Game Day Round 17, 2024: West Coast vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten goals to seven over the last three quarters. The difference being brain fades late in the second quarter and early in the fourth. Plenty to work on but a fairly solid effort after a dismal first term.

Good thing he's got a 3 year contract and not a 2 week one then.

Yeah but uncompetitive periods like this leave a bad bad taste in your mouth when you're not enjoying your footy, also a change of coach which is probably likely after next year, won't help.

Also, contracted doesn't mean he can't ask for a trade before 3Y is up. Look at Horn Flog.

Cause our ball movement and structures are shit.
I see your point, Duggan runs clear - ignores the runner outside and kicks to a d's defender. Dumb is dumb.
Ginby runs clear and kicks to a contest where we are losing in the air - ignores Cripps on his own in front of gaols etc etc.
Coaches can not improve IQ.

Foot skills are the difference. They hitting majority of kicks on the over lap, we can’t when we try and no gun shy.

Our entries into 50 are in the pockets/flanks and from distance.
Not foot skills it’s game plan and structure.

We have neither. Just go hard and keep it in the forward line. No explanation about how.

It’s long past time for a change. This is sick.

Ten goals to seven over the last three quarters. The difference being brain fades late in the second quarter and early in the fourth. Plenty to work on but a fairly solid effort after a dismal first term.

Mate, I get looking for the silver lining inside the cloud but you are engaged in wiping the shit off the side of the bowl here.

We were terrible and we had patches where our effort was AFL standard but even in those patches our lack of a structure or a plan meant we still were largely inept.

There are zero positives from that game.

Ran around like headless chooks all day. Broke even with effort at stages but there's no purpose in how we go about it.

Why on earth are we dropping Maric and actively keeping the ball out of the decent users hands so Duggan or TK can hack another kick straight to the opposition.

Simpson is flat out stealing money off the club at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprises ginbey gets into the game when he is played in the middle more

I thought this was a bit of hyperbole, but you're spot on. He legit had 0 CBA'S in an entire game of footy. Also 0 tackles. Wow.

What on earth is his ****ing role then. Gimp wing? Think it might be.

Our skills are really bad. Doesnt help any potential game plan we may have. Handballing is sub par for AFL. Cant hit a target running past or more than 5m away.

Yeah but uncompetitive periods like this leave a bad bad taste in your mouth when you're not enjoying your footy, also a change of coach which is probably likely after next year, won't help.

Also, contracted doesn't mean he can't ask for a trade before 3Y is up. Look at Horn Flog.

There is zero chance we don’t have a chance of coach at the end of this year. If we again wait an extra year we should actually fold the club.

Sadly Cox wont leave Sydney early. Not sure if there are any other decent prospects as coach.
Lol - there's bot an assistant coach in the league who wouldn't run to be West Coast's senior coach. Especially a past player like Cox.

He would coach out the season with Swans and be announced the week after GF.

Sadly Cox wont leave Sydney early. Not sure if there are any other decent prospects as coach.
It's not even permitted within the AFL rules to take a current assistant from another club before the club's end to the season. Schofield will take over for the rest of the season if Simmo is gone.

Mate, I get looking for the silver lining inside the cloud but you are engaged in wiping the shit off the side of the bowl here.

We were terrible and we had patches where our effort was AFL standard but even in those patches our lack of a structure or a plan meant we still were largely inept.

There are zero positives from that game.
As I said, there are things to work on but we were a terrible first quarter and couple of short patches of brain fades short of a team that should be playing finals football this year.

I called it in the first quarter.

For all the Simmo commentary, pay attention to what the players are doing. Holding onto the ball longer than they should, missing kicks, missing tackles, getting pushed over, allowing players to get goal side. Sure, there's an element of coaching involved to set up the structure but the players themselves need to be better.

Rotham and witherden are ****ing useless. Best 22 my ****in arse.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't believe it's their fault and that they are the worst, it's the Ruckman & the lack of midfield depth. Kelly, Duggan & Reid were good today but after that it just drops off. Sure though Witherden & Rotham need to work on their disposal it's ordinary this season.

As I said, there are things to work on but we were a terrible first quarter and couple of short patches of brain fades short of a team that should be playing finals football this year.

I called it in the first quarter.
It's probably deliberate they're holding up play

Knowing when they do they'll lose it. Again who knows how bad things are internally.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back