Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
uploadfromtaptalk1437454052414.jpg

good afternoon fellas, was wondering youropinions on who i should trade Adam Saad out for, Hodge is out of the question as i already have way too many hawks in my team .. was thinking of Picken, although he is pretty expensive and with a breakeven just a touch over 100 ..

Is Hurley a good choice over Picken ? around 100k less and is scoring pretty well ..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

View attachment 154741

good afternoon fellas, was wondering youropinions on who i should trade Adam Saad out for, Hodge is out of the question as i already have way too many hawks in my team .. was thinking of Picken, although he is pretty expensive and with a breakeven just a touch over 100 ..

Is Hurley a good choice over Picken ? around 100k less and is scoring pretty well ..

Perhaps McDonald.

McDonald averages 100, which says enough, and he plays 4/7 games at the G where he has not scored below 85 this year. He also plays 2 at Etihad, where he has played once this year for a score of 125. Pretty safe bet I think and with a BE of 41 he is a steal.

Perhaps McDonald.

McDonald averages 100, which says enough, and he plays 4/7 games at the G where he has not scored below 85 this year. He also plays 2 at Etihad, where he has played once this year for a score of 125. Pretty safe bet I think and with a BE of 41 he is a steal.
he is at a pretty tasty price, although with only two hundreds out of his last 8 and with Roos swinging him FWD now im not sure he can replicate hes early season form .. which is why i dont want to bring him in

for the Saad upgrade its out of Picken, Enright, Laird or Hurley. So tough to choose !

View attachment 154741

So you're knocking back the highest averaging defender this year because you have too many of his teammates in your team? :confused:

Gingy, I don't think i can bring myself to do it. I can afford Wallis to Bartel but I can deal with 70-80 from Steele at F6. I can't deal with 30-50 from Smith/Lever at D6.

Wallis out would get me Docherty/Hurley/Yeo or similar (>487,700) but would move Saad to mid and still leave Smith/Lever/A Pearce at D6-8.

But ... a straight swap of Smith to Malsexy would give me Mal/Saad at D5/6 and:
Def cover Lever/Pearce.
Mid cover of Wallis/Lambert/Maynard
Ruck cover non-existent
Fwd cover Caleb Daniel

DPP Def/Mid Saad and Maynard - Mid/Fwd Lambert and any of my F1-6.

No trades left. I think I'm gonna do it. Can't see any options I'd prefer over Malceski under $365k, and I can stop worrying about trades.

Edit: Hadn't looked at James Kelly. Might go to him instead.

team.jpg

Last edited:
So you're knocking back the highest averaging defender this year because you have too many of his teammates in your team? :confused:

Yeah this. Hodge isn't gonna start scoring less because you have too many other hawks in your team, and there are no surprise bye rounds coming up. Only reason not to get him in is if you're worried he'll miss games.

Trade or not to trade?

Trades: 5 (if i dont trade)

Defense:
Hodge, shaw, mcdonald, gibson, b smith, OXLEY, a pearce, HAMLING

Do i leave as is and keep my 5 trades or trade oxley and hamling to Picken and H Goddard?

Would completely complete my team with 3 trades left...

ahh yeah, i consider the fact that if you have too many players from one team and that team loses youre more inclined to end up with a whole bunch of scores around 70odd .. i try to choose the standout performer from each team (generally the better team)

is this a silly logic to use ?

and yeah im well aware Hodge is the standout performer for the hawks but ive already brought in Birchall and Gibbo. Wasnt expecting Hodge to keep dominating in the vain that he has

ahh yeah, i consider the fact that if you have too many players from one team and that team loses youre more inclined to end up with a whole bunch of scores around 70odd .. i try to choose the standout performer from each team (generally the better team)

a) You think Hawthorn's going to lose a lot of games from here on in?
b) 3300 points to go around each game, regardless of the result.

If you can afford Hodge, get him.

10 trades 15k
Thinking McGovern > J Kelly and if Goddard named Lever > Goddard to free up cash for next week.
Would leave team like this
Def: Shaw, Laird, Gibson, Oxley, Kelly, Saad (Goddard, Edwards)
Mid: Fyfe, Gaz, Pendles, Priddis, Ward, JPK, Rockliff, Selwood (Steele, McKenzie, Walsh)
Ruck: Goldy, Maric (cox)
Fwd: Gray, Dahlhaus, Swan, Bonts, Deledio, Mitchell (Krak, Lambert)

Next week Saad > Malceski if he performs well and Selwood > SOMEONE DECENT!

and yeah im well aware Hodge is the standout performer for the hawks but ive already brought in Birchall and Gibbo. Wasnt expecting Hodge to keep dominating in the vain that he has

Yes, Hodge has been scoring at an average of more than any other defender and the fact that you have 4 other hawks is irrelevant to his output. And I can't see the Hawks losing any games.

he is at a pretty tasty price, although with only two hundreds out of his last 8 and with Roos swinging him FWD now im not sure he can replicate hes early season form .. which is why i dont want to bring him in

for the Saad upgrade its out of Picken, Enright, Laird or Hurley. So tough to choose !

Go Picken. Has averaged 110 if you take out the first 3 games where he was a tagger. I have got him and have never looked back.

Saad > GAJ
B.Smith > Eski (Considering)

I think I'll be better waiting and downgrading a rookie then getting a proven elite defender performing this year instead though.

3 trades left... Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,
Some advice needed please. I've got 5 trades & &123,900 in the bank.

Would like to get GAJ in (should have done it last week) & can only do it by going Hamling to Fields to free up cash & Cripps to Ablett, leaving 3 trades & about 6K. I know I still have Oxley & miller on the ground but what else can I do? Any advice welcome.

EDIT: Or did I forget about Ablett & fix my other problems?

upload_2015-7-21_18-51-22.png

Hi all,
Some advice needed please. I've got 5 trades & &123,900 in the bank.

Would like to get GAJ in (should have done it last week) & can only do it by going Hamling to Fields to free up cash & Cripps to Ablett, leaving 3 trades & about 6K. I know I still have Oxley & miller on the ground but what else can I do? Any advice welcome.

EDIT: Or did I forget about Ablett & fix my other problems?

View attachment 154793

Looks good to me.

Just upgrade Miller during finals. :thumbsu:

Saad > GAJ
B.Smith > Eski (Considering)

I think I'll be better waiting and downgrading a rookie then getting a proven elite defender performing this year instead though.

3 trades left... Thoughts?
I like that trade, it's ballsy, but most "premo" defenders are very up and down.

If it works then you'll have a guy averaging possibly more than those other blokes, if it doesn't you'll only be losing 20/30 points a week! Definitely worth the risk.

Which one should I pull the trigger on?
1. Cripps -> Rockliff, Beams -> Hannebery
2. Cripps -> Bartel, Beams -> Dangerfield

Can't afford the optimal Cripps -> Rockliff, Beams -> Danger.

Which one should I pull the trigger on?
1. Cripps -> Rockliff, Beams -> Hannebery
2. Cripps -> Bartel, Beams -> Dangerfield

Can't afford the optimal Cripps -> Rockliff, Beams -> Danger.

Rocky hanners

View attachment 154741

I would downgrade Mclean to Caleb Daniel, and then use your cash to upgrade Saad to Luke Hodge or Liam Picken, or maybe even Bob Murphy ?

I would downgrade Mclean to Caleb Daniel, and then use your cash to upgrade Saad to Luke Hodge or Liam Picken, or maybe even Bob Murphy ?

Sorry, I didnt read the hodge/picken comment, Zac Tuohy could be a massive POD, didnt score as well last week but the prior 2-3 weeks he scored a ton in each and could present value ? or maybe even Higgins at North ?

Looking for advice, my trades this week were Boston > Knight and Krakouer > Ablett.

I'm aware I'm missing a defender and once I complete that my team is done, any major issues I missed?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 154833
Looks good, do those 2 trades this week and if Malceski gets another 90+ just go Lever > Malceski next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back