Game Day Round 17, 2024: West Coast vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne have the consistency of a turd after eating servo food. We should be competitive today.
This forum over estimates our team and under estimates the position consistently. Teams have ups and Dows, especially this season, but the Hawks were always hot favourites, GC have a far better list - when we play them next, North have quality but we played poorly for 3 quarters. Etc

This forum over estimates our team and under estimates the position consistently. Teams have ups and Dows, especially this season, but the Hawks were always hot favourites, GC have a far better list - when we play them next, North have quality but we played poorly for 3 quarters. Etc
Worst of all they underestimate the position we are in. Quite a few think in 2 drafts time we will be competing for a flag I feel. We are minimum 4 years, more likely 6 from making finals. I look at the team in 4 years time and our list and think we are atleast 15 players short. At the same time we need to keep the Yeo/Barass/McGovern likes so we dont become the worst AFL team of all time in that time frame

Thats the reality of where we stand

Lets start with some depressing reading today. Players this week under 25

West Coast Eagles
Bailey Williams
Tyler Brockman
Brady Hough
Campbell Chesser
Jack Williams
Reuben Ginbey
Harley Reid
Jack Hutchison

Fremantle
Andrew Brayshaw
Sam Sturt
Michael Frederick
Jordan Clark
Caleb Serong
Hayden Young
Jeremy Sharp
Luke Jackson
Heath Chapman
Josh Treacy
Matt Johnson
Jye Amiss
Josh Draper

Guys I think we are a bit umm behind the pack at the moment
To be fair if we broke that down to 18-21 and 22-25 it would probably make more sense. However, freo do have a very good list profile.

Worst of all they underestimate the position we are in. Quite a few think in 2 drafts time we will be competing for a flag I feel. We are minimum 4 years, more likely 6 from making finals. I look at the team in 4 years time and our list and think we are atleast 15 players short. At the same time we need to keep the Yeo/Barass/McGovern likes so we dont become the worst AFL team of all time in that time frame

Thats the reality of where we stand
Don't be ridiculous, all we have to do is trade a high draft pick for Baker, waste a heap of our salary cap on English and we're back on our way up!
Should be competing for at least 12th next year! And the next. And the next.

Holy **** you muppets. If it’s such a forgone conclusion and you vehemently hate it that much just don’t watch today. Most of us only get two days off per week, don’t waste it intentionally doing things you despise.

We suck and are terrible but there’s voicing your opinion about it and then…whatever the hell some of this is.

We’ll probably get thumped because we’re dogshit, but I have to miss the game today and will be doing everything in my power to avoid the score so I can watch an untainted replay because I enjoy watching my team play, even when they make it impossible to do so.

If they made me as disgusted and furious as they clearly make some of you, I’d do something else today and not check back in! Don’t keep going back to the restaurant you hate just so you can bang on about how much you hate it there and you knew it would suck all along.

Before this gets flipped, I’m not saying we’re good, or it’s particularly fun to watch, or anyone is expecting you to enjoy the Eagles being this bad. More that life is short! Fill it with things you like and come back to the footy when it’s more fulfilling for you!

IMG_8938.jpeg

Holy **** you muppets. If it’s such a forgone conclusion and you vehemently hate it that much just don’t watch.

We suck and are terrible but there’s voicing your opinion about it and then…whatever the hell some of this is.

We’ll probably get thumped because we’re dogshit, but I have to miss the game today and will be doing everything in my power to avoid the score so I can watch an untainted replay because I enjoy watching my team play, even when they make it impossible to do so.

If they made me as disgusted and furious as they clearly make some of you, I’d do something else today and not check back in! Don’t keep going back to the restaurant you hate just so you can bang on about how much you hate it there and you knew it would suck all along.

Before this gets flipped, I’m not saying we’re good, or it’s particularly fun to watch, or anyone is expecting you to enjoy the Eagles being this bad. More that life is short! Fill it with things you like and come back to the footy when it’s more fulfilling for you!

View attachment 2041144
I believe this is the old "Take the cowards way out" approach to life. Just because I dislike something, doesnt mean I quit on it.

Im emotionally mature enough to know Eagles have given me more joy in my life then misery. In saying that im not going to ignore misery cos it hurts other peoples feelings and I guess delusions of grandeur

Ill watch the game as a disappointed fan. I wont go sit at the beachside restuarant drinking a soy latte like a cowardly turncoat

I believe this is the old "Take the cowards way out" approach to life. Just because I dislike something, doesnt mean I quit on it.

Im emotionally mature enough to know Eagles have given me more joy in my life then misery. In saying that im not going to ignore misery cos it hurts other peoples feelings and I guess delusions of grandeur

Ill watch the game as a disappointed fan. I wont go sit at the beachside restuarant drinking a soy latte like a cowardly turncoat
You know the posts in this thread are visible to others, right?

Holy **** you muppets. If it’s such a forgone conclusion and you vehemently hate it that much just don’t watch. Most of us only get two days off per week, don’t waste it intentionally doing things you despise.

Before this gets flipped, I’m not saying we’re good, or it’s particularly fun to watch, or anyone is expecting you to enjoy the Eagles being this bad. More that life is short! Fill it with things you like and come back to the footy when it’s more fulfilling for yHoly **** you muppets. If it’s such a forgone conclusion and you vehemently hate it that much just don’t watch. Most of us only get two days off per week, don’t waste it intentionally doing things you despise.

View attachment 2041144
the other part is people that didn't watch the game will get extra mad at the result and get personally invested as if they had. It's weird.

Watch the game.

Yes.

Emotional maturity is not giving up.

I dont think emotional maturity involves being dishonest and pretending things are better then they are
Nobody is being dishonest and I even put the disclaimer in there because I knew a handful on here would play that card.

I like my barber. I go there every time and have done for years. Lately my barber has been awful, like due to losing his hand in an accident.

I’m emotionally mature enough to continue going there because I’m not a coward, even though the haircut I get is going to be awful and it’s going to ruin my week and I know that ahead of time. I’ll even spend all week telling everyone how shit he is.

But I’m not a coward dammit.

Mate we’re awful, and people are allowed to be mad about it. I just cant believe the level of vitriol some people have (wait, don’t jump on that part yet the sentence isn’t over) but continue to watch the footy, chase down media about it, obsessed over tweets or transcripts, all the while saying how awful and joyless it all is. Free up four hours of your time and hang out with your mates, or your kids, or knock off something around the house! Stop coming back to the kick in the balls tournament every weekend if it ruins your life doing so!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

Emotional maturity is not giving up.

I dont think emotional maturity involves being dishonest and pretending things are better then they are
I don't think many of us are thinking "We're better that we are".

But every second post of "we're shit, sack the coach" etc gets tiresome.
I'm sure some on here would actually prefer to see us lose so they have something to whinge about.

I don't think many of us are thinking "We're better that we are".

But every second post of "we're shit, sack the coach" etc gets tiresome.
I'm sure some on here would actually prefer to see us lose so they have something to whinge about.
People are thinking we are better then we are.

Every second post of we are shit, sack the coach isnt tiresome. Its the opinions of tons of people and its the position we are in.

I dont think its a every second post. Its probably more. I think its more of a 70/20/10 split

20% of people think we are 1 or 2 drafts from turning it around and Pyke will fix all. 70% of people think we are shit and need to sack the coach. 10 percent of ultra miserable people like myself who cant see anything good til 2030 which is a much harsher opinion then the other 90 percent.

Positivity isnt a expected outcome, you need to earn it. If you go to the Harley Reid thread, tons of positivity in that one. He is fighting and earning it. In Round 17 2024: West Coast vs Melbourne. Our players havnt fought enough to receive positivity so they dont get it

Mate come on, nobody would actually post something like “we will and hopefully will get smashed off the park”. They certainly wouldn’t then follow it up by saying other approaches are cowardly and that this is what not giving up looks like.

Really apprehensive about today's game.

Really don't know what we're going to get.

Just hope we come out diving on landmines.
I just want to see maximum effort and everyone having a dip.

If we can get away with a 4 to 5 goal loss, I'm ok with that.

This could be the biggest H&A game in Simmo's coaching career.
Another 10 goal loss and he might go before the season ends.

Nobody is being dishonest and I even put the disclaimer in there because I knew a handful on here would play that card.

I like my barber. I go there every time and have done for years. Lately my barber has been awful, like due to losing his hand in an accident.

I’m emotionally mature enough to continue going there because I’m not a coward, even though the haircut I get is going to be awful and it’s going to ruin my week and I know that ahead of time. I’ll even spend all week telling everyone how shit he is.

But I’m not a coward dammit.

Mate we’re awful, and people are allowed to be mad about it. I just cant believe the level of vitriol some people have (wait, don’t jump on that part yet the sentence isn’t over) but continue to watch the footy, chase down media about it, obsessed over tweets or transcripts, all the while saying how awful and joyless it all is. Free up four hours of your time and hang out with your mates, or your kids, or knock off something around the house! Stop coming back to the kick in the balls tournament every weekend if it ruins your life doing so!
If you think the club is comparable to a haircut, then you probably dont love or care for the club enough...

A club should be comparable to a friend. If your friend is struggling, you dont tell him to piss off and leave you alone. Sure you can do it, but it makes you a coward. You just try your best to support them (I do pay my 2,000+ for my memberships and do go to all games still) and dont turn your back on them when things are tough

I said the Eagles are not ruining my life. Just a disappointing aspect of it.

Oh boy the melts have started.
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Mate come on, nobody would actually post something like “we will and hopefully will get smashed off the park”. They certainly wouldn’t then follow it up by saying other approaches are cowardly and that this is what not giving up looks like.
Ive wanted natural change and it hasnt happened. Thats just sheer desperation at this point. Its not my fault or the fans fault we are heading towards being the worst team in AFL history over a 3 year period with the same leaders.

Thats on someone else to own

If you think the club is comparable to a haircut, then you probably dont love or care for the club enough...

A club should be comparable to a friend. If your friend is struggling, you dont tell him to piss off and leave you alone. Sure you can do it, but it makes you a coward. You just try your best to support them (I do pay my 2,000+ for my memberships and do go to all games still) and dont turn your back on them when things are tough

I said the Eagles are not ruining my life. Just a disappointing aspect of it.
Mate if this is how you treat your friends then god help anyone who crosses you.

I’d just stop ordering my favourite food for a week or two if it had landed me in ER the last few times. Continuing to order it while screaming at the nurse isn’t the brave or noble. Some people in here are posting the BigFooty equivalent of going to ER, some proper proper head loss and rage.

I’ve said my piece. As I say, I’m missing the game today and am gutted about it (lol at the don’t care about the club line) so will track down a replay to watch us likely lose by 10+ goals to a very hot and cold Melbourne side. We’re awful and nobody is suggesting people be happy about it. I’ll log on to see how toxic it is later, very exciting. I for one hope we don’t get smashed!

Really apprehensive about today's game.

Really don't know what we're going to get.

Just hope we come out diving on landmines.
I just want to see maximum effort and everyone having a dip.

If we can get away with a 4 to 5 goal loss, I'm ok with that.

This could be the biggest H&A game in Simmo's coaching career.
Another 10 goal loss and he might go before the season ends.

Yes, same here.

Melbourne have been in poor form, averaging 63 points across their last four games and struggling to run games out.
If it is a big loss…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back