Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sure, it tells you how many games a club has won, but it means nothing when they're lining up to play each other on game day.

Grand Final Day is a perfect example. It doesn't matter whether you finished first or fourth.

I think history would suggest you're actually wrong, and teams higher on the ladder have a higher chance of winning on game day... while teams at the bottom of the ladder, have a lower chance...

Ned long already announced. What is that meaning for who is out for him?

We know for sure we’ve lost McCreery and Noble.

Shultz in for McCreery
He’s not the noble replacement

Who’s out for him? Sullivan? On form perhaps. Go a bigger bodied mid?
Move some magnets around to fill in for Noble..or he's the sub?

I think history would suggest you're actually wrong, and teams higher on the ladder have a higher chance of winning on game day... while teams at the bottom of the ladder, have a lower chance...
Obviously 🙄 but you still have to play the game don't you? You don't automatically get the win just because you're higher on the ladder.

We lost a lot of games at the end of the h&a season last year whilst sitting on top of the ladder.

Yep that’s what it’s looking like.

He’s had his time now. Hasn’t performed really for a few weeks so makes sense to try someone else.
Yeah he’s done a great job during this crisis and he’ll be all the better getting that games experience

Don’t think Sully thought that he would end up playing nearly 10 Games this year

I guess he was closer (in now) to coming in than the pundits here thought when I asked. Guessing it’s more a big bodied Mid vs Dons thing more than anything else too. Maybe even DeMattia debut and Dean, TJ, Fin in the mix too? Shoota straight back in.

Not surprised to see Long come in, the midfield looked a little beaten up and outnumbered last week.
Agree with the Mids looking beaten up.

We know what dons will do with Nick (100% tag).

So I'd actually consider giving the Dons a different look in Q1 and see how they respond.

With Shultz back, i'd send JDG into the middle with Crisp & Long and send Nick to HB to replace Noble.

See what the Dons do for Q1.
Let them play a fwd down (given they have to hard tag him wherever he goes).
Suspect if Nick goes to HB...Hind is getting that job due to his pace.

If that's not working, send Markov or WHE into that role and move Nick to where he's needed.

Side effect might be to re-invigorate Jordy being the main man in the middle again.

Hope the MC are at least talking about this setup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned long already announced. What is that meaning for who is out for him?

We know for sure we’ve lost McCreery and Noble.

Shultz in for McCreery
He’s not the noble replacement

Who’s out for him? Sullivan? On form perhaps. Go a bigger bodied mid?
Msybe Crisp will play back and Long takes his midfield minutes.

Agree with the Mids looking beaten up.

We know what dons will do with Nick (100% tag).

So I'd actually consider giving the Dons a different look in Q1 and see how they respond.

With Shultz back, i'd send JDG into the middle with Crisp & Long and send Nick to HB to replace Noble.

See what the Dons do for Q1.
Let them play a fwd down (given they have to hard tag him wherever he goes).
Suspect if Nick goes to HB...Hind is getting that job due to his pace.

If that's not working, send Markov or WHE into that role and move Nick to where he's needed.

Side effect might be to re-invigorate Jordy being the main man in the middle again.

Hope the MC are at least talking about this setup.
Who tags for the bombers?

If you invigorate Jordy any more than he was last week he'll burst. He looked totally switched on and engaged to me.

Who tags for the bombers?

If you invigorate Jordy any more than he was last week he'll burst. He looked totally switched on and engaged to me.
Doesn’t matter who usually tags.
Nick is a totally different beast to tag.

Only 2 methods work:

Big bodied at stoppage make sure he can’t get on the move and force body contact (e.g Bont against bulldogs)
Or
fast paced and try and keep up with him to stop the overlap (e.g serong vs Freo).

Nick has now countered the first tagging method by standing 25M away from the bounce. Then taking off. Which prohibits the big bodies engaging him and keeping him stationary.

As for JDG….hes been very poor in the middle this year playing second fiddle to Nick. He’s far more dangerous up fwd (when Nick plays middle).

But if you move Nick out of the CB, then jordy is straight in. Being the main man in there may help him turn his inside game around.

Where Jordy plays will be dependant of what they do with Nick.

Perhaps

IN: Dean, Long, Reef, Schultz
OUT: Noble, Sullivan, McCreery, Daicos
SUB: Markov
Yep, i think they're the likely changes

• Schultz in for McCreery; straight swap
  • Dean in for Noble;
    • defensive match-ups Frampton (resting Ess ruck), Moore (2MP), Dean (Langford), Maynard (Stringer)
  • Long in for Sullivan; Long plays Pendles defensive CBA starting position; Pendles takes Sully's role as high HFF & rolls up to stoppage
  • Reef in for Daicos; Reef sub (Joe Richards into 22), WHE takes Daicos wing role, Howe starts forward instead of WHE
    • forward set-up: Howe, Kreuger & Mihocek play 3-pronged tall'ish forwards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back