Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going tonight for my first game in a while. Haven't been able to attend games for a variety of annoying (not too serious) reasons.

Anyway, I dont like Essendon games and I dont like Essendon fans. But is there a more dislikable player in football than Jake Stringer? He's a walking horror show, but a damn good footballer when he turns it on.

Pies have to win this one for a lot of very good reasons, including making Stringer feel bad. Not too much to ask, surely?

I'm barracking for Darcy Bonecrusher Moore's knee tonight. Just one more Darcy.

Firstly, hope you feel better soon.

Secondly, see your Stringer and raise you a Zorko and Joey Daniher.
Thank you

Re Daniher, I get what you mean, but he won me over in last year’s GF. A very talented but very inconsistent player, yet he stood up and worked harder than many of his mates that day. I admire him for it.

I'm barracking for Darcy Bonecrusher Moore's knee tonight. Just one more Darcy.

Poor Darce is copping it from all angles.

On the topic of unpopular footy personalities, another one who tops the list is Tom Morris. Seriously awful, and the so-called journalist who ‘broke’ the story this week about Moore’s out of control knee. Trac, Witts, could Stringer be its next victim?

Massive call, winning the next 4. Tonight's a 50/50 game. We lose tonight and we're a real chance of not making the 8 this season..
We’ve been winning and holding the fort, while effectively playing a VFL side, and now despite some stars back which improves us, we’ve got gloom and doom everywhere.

I really don’t get it.

We’ve been winning and holding the fort, while effectively playing a VFL side, and now despite some stars back which improves us, we’ve got gloom and doom everywhere.

I really don’t get it.
Come on. Playing 5-6 VFL players is not a full VFL side. I'd just say we were playing at 75% strength with some of our AFL-listed players not in top form, that would be more accurate.

Poor Darce is copping it from all angles.

On the topic of unpopular footy personalities, another one who tops the list is Tom Morris. Seriously awful, and the so-called journalist who ‘broke’ the story this week about Moore’s out of control knee. Trac, Witts, could Stringer be its next victim?
God I hope so

Not sure about tonight - I'm going but not overly confident. Frampton's not a forward but they persist with him, and Dean down back I'm not convinced on. We miss Murph.

Looking forward to seeing what Ned Long can bring - big size so hopefully can have an impact. Like the look of Joe Richards also.

Go Pies - win by 10 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're a side that lacks a proper tagger though, unless Merrett sacrifices his own game which would actually suit us.
Not many teams have a tagger these days.

So its more about who has the attributes.
Merrett definitely does, but that would be like us using our best mid to tag....think it takes too much away from them.

Come on. Playing 5-6 VFL players is not a full VFL side. I'd just say we were playing at 75% strength with some of our AFL-listed players not in top form, that would be more accurate.
I don't even like that term. VFL players. They are AFL lister players. Just call them what they are, inexperienced and young. That's all.

Possibly so and was my original thought..but it’s been pointed out to me that frampton is only 0.3 hitouts per game better than Kreuger😂😂😂😂

Be interesting to see which way they go.
I assume that is because frampton has played about 15 games and only rucked for short periods in maybe 3 of them compared to Kreuger who has rucked in about half of his games.

Last edited:
Frampton was fine last year when Cameron and Cox were injured - that was a true test, that demonstrates his superiority over Krueger as a Ruckman.
Jeez you draw some long bows spinny.

Are you suggesting Kreuger could do as well as Frampton did in the same circumstances?
I’m suggesting that you have no idea whether Kreuger could or couldn’t do that as it hasn’t been tried. Both have their strengths and weaknesses as ruckmen, hitouts only being one metric.

As it stands all we have to go on for what they’re currently capable of is the brief amount of time they have both rucked this year, and as it stands there’s nothing between them as rucks while Kreuger is miles ahead as a forward.

My comment was figurative rather than literal.
Let’s accept your number at 75% overall strength. And with 14 injuries at the time our depth was further impeded.

What % do you put on our fwd half during that time, with Mihocek, McStay, Elliot, McCreery missing?
That’s about 25% strength- so our fwd line was effectively VFL standard.

Either way - we survived quite well over that time and reiterate, that I don’t get the gloom and doom given the quality of players who’ve returned.

I’m suggesting that you have no idea whether Kreuger could or couldn’t do that as it hasn’t been tried. Both have their strengths and weaknesses as ruckmen, hitouts only being one metric.

As it stands all we have to go on for what they’re currently capable of is the brief amount of time they have both rucked this year, and as it stands there’s nothing between them as rucks while Kreuger is miles ahead as a forward.
Frampton has proven his capability- that’s my point.

When Kreuger proves himself in the same way then we’ll have the answer.

You are simply assuming Kreuger can do the job - I’m saying Frampton is proven in the job.
There’s a huge difference.

So who’s drawing the long bow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back