Game Day Round 17: StKilda v Essendon @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would help of hickey hit the ball to our players and not theirs

True. However there have been a number of occasions when neither ruckman has gotten to the ball and the bombers have been all over it. We're looking very reactionary.

From Wright "!,Hickey should never play for Saints again. Marshall as number 2 ruck" What crap.
Holmes had 62 hitout last week. The whole Footscray team had 12. If Longer is still unavailable next week and they dont play Holmes I will be ropeable.

Oh come on you can't be serious. Longer wins tap outs, Hickey doesn't. Longer tackles, Hickey doesn't. Longer can provide even the barest representation of a contest and Hickey ******* doesn't. Debate is over, verdict is in.

Yep, they both suck

Don't see us winning the second half by five goals to get the result.

This feels like Round 1 all over again. Hard to harass, tackle, pressure etc etc (ie. OUR GAMEPLAN) when the opposition kicks constantly and confidently.

Said the exact same. Its eerily similar. Bereft of ideas, no composure, bombing it long, referred pressure causing unforced turnovers. To be completely honest, if we can't alter the momentum and our method then I don't think we can claim that we've developed a great deal.

Longer, Webster and Membrey huge outs.
God damn you Membrey and Webster for getting suspended!!!
Wouldn't matter we are losing at stoppages Hickey got to step up or we just bench him play Gilbert its impossible to defend when its tapped direct to a running player who kicks to a leading player who kicks to leading player shot on goal

I wish I was as optimistic as you are. Unfortunately all the key indicators are in their favour. It's not like we are playing ok footy but not getting bang for buck. We are playing plain awful & turning it around in a half will be near on impossible imo.

Not 100% no.

We are still strong defensively, they are getting chances only when they have separation from the floodgates up the ground, 1on1 we stablised that quarter to contest and rebounded more, turnovered more than we did. We are breakign down as we progress forward, and effectively breaking down at the contest resets since Hickey is either winning to their advantage or losing to their advantage and we're playing re-actively.

Not going to be easy of course, Essendon have the current momentum, all I'm saying is they're not goliath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok next few weeks

Sydney -
Port -
WCE
Melbourne
NM
Richmond

We need to win 5 games oit of next 6 games just because our percentage is crap.

Looking at the games, i dint think we can be top 8 teams this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back