Preview Round 17 - Essendon VS Collingwood, MCG, Friday 5/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Darcy Moore seems a decent chap and in no way were they deliberate but maybe needs to re-assess the way he flies for marks…injured Petracca and now Witts with nasty vertebrae injury
I thought the Petracca incident was accidental but the Witts one seemed very intentional, the commentators knew it too when they watched the replay as they started making excused about how he needed to use the knee to get elevation. I dont see how this is any less dangerous than Greene sticking his foot out in marking contest to create space.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

I thought the Petracca incident was accidental but the Witts one seemed very intentional, the commentators knew it too when they watched the replay as they started making excused about how he needed to use the knee to get elevation. I dont see how this is any less dangerous than Greene sticking his foot out in marking contest to create space.
I don't reckon either was accidental. Obviously he didn't 'intend' to injure Petracca that badly, but he definitely meant to drive his knee into their flanks.

Darcy Moore is due for a good game. Bombing it long and high into our forward line should do it!

Midweek tackle

- Jay Clark said Shiel will play on Friday night.
Sam Landsberger said the club is resolute that last season’s drop off will not be repeated. Club knows their supporters are anxious.
This is excellent news. I am so glad the club has finally seen fit to start talking about not dropping off. Obviously won’t make a big difference but I really appreciate the acknowledgment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope when someone inevitably does it to one of the Daicos boys the toothless mob are as understanding....

Pies should have lots of best 22 missing:
McCreery
Elliot
Noble
Cox
Mitchell
JDaicos (?)
Maynard (I thought going into concussion protocols prohibited them from playing the following week?)

Confidence strangely returning.
I maintain that no one in the competition can handle injuries more than Collingwood. I swear that club constantly plays above their talent. It's like being a Collingwood player makes them put together a win through the strong desire to win alone.

Midweek tackle

• Jay Clark said Shiel will play on Friday night.
  • Sam Landsberger said the club is resolute that last season’s drop off will not be repeated. Club knows their supporters are anxious.
This is so funny in concept. We've already dropped off. 3 out of our last 4 are losses, likely to be 4 out of 5 after Friday night.

Litteraraly half our team you can question where they are playing if of they should be. We have the best interceptor in the comp who's taking their best forward now? Martin is a centre forward. Draper is not a forward. Who is our small forward even? What happened to Redmans run off half back? I have no idea what Kelly or Hind or Cox or Menzie or even Jones are about anymore.

Game plan seems good but team selection seems out of wack. Can't imagine what the players are thinking
100%

Midweek tackle

• Jay Clark said Shiel will play on Friday night.
  • Sam Landsberger said the club is resolute that last season’s drop off will not be repeated. Club knows their supporters are anxious.

This game has a huge mental element attached to it.

If the playing group are hyper aware of last year's drop off and it's been spoken about all week I reckon it has the potential to creep into the psyche if things don't go well on Friday.
We showed against Geelong things got hard and the players mentally cracked and couldn't regain composure.

Pies are gonna do their blitz, either to run us down if we take the lead or to try and break the game open, if/when that happens and the avalanche of momentum happens, it could very easily send the group spiralling as they hope to avoid the season fade out rather than play their natural game.
Drop this game and the cats game and all of a sudden the panic starts to build, it's happening we are dropping.
Then you have a dees game that is very much not a given. Drop that and this becomes a 5 alarm fire and the season starts to slip away.

So much of this groups issues are above the shoulders, massive test Friday. Pretty keen to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back