Game Day Round 17, 2024: West Coast vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badge, you're a good egg, but why do you keep coming back to read posts that you know are going to make you angry enough to write a lecture response? Life is short, why not free up that time to do something else with your 2 days off?

I think a bit of pressure on the club can be a good thing and that pressure has to come from people who are pissed off. Maybe everyone there is self-motivated enough to improve and make hard decisions, I don't know, but accepting the poor performances while not making the club suffer consequences feels like a signal that we accept mediocrity so that's what they can get away with. We didn't win 4 flags by accepting mediocrity and we shouldn't start now IMO.

All that is to say that while I am a little more reserved in how I express my criticism of the club, there should be room for those who want to be a lot more hard-edged about it. Those at the club can handle it and frankly they have earned some biting feedback. A lot of that centers around the fact that we are a loser club right now. Hurts to acknowledge, doesn't it? But we are and a lot of our fans think we can reach the top again just by biding our time.

Well, seeing as this is the gameday thread, I should say that I hope we have learned enough over the last 7 days to not come out and play like a loser club, though the fact I've already steeled myself for it probably says a lot about what this club stands for right now. I will of course take great joy in them proving those doubts to be unfounded...

Mate if this is how you treat your friends then god help anyone who crosses you.

I’d just stop ordering my favourite food for a week or two if it had landed me in ER the last few times. Continuing to order it while screaming at the nurse isn’t the brave or noble. Some people in here are posting the BigFooty equivalent of going to ER, some proper proper head loss and rage.

I’ve said my piece. As I say, I’m missing the game today and am gutted about it (lol at the don’t care about the club line) so will track down a replay to watch us likely lose by 10+ goals to a very hot and cold Melbourne side. We’re awful and nobody is suggesting people be happy about it. I’ll log on to see how toxic it is later, very exciting. I for one hope we don’t get smashed!
Just on this, it's possible to feel more than one emotion at once....it's possible to want to watch us play, enjoy watching a game of football and still hate the general direction the club has taken and be angry about that, or be angry about Simpson still being the coach, or be pissed off that we're not developing our young players properly.
There's a lot of middle ground between being on the plane choir and making 300 posts in a row hating on Chesser.

Watch the game or don’t watch the game, doesn’t mean you are not a passionate WC supporter.
I would have thought volunteering time to write about your thoughts on the team/ club is validation enough that your passion for the club is clearly above the level of most people.
There are many ways of dealing with stress and anxiety, which is what makes this process tough.
The reality is, it actually really hurts to see our club in this position and we all want it to perform better, which is why we get emotional.
You’re both passionate WC supporters, and there will be brighter days ahead.

Just on this, it's possible to feel more than one emotion at once....it's possible to want to watch us play, enjoy watching a game of football and still hate the general direction the club has taken and be angry about that, or be angry about Simpson still being the coach, or be pissed off that we're not developing our young players properly.
There's a lot of middle ground between being on the plane choir and making 300 posts in a row hating on Chesser.
I'm not on that middle ground. Not going to suggest otherwise. This club is in the worst place we have ever been and I'm struggling to see the way out

Worst of all they underestimate the position we are in. Quite a few think in 2 drafts time we will be competing for a flag I feel. We are minimum 4 years, more likely 6 from making finals. I look at the team in 4 years time and our list and think we are atleast 15 players short. At the same time we need to keep the Yeo/Barass/McGovern likes so we dont become the worst AFL team of all time in that time frame

Thats the reality of where we stand
Exactly.

People dont realise or don't acknowledge the fact that even if we rebound slightly we still have another cliff looming

Within 3 years time Kelly, yeo, McGovern, darling, witherden, Ryan and possibly barrass will all be either gone or past their prime.
And possibly reid deciding to go home.

That's a huge amount of senior representation to replace.

The list is absolutely dire and we could be down th bottom for 10 years if you factor the draft compromise from the Tassie team.

This bodes well for youth to come in which is exciting but we are t anywhere near out of the woods.

This lays squarely at the foot of this coaching era and staff from the last 5 years.

Holy **** you muppets. If it’s such a forgone conclusion and you vehemently hate it that much just don’t watch today. Most of us only get two days off per week, don’t waste it intentionally doing things you despise.

We suck and are terrible but there’s voicing your opinion about it and then…whatever the hell some of this is.

We’ll probably get thumped because we’re dogshit, but I have to miss the game today and will be doing everything in my power to avoid the score so I can watch an untainted replay because I enjoy watching my team play, even when they make it impossible to do so.

If they made me as disgusted and furious as they clearly make some of you, I’d do something else today and not check back in! Don’t keep going back to the restaurant you hate just so you can bang on about how much you hate it there and you knew it would suck all along.

Before this gets flipped, I’m not saying we’re good, or it’s particularly fun to watch, or anyone is expecting you to enjoy the Eagles being this bad. More that life is short! Fill it with things you like and come back to the footy when it’s more fulfilling for you!

View attachment 2041144

Nice melt kenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the ground. Still some eagles support about but feels thinner than at the bombers game 2 weeks ago.
Weather is nice. Great for footy.

Hopefully we get a good game.

I’ll wander over to the ‘G soon. Just putting away a couple of CD’s at the Cricketer’s Arms. Few Eagles supporters here amongst a majority of navy blue and red merchandise.

Absolutely cracking day by Melbourne standards.

Lube shortage in Perth today. Gonna be painful. Just hope the squad has paper bags on hand when it's Oliver's turn.

I made a similar prediction last time we played Melbourne but **** me that feels a lifetime ago now.

The Rd 10 Melbourne game was the only game this year we won the uncontested possession count.

If they are even slightly better today in terms of defensive pressure, I’d imagine this won’t happen again.

It’s been nice to see an improvement at contested ball this year, but we haven’t yet figured out how to possess it.

We are totally beholden to the form of our opposition, so let’s hope Melbourne have another off day.

View attachment 2041201
Not far from the cheer squad.

Close enough to point and laugh. Far enough away to not have others think you are a member.

The sweet spot.

Look at that turf compared to Floptus. Surely the players will put in a shift on that bee-yoo-tiful surface...please lads.

JWilliams is the sub

thanks simmo
Seriously?

Surely the only reason you'd do something so stupid would be if there were question marks still over Jake, in which case he wouldn't be playing at all.

Simpson's selections continue to mystify.

Seriously?

Surely the only reason you'd do something so stupid would be if there were question marks still over Jake, in which case he wouldn't be playing at all.

Simpson's selections continue to mystify.

Maybe the MC is the spot we should be looking to do a serious clean out in next. Mystifying selection approach. Round after round. Season after season.

Looking forward to Jwills fresh legs in the last 10 minutes of the 4th propelling us to strong 9 goal loss.

Blame? Competitors that give up are know as losers. Move them out if that is really the case.
They have been moved out already which is why they lack motivation. People who have basically been sacked and told to turn up to work for the next 6 weeks and do their best still dont make for motivated staff members id suggest

No one to blame but the coach and the poor culture he is created on that one. Foot soldiers just cannon fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back