Game Day Round 17 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee Bell reminds me of Kouta, not in the way he plays just facial expression and hair cut I think. Big Boy though. And moves really well for his size.
My dad said the exact same thing.

When Dalhouse took over just towards the end of the quarter Yarran just seemed to be in cruise control, very carefree whether he got to tackle him or not.
Yet when Yarran gets the ball Doll house gets absolutely left in the dust. So it's not a pace thing.

except for the last 10 minutes, the game seems to be played in slow motion.
If the Blues werent playing in this one, i would have turned off ages ago.

Half time and i cant say i am suprised. Was always going to be a tough one to watch. We have too many inexperienced and under done players.
Bell has been terrific so has Yarran, Betts and Garlett. Scotland is brave and skillful as usual. We are missing too many stars, Mitch a late exclusion hurts us.
2nd half we need to be harder at it. If we can hold a tackle, might put a bit of pressure on the doggies. We could put Thornton in the ruck, and put Casboult as CHF as he can mark the ball.

Yeah well thats exactly right he obviously is a lot faster than him getting away from him more than once tonight but just sort of left him to stroll by and get a kick inside 50
Unfortunately most of our team are failing at the running and tackling thing at the moment so it's a bit contagious. That lazy kick by Gibbs that turned over at the forward line was terrible and indicative of the way we're playing at the moment

Pretty ****in embarrassing... Fingers crossed we actually switch on after half time and sneak away with a win... Not likely though

T-bird is just not interested. Bower has just lost all confidence. Russell has shown some positive signs.
Very happy with CasBell's efforts and Jeffy getting back into it.
It really says a lot about how I feel about this game and our season when I find myself with a sense of resignation about the score. The Dogs smell blood and want it a little bit more. If Ratts loses his job with a loss here being the catalyst, then there are a few players he can thank for it. I can cop a loss tonight provided that the players wearing the jumper out there have a dip and I'm not convinced they all are. I am numb at the moment and hope they can lift in the second half, but I have lost belief.

Carlton players simply DO NOT CARE. The most telling sign is their reaction to a decent piece of play... Sick of seeing one of the young guys put on a strong tackle or break even against the odds, and NOBODY get over to the kid and pick him up and pat him on the back. One guy might run past with a token hand slap. They just don't give a shit... turning up to get their pay checks and going through the motions.

Things are rotten at this footy club.

Will lose this by 10 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am honestly wondering whether we've already given 2012 away and just blooding the kids.

Jordy DOES look like he wants it at least (unless he's trying to up his trade value), a few others maybe not so much but the kids will try at least

Word in that the boys took some fairy dust before the game, and are now seeing players that aren't actually there.

Nah, just drank some of the brew Numb3rs left in the room for them. Will need some myself if things don't improve in the second half.

Loving the efforts from the new boys.:thumbsu:

For mine, these are players missing tonight out of our best 22. Judd, Simpson, Robinson, Laidler, Touhy, Henderson, Warnock, Hampson, Kruezer, Walker, Waite and Ellard (and maybe Lucas). Throw in Murphy back from a 10 week injury, and it's no surprise we are struggling - particulary with our lack of structure.

Bell looks a likely type, and would like to see Casboult given a chance down forward (big ask for the bloke to be playing out of position in his first game). Keen to see Dale at some stage as well.

Here's to next year!

Dreadful first half. Our disposal is woeful.
And FFS Ratts...can we put a defensive forward on Lake? Seems like every time you try that tactic, we do well (Robbo on Fletcher, Duigan on Maxwell, Armfield on Shaw). How we're letting a bloke like Lake run around with nobody near him, is beyond me.
A lot of our guys look like they have put the cue in the rack for 2012 tonight.
And it's a farewell game for a few of them IMHO. :thumbsdown:

Tommy Bell, I'm loving watching you have a dip :thumbsu:

I am honestly wondering whether we've already given 2012 away and just blooding the kids.

Jordy DOES look like he wants it at least (unless he's trying to up his trade value), a few others maybe not so much but the kids will try at least
He is a free agency isn't he? Even if he is playing poorly surely Port will offer him something, and he will probably go there and come good knowing our recent luck.

Players have lost interest? Pretty hard to be interested when you look up and see Eddie betts at FF with Jeff Garlett at chf...and ling did mention that ratten wants his players to go long and direct...to ****ing who!!!!!???? Here is a thought bring Luke Mitchell into the side and who cares if he is not ready tell him to play full forward and give us a target at least...this is embarrassing, ratten has lost them they're nowhere near interested and he has got to go...look at the crows they were bad last year, theyve had a good run this year, they have a new coach who knows what he is doing....top of the ****ing ladder...this club has got to get its spine back! #sackratts!!!

We lose tonight, it is over for 2012. I wonder how the selection will be next week. Do we bring back the stars or do we cotton wool a few for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back