Game Day Round 17, 2024: West Coast vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As I said, there are things to work on but we were a terrible first quarter and couple of short patches of brain fades short of a team that should be playing finals football this year.

I called it in the first quarter.
With that logic we are 10 wins off making finals this year against sides above us on the ladder. If only we won those games we'd be challenging for the flag...

Jesus Christ. The difference in mood since the last time we played these guys is incredible.

We had Adelaide, St Kilda, and the Roos still to play with Yeo and Allan still to return. All of them looked winnable. 2 of them almost certainties. The ****ing bathwater was delicious.

Then we are smashed by 99, and lose at home to 2 very average opponents.

Now I can’t see us winning a coin toss for the rest of the season, let alone a game.

No issues with simmo seeing out the season - but would like us to announce that we'll terminating his contract at end of season.

If schoefield comes in as caretaker - do we think he'll stay on if not successful for the head job? Don't think we would want to lose him.

With that logic we are 10 wins off making finals this year against sides above us on the ladder. If only we won those games we'd be challenging for the flag...
You miss the point - we are better than we played in the first quarter but worse than a team that should be playing finals. For all the whining about coaching, it took the players executing better to come close to matching a team that is better than us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginbey looked tired didnt chase and got lost in play a lot, but because he's young he stays in the team.
Its the rest of the AFL teams then a country mile behind come the Eagles. At least NM are playing there young crop and they are showing something. Our young guys are getting discouraged in the WAFL

Love being a confidence booster for shit teams.
Yup that’s all we are as a group ..we just make opposition teams look better than they are and play them back into from

Never been so disappointed with an eagles playing group than this lot

I just can’t see any improvement it’s sad how low the club has fallen

Was at the game. Honestly we played worse than it looked on the tele. I'm very much not in the "sack the coach" corner when it comes to sports, but after this week, I've cracked re Simmo. It's time.
You deserve a medal 🥇 seriously the supporters who go to the game to watch this lot are a strong bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back