Game Day Round 17, 2024: West Coast vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

Surely the only reason you'd do something so stupid would be if there were question marks still over Jake, in which case he wouldn't be playing at all.

Simpson's selections continue to mystify.
I can see everyone in the selection meeting being like

3205e8e5d9516b84aecd1446b994e1cf.gif

Maybe the MC is the spot we should be looking to do a serious clean out in next. Mystifying selection approach. Round after round. Season after season.

Looking forward to Jwills fresh legs in the last 10 minutes of the 4th propelling us to strong 9 goal loss.
As far as I am aware the mc only changes as per the coaches appointments.
Change the coach you change the mc.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Maybe the MC is the spot we should be looking to do a serious clean out in next. Mystifying selection approach. Round after round. Season after season.

Looking forward to Jwills fresh legs in the last 10 minutes of the 4th propelling us to strong 9 goal loss.
This feels like a "sack everyone but Simmo" post.

Just rebrand the club the West Coast Simmos if thats the path forward

Nobody is being dishonest and I even put the disclaimer in there because I knew a handful on here would play that card.

I like my barber. I go there every time and have done for years. Lately my barber has been awful, like due to losing his hand in an accident.

I’m emotionally mature enough to continue going there because I’m not a coward, even though the haircut I get is going to be awful and it’s going to ruin my week and I know that ahead of time. I’ll even spend all week telling everyone how shit he is.

But I’m not a coward dammit.

Mate we’re awful, and people are allowed to be mad about it. I just cant believe the level of vitriol some people have (wait, don’t jump on that part yet the sentence isn’t over) but continue to watch the footy, chase down media about it, obsessed over tweets or transcripts, all the while saying how awful and joyless it all is. Free up four hours of your time and hang out with your mates, or your kids, or knock off something around the house! Stop coming back to the kick in the balls tournament every weekend if it ruins your life doing so!
Imo the vitriol is completely fair, especially if you're a paying member. Then you're directly supporting the players career monetarily.

The game requires intent, and running, if the players aren't showing that, the fans have fair reason to be pissed. Just like members of society have the right to be pissed when governments "lockdown" the city over a cold that everyone seems to have forgotten about now.

Seriously?

Surely the only reason you'd do something so stupid would be if there were question marks still over Jake, in which case he wouldn't be playing at all.

Simpson's selections continue to mystify.
I don't understand this at all...does Simpson genuinely think this is the best team he can put out there or is he just trying to f**k with everyone on his way out the door?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really apprehensive about today's game.

Really don't know what we're going to get.

Just hope we come out diving on landmines.
I just want to see maximum effort and everyone having a dip.

If we can get away with a 4 to 5 goal loss, I'm ok with that.

This could be the biggest H&A game in Simmo's coaching career.
Another 10 goal loss and he might go before the season ends.

I'm predicting that a 4-5 goal loss is likely. The players will be looking to atone for their efforts last week and will do what they can to be in the game and get outclassed by the Demons in the end.

It's hard to know how I would feel about that outcome - if they dished up maximum intensity week to week like that Essendon game we'd concede it's 100% the list for our shitty season. However I still think a lot of this teams woes are between the ears and due to the gameday tactics and we'd be less terrible with some simple changes.

Going into the game today with very little expectations, feel like this is the best way to not get too frustrated at this point - much like my aim for the rest of the season to let things run their course.

Besides last week’s abomination and that it’s away - how are we thinking it’s no chance today? Melbourne have not been great, and struggle generally with no Petracca. How was it that 7 rounds ago we smashed them with him playing and us minus Yeo. Crazy shit!

I don't understand this at all...does Simpson genuinely think this is the best team he can put out there or is he just trying to f**k with everyone on his way out the door?

Perhaps a game of professional chicken? Sack me now, gimme my payout and I'm done.

Highly doubt Simpson is lacking that much in integrity for such a move though and its just a baffling selection.

To summarise what we’ve done this week:

1. Last week was epically poor.

2. Only 2 out and one is because of injury. The other a kid who has shown a bit in recent games on the wing.

3. Said kid goes back to WAFL (yesterday) and gets 25 touches on the wing in a belting and was good.

4. We bring in 2 kids. One an obvious Flynn replacement who also played well last week in the WAFL kicking 4.1 and marking well etc etc. Can also back up in ruck. We make him sub.

5. The other kid had 7 disposals and was invisible in the WAFL. He gets a full game in the AFL side today.

So no accountability for anyone last week and rewarding mediocre WAFL form directly over good WAFL form.

The onfield team is currently being overseen by idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back