 3 key defenders that day, we had Dixon and Todd after dropping Trengove. West coast had a free key defender to double team Dixon and Todd all day, and McGovern was their preferred interceptor / 3rd up.

These are not opinions, it’s fact.

2. The part about Todd not improving is rubbish and completely goes against reality

3. You’ve completely missed the point of what I said, and if anything having to bring up a game 7 years ago proves my point.

I’d guess most times we play the better sides at Adelaide oval it’s a night game.
Be interesting to know just how many night games have been against top sides compared to day games.
It shouldn’t make a difference but it does with us.

Double the i50s, goal assists and metres gained might tell you something.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rubbish.

1. West coast had 3 key defenders that day, we had Dixon and Todd after dropping Trengove. West coast had a free key defender to double team Dixon and Todd all day, and McGovern was their preferred interceptor / 3rd up.

These are not opinions, it’s fact.

2. The part about Todd not improving is rubbish and completely goes against reality

3. You’ve completely missed the point of what I said, and if anything having to bring up a game 7 years ago proves my point.
Rubbish
McGovern ran off him all day because dopey Hinkley couldn’t see what West Coast was doing.
Dropping Trengove and playing Marshall lost that game for us.
100%

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back