Preview Round 17 St.Kilda v Sydney 3.20pm at Marvel stadium (Battle of the Lake )

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest worry is if they drag us down to their level and our poor skills continue from last week. Need to be sharp and on early, otherwise could turn into an ugly defensive slog. At least we know conditions will be dry.

Last edited:

Given North is probably doing as well form-wise as the Saints, I'd be inclined to manage anyone who is struggling to play through injury at the moment, this week, rather than wait another. Heeney is one, though the alternative is to just play him up forward more, with a few bursts in the mids.

If Cunningham is out, I'd be bringing Fox in to sit on Higgins.

JJ on Sinclair. Traditionally, and at least stats wise from last week, the key driver from HB for the Saints.

Out: Cunningham, Cleary
In: Fox, Mitchell (sub)

Though Cleary was able to play in the VFL, so might make another sub appearance. I'd probably rotate it though.
Take it a bit further. Rest Heeney. Adams and Gulden more time in the middle.
Out: Heeney (injured/managed/whatever), Cunningham (injured), Cleary
In: Fox, Roberts, Mitchell (sub)
Get Lloyd back on the wing.
Play Campbell HHF/wing.

Florent McCartin Rampe
Blakey Melican Roberts
Gulden Warner McInerney
Papley McDonald Jordon
Wicks Amartey Hayward
Grundy Adams Rowbottom
Lloyd Fox McLean Campbell
Mitchell (sub)

In the 20's we have played 37 times and we have won 24 and a draw to their 13 including our loss last year.
I don't know what you are talking about. I've never heard of this match, was never at the ground for it and definitely haven't done everything in my power to erase it from my memory.

I don't know what you are talking about. I've never heard of this match, was never at the ground for it and definitely haven't done everything in my power to erase it from my memory.
I remember watching that abomination, I was on a family camping trip as a teenager near the Grampians and watched it on a tiny TV we sometimes took. That's how memorable it was.

We've really screwed up against some depleted teams in the past. There was a Crows game in 2018 where they had a bad start to the year, were missing Sloane, both Crouch's, Betts, they beat us at home (not quite the same, but a big miss). Richmond this year...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man outside of this week it feels like as a supporter we have played a top 8 side every week :sweatsmile:

No rest for the lads!

Didn't we play Adelaide a fortnight ago? :p

“like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.”

hey, i'm sure that was one of them fighting hellfish guys
post of the week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back